Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-29-2009, 06:52 AM

172 posts, read 414,518 times

Advertisements

I was going to say 6'0"/190 isn't a bad combo... I used to have a roommate (female) who is 6'0" and about 320 and wore a size 13 mens shoe. She was/is super sweet, very pretty face, and very fashionable. She is built like a linebacker... not this 6'0"/190 lb chick.
I think this woman sounds honest and comfortable with herself. What's not to like about that?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-29-2009, 07:18 AM

1,125 posts, read 2,192,990 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustJulia View Post
I Googled "6'0" 190 lbs" and found this picture of a girl. That looks about right for 190 lbs at that height. Obviously on the softer side, but nothing monstrous. (Of course, I am sure one poster in particular will arrive to tell us how gross and obese she is.) Being muscular and fit (the outdoorsy farmgirl type) would make this girl look a little slimmer. A beefy, rugby-playing bear? You need to up that weight a lot, dear.

Photographic Height/Weight Chart - 6'0" 190
She doesn't look bad at all. If me and her decide to breed then our kids would probably turn out to be 7'2 giants.

But no thanks. I'll have to pass. 5'7 or 5'8 girls are my ideal height in women.

Old 12-29-2009, 07:21 AM

25,901 posts, read 42,706,825 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dorrans View Post
She doesn't look bad at all. If me and her decide to breed then our kids would probably turn out to be 7'2 giants.

But no thanks. I'll have to pass. 5'7 or 5'8 girls are my ideal height in women.
Understandable. I was just protesting the imagery the OP was using.

I've been looking at the main page of that site. Pretty interesting! It has lots of height/weight combos mapped on a grid.

Photographic Height/Weight Chart

Old 12-29-2009, 07:32 AM

88,588 posts, read 84,818,250 times
Quote:

Not necessarily! I am 6'1". My ex-husband is 6'4". Our daughter is only 5'6". My ex's mother was about 5'2". I wonder if my daughter will have tall children, though.

Out of four sisters, I am the only one who grew to be as tall as my mother--my sisters are only 5'7", 5'8" and 5'9".

I don't do anything with goats or other livestock, but I still can lift the five-gallon water bottle into the cooler at work, and little old ladies at the supermarket ask me to get them things from the high shelves.

Old 12-29-2009, 07:43 AM

6,764 posts, read 22,076,250 times
"This" is a rude reference to the woman. It's unbelievable how some people think that if someone is unattractive or 'not the norm' they attempt to dehumanize them...

I cannot get over how vacuous some people are...constant threads about 'fat,', 'big,' and 'ugly' women.

Anyone 'different' is vilified, be it the short woman, the fat woman, the gal who likes to shoot guns instead of cook or sew, the gal who is too cool to date YOU (so she must be 'gay' or 'a loser.).

In the year 2009 we women do not need to 'meet your standards.' I think it bothers some men that a woman who feels good about herself and is not 'the common version' of a 'hot chick' doesn't need to base her value on what every 'loser' man thinks.

I doubt a woman like this 'cares' if you or any other critical guy 'does her' or not. She could probably hurl you across the room. (good for her, too).

Old 12-29-2009, 07:45 AM

20,048 posts, read 18,310,364 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moonshadow View Post
this?

Don't you mean her?
That's what I was going to say!

Old 12-29-2009, 07:48 AM

25,901 posts, read 42,706,825 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moonshadow View Post
this?

Don't you mean her?
Who knows ... judging by the poster's name and this's interests, maybe the OP meant "Would you date ME?"

Old 12-29-2009, 07:48 AM

1,125 posts, read 2,192,990 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GypsySoul22 View Post
"This" is a rude reference to the woman. It's unbelievable how some people think that if someone is unattractive or 'not the norm' they attempt to dehumanize them...

I cannot get over how vacuous some people are...constant threads about 'fat,', 'big,' and 'ugly' women.

Anyone 'different' is vilified, be it the short woman, the fat woman, the gal who likes to shoot guns instead of cook or sew, the gal who is too cool to date YOU (so she must be 'gay' or 'a loser.).

In the year 2009 we women do not need to 'meet your standards.' I think it bothers some men that a woman who feels good about herself and is not 'the common version' of a 'hot chick' doesn't need to base her value on what every 'loser' man thinks.

I doubt a woman like this 'cares' if you or any other critical guy 'does her' or not. She could probably hurl you across the room. (good for her, too).
Most was just stating their preference. I don't think she looks bad, but I wouldn't date her. Then again, she probably wouldn't date me either.

Old 12-29-2009, 07:50 AM

6,764 posts, read 22,076,250 times
Quote:
Most was just stating their preference. I don't think she looks bad, but I wouldn't date her. Then again, she probably wouldn't date me either.
That's fine (to have preference) but these threads are getting so prevalent. It's like no one 'can be different' (male or female) or they get mocked.

In the real world, all sorts marry and get together.

Old 12-29-2009, 08:46 AM

88,588 posts, read 84,818,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GypsySoul22 View Post
That's fine (to have preference) but these threads are getting so prevalent. It's like no one 'can be different' (male or female) or they get mocked.

In the real world, all sorts marry and get together.
That's so true. Just watch that goofy new version of The Newlywed Game.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships