Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-24-2009, 05:47 PM

5,024 posts, read 8,895,713 times

Advertisements

We met at work when I had been married for one week, three days, and it was the third day of my new job. We were always great friends for almost ten years. He left work and I got divorced and remarried in that time. Went through second divorce. Afterwards, my mother, seeing how lonely I was, said "What's So and So doing?" I looked him up on a famous "school" website. Six days later he sent me an email. We spent the next two years flying across the country to meet each other. He was in school full-time at that point - he arranged his schooling so he could complete it in California. He moved here in August, 2003. Been happily together ever since.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-24-2009, 06:22 PM

19,046 posts, read 25,196,082 times
I was a street artist and he bought a painting.

Old 12-24-2009, 07:00 PM

3,440 posts, read 8,041,152 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Braunwyn View Post
I was a street artist

Wow that is so cool!!

Old 12-24-2009, 07:30 PM

720 posts, read 1,408,322 times
My future EX husband and I will meet in some sleazy motel that has those vibrating heart-shaped beds........

Actually, my real EX and I were neighbors. And that's all I feel like sharing...ya nosey buggers.

Old 12-25-2009, 08:28 AM

77 posts, read 238,310 times
oh, it also sounds like we have quite a few cheaters, prospective cheaters, on this site

Old 12-25-2009, 08:58 AM

3,749 posts, read 12,406,979 times
DH and I met through a blind date! My room mate in college had a date with his best friend and needed me to fill out the foursome. We hit it off immediately and married less than a year later. It will be 30 years in September

Old 12-25-2009, 12:30 PM

1,384 posts, read 1,932,175 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yellowsnow View Post
We 'met' online. Our first real world outing had us meeting in a restaurant parking lot. He was pacing and I was hoping to have enough time to put my shoes on and check my makeup.

We're planning on going back to that restaurant for our 1st anniversary. It's coming right up now.
Right now plus two and a half months, my dear.

And all because a certain charming lady backchanneled me through a Website ending a charming little query---and to this day I can't understand how my profile came up so often as one of her best matches but hers didn't come up on mine, considering we are the best match---with, "Are you willing to take a chance?"

That followup a few days later, following numerous online messagings and a phone call or three, challenging, "Grow a spine and ask me out already," sure didn't hurt.

I grew the spine.

Date number one turned out to be about ten dates in one.

And somewhere in there we even managed to eat a charming platter of brats!

Who says miracles don't happen?

You were mine.

Still are.

Old 12-25-2009, 07:29 PM

7,796 posts, read 16,401,804 times
He sent me 2 emails on Matchmaker.com (different site than what's there now), but I didn't reply because I thought he was too short (5'10"-6'), plus he didn't have any photos in his profile (I received A LOT of emails daily, so chances were that if you didn't have a photo, I didn't respond.) He caught my attention in his 3rd email. He said something witty, but it basically was to let me know that it was his final attempt to contact me. I can't recall exactly what he wrote, but I cracked me up enough that I decided to write him back. That same night we briefly chatted on IM and he convinced me to call him. We spoke for an hour or so and then he convinced me to meet him for drinks on Wednesday (it was Monday.)

We met up at a TGIFridays for drinks and appetizers. We were enjoying each other's company so we decided to head to a nearby town for drinks and conversation. Afterwards we went back to his place to watch a movie and I finally went home in the morning.

10 plus years later (6+ married), we live in that "nearby town" where we went for drinks (and subsequently had our first kiss. ) We also have 2 children with a 3rd on the way.

Old 12-25-2009, 07:30 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,431,754 times
at a halloween party, i do a very good quasimoto.

Old 12-26-2009, 05:27 AM

1,384 posts, read 3,179,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bassholic View Post
oh, it also sounds like we have quite a few cheaters, prospective cheaters, on this site
I wouldn't put it quite that way.....I like to put it as...True love comes along when you're not looking....

And when you're involved or married, even in a horrible relationship where you are so unhappy....you're certainly not looking and that's when they like to come along

For those of you who commented on my meeting the SO....ty!

Here's a little bit more to the story:

At that time hubby number 1 and I had met on yahoo chat. We had been married 6 months, I was 22 years old. I had found out about a month before tall drink of water sexy man was lying on my bed the night I met him....that hubby 1 wasn't even the guy I had been chatting with during our courting.

It was his 16 year old friend across the street who later claimed "I felt sorry for him b/c he could never find a girlfriend". Yes...I had been duped. Which did explain why I would reminisce and hubby 1 would look at me with a funny face like wtf? When did we ever discuss that?

I had been wondering how to get out of my marriage to a complete stranger, but wasn't quite ready to tuck tail back to my folks house.

And tall drink of water man became my best friend through that mess.

I had planned after my divorce (another 6 months after I had met sexy guy) to just go back to Texas and restart my life.

So I did.

And moved on, dated here and there.....then one valentines day sexy tall blond hunk friend travels to Texas to "stop over" at my place and get caught up on old times while driving through to another friend he met online in Texas.

He kinda never made it to his destination if you will.... he..hehhe...hehehe.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships