Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-28-2009, 11:37 AM

1,776 posts, read 4,004,570 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
You know what, I don't know about other women, but if I am to do everything without any support the way I do it alone, then I've no need for anybody - at least not on a permanent basis. I'm perfectly capable of struggling on my own and don't need any help in that area; therefore, I don't need the additional stress of somebody else's idiosyncrasies, either.

I continue being baffled that this girl is still around and I'm no longer kidding... She ought to be a masochist.

Don't forget to send me your address so I can invite you to the wedding.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-28-2009, 11:43 AM

42,831 posts, read 88,170,643 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by IZthe411 View Post
Don't forget to send me your address so I can invite you to the wedding.
I sure hope, for her sake, there isn't one. If there is, send me an invitation to the court hearing.

Good to know your birthday. I've never dealt with Aries and will remember not to if I can help it.

Old 12-28-2009, 11:45 AM

47,525 posts, read 69,707,823 times
Quote:
She might have Daddy now, but he won't be around forever. Eventually she'll have to rely on this dear BF ('cause I doubt he'll ever graduate to husband) for some support, which is not his strong suit. Then again, a lot of water will be under the bridge until then. She may have a supportive BF by that time - if she wakes up that is.
It was funny - where I worked once a woman came in late to work, explaining how she had a flat tire. She said at least her husband came back into the house to inform her that her tire was flat so she might want to try to leave early.

She sighed and said "well I wanted equality so it looks like I got equality." Except then she added that she would probably have offered to help him if it had been his flat tire.

Old 12-28-2009, 11:45 AM

27,232 posts, read 46,663,996 times
Quote:
You know what, I don't know about other women, but if I am to do everything without any support the way I do it alone, then I've no need for anybody - at least not on a permanent basis. I'm perfectly capable of struggling on my own and don't need any help in that area; therefore, I don't need the additional stress of somebody else's idiosyncrasies, either.

I continue being baffled that this girl is still around and I'm no longer kidding... She ought to be a masochist.
It's probably just the sex.

Old 12-28-2009, 11:48 AM

Quote:
I sure hope, for her sake, there isn't one. If there is, send me an invitation to the court hearing.

Good to know your birthday. I've never dealt with Aries and will remember not to if I can help it.
It shouldn't have to be that drastic -- not when she told him she had AAA and her Dad on the way and it was 2 pm on a well traveled road AND she knew he was working.

Now he knows next time she expects a call even if she failed to mention that when the opportunity was right there to mention that.

I think he should tell her it would be good if she would tell him directly when she wants a follow up call in that kind of situation.

I think the whole problem was that he wasn't worried about her situation given the circumstances, but she thought he should have worried anyhow.

Old 12-28-2009, 11:50 AM

Quote:

LOL!!!

Dang Sierra. Be EZ ma- I'm a good dude, save this issue. LOL

All March-April babies aren't like this, I promise!

Old 12-28-2009, 11:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
It shouldn't have to be that drastic -- not when she told him she had AAA and her Dad on the way and it was 2 pm on a well traveled road AND she knew he was working.

Now he knows next time she expects a call even if she failed to mention that when the opportunity was right there to mention that.

I think he should tell her it would be good if she would tell him directly when she wants a follow up call in that kind of situation.

I think the whole problem was that he wasn't worried about her situation given the circumstances, but she thought he should have worried anyhow.
BINGO

I told her that. In my mind, she was fine. That's the truth. In the grand scheme of things, her situation was very low on the scale of tragedies and circumstances. In her mind, it wasn't. I'll keep that in mind in the future, but if I'm not handling it like she thought I should, then she should open her mouth and say something.

Old 12-28-2009, 12:07 PM

It's all about communication. No one should be expected to be a mindreader.

Old 12-28-2009, 12:15 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,170,643 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
Except then she added that she would probably have offered to help him if it had been his flat tire.
Just what we said at the beginning of the thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TKramar View Post
It's probably just the sex.
Probably. It has to be something!

Quote:
Originally Posted by IZthe411 View Post
LOL!!!

Dang Sierra. Be EZ ma- I'm a good dude, save this issue. LOL
Yeah, save having a heart, you're OK.

Old 12-28-2009, 12:22 PM

24,665 posts, read 69,710,891 times
I'm not adding to my previous post on the thread but did start chuckling as I continued reading the subsequent posts and particularly those which said, "Well, you should have texted her or called her back", etc. as from a relative dinosaur's perspective, what DID people do before CELLPHONES!? My oh my! How on earth did anyone manage to function?

What you did when your car conked out was hope that somebody would come along who would play Good Samaritan and take you to the nearest 'phone. If you were on a throughway you either did likewise or else started walking towards emergency telephones which were set up every 1/4 mile or so (do they still exist?) or hope that a trucker with a CB radio would either pull over to help or alert the authorities that someone was in distress.

Just some rambling musings on how it used to be ...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships