Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-21-2007, 09:56 AM

117 posts, read 214,850 times

Advertisements

hi, I would like to know your opinions on this very badly. Also how come you dont see as many white guys with black women like you do with black guys white women?

Old 05-21-2007, 10:33 AM

3,413 posts, read 8,836,214 times
That's a good question- one I've never really reflected upon before. But that pattern does seem to start during the teen years- even when I was a teen 20 years ago- it was and is more common for a white girl to date a black boy.

I do have a friend- a black female married to a white man- maybe I'll ask her.

Old 05-21-2007, 10:52 AM

989 posts, read 2,761,795 times
I can't speak for the Black guys, but as far as the white boys go, I am really not sure. I find women of all colors very beautiful (and black women are certainly no exception).

I did see a show about race-relations and they had an interracial couple (white guy, black woman). When they went out in public, several black men were really rude and confrontational about it (saying things like "what are you with a white dude for?", and "I'd be much better for you", etc). I white guy doing the same would be labeled a KKK member, so I don't think it happens much. I would guess that constant hassling would be tough to take, moving to an area where it happens less would be difficult, and black women who live in a predominantly white area are rare.

Old 05-21-2007, 11:04 AM

Default Bigger women

What do you think is the reason for so many bigger women being with black guys? Is it their self esteem or black men knowing they are vulnerable so that they hit on them more? Im not racist I just really want to know.

Old 05-21-2007, 11:39 AM

3,632 posts, read 16,163,867 times
I believe black men GO FOR BBW's. So do many hispanics. I don't think either discriminate against weight. So the BBW's date them if there's no one else is interested.

Old 05-21-2007, 12:00 PM

345 posts, read 1,578,231 times
what is bbw?

Old 05-21-2007, 12:03 PM

8,983 posts, read 21,163,259 times
As a black guy who is open to dating all shades of Big Beautiful Women - but tends to attract voluptuous white ladies - I think I can answer the question with a bit of perspective.

Black guys tend to be socialized to appreciate fuller figures in general. Say there's two guys, a black dude and a white dude, who happen to share the same fondness for a size 22 female. It's not so much of a stretch for the black dude to get to know her when the "typical" black guy might be attracted to a size 14-16. Meanwhile, in the white guy may have been taught that Paris Hilton is ideal so he might be not as quick to pursue due to peer pressure.

When talking specifically about black men and white BBWs, there may be some truth that some people are "settling" - or fulfilling some "fetish" of stereotypes - but for the most part it is more like a mutual admiration society. The dudes appreciate the ladies' curves and the ladies appreciate the dudes' genuine attention and affection.

So that's what's up.

Old 05-21-2007, 12:11 PM

926 posts, read 1,460,173 times
Big Beautiful Women

Wow, a lot of the comments in here are just blowing me away...SO many pre-conceived perceptions and catagorizing going on here. Would you ask the same question if you saw a white guy with a large lady? I'm sure there is much more of that than African American males with large Caucasian women. Here's a novel thought...maybe the people are attracted to each other by more than simple outer skin.

Old 05-21-2007, 12:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dukester2 View Post
Big Beautiful Women

Wow, a lot of the comments in here are just blowing me away...SO many pre-conceived perceptions and catagorizing going on here. Would you ask the same question if you saw a white guy with a large lady? I'm sure there is much more of that than African American males with large Caucasian women. Here's a novel thought...maybe the people are attracted to each other by more than simple outer skin.
No there is not more big white women with white guys than they are with blacks unless they are real old and settled. If I saw a white guy with a large white that would be fine as well as a white bbw with a black as long as its for the right reasons and not just due to the colors of their skin. Its just predominantly due to sexual fetishes or the wanting to be different due to big white girls notion of being unaccepted. For the most part alot of the bbws are very unattractive and the black guy they are with can be very attractive. I guess you gotta get it somewhere- that must be the big whites mentality. Thats so lame though. Most white bbws that I talked to said they wish they never would have gotten into the black realm but some get too hung up in it with kids and living status and so forth and cant get out easily. You see way more younger interracial couples than older hmmmm why is that? Curiosity and fetish wore its welcome out or just learned that it wasnt as great as their fantasy mind told them originally?

Old 05-21-2007, 12:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dukester2 View Post
Big Beautiful Women

They arent more attracted for the most part other than the things I mentioned thats just the thing for one reason because there are some no good blacks vicious murderer types but yet due to them being black the BBWs stay in the group.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships