Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-05-2010, 10:55 AM

3,284 posts, read 3,528,107 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post

I just bought a fancy-schmantzy scale that shows metabolic age among many other things. Most of the readings are kinda of BS because everything seems to depend on hydration, which is different throughout the day. So far it hasn't shown anything close to my real age, though - my metabolic age fluctuates between -16 to -7.
(-16 to -7) as in 16 to 7 years younger?

Old 02-05-2010, 11:03 AM

42,831 posts, read 88,191,027 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jays1983 View Post
(-16 to -7) as in 16 to 7 years younger?
Yeah. And that's provided I have gained some weight I'm having a very hard time getting rid of now and I'm still on the horrible med. Guess had I bought the scale before this incident, it might've shown I was in Kindergarten.

Old 02-05-2010, 11:14 AM

Quote:
Yeah. And that's provided I have gained some weight I'm having a very hard time getting rid of now and I'm still on the horrible med. Guess had I bought the scale before this incident, it might've shown I was in Kindergarten.
Not too shabby! I think my drinking and lifting (to gain mass) in the past is what screwed my metabolism. I have a much healthier lifestyle now though. Weekends not included.

Old 02-05-2010, 11:27 AM

Quote:
Not too shabby! I think my drinking and lifting (to gain mass) in the past is what screwed my metabolism. I have a much healthier lifestyle now though. Weekend not included.
I wasn't drinking water at all (just don't like it and need it). I figured the water in soda, juice, beer, wine, etc. should suffice... That might've gotten me where I am, too. I'm having a brand new lifestyle lately, too...

Btw, about the drinking... I don't even drink last 2 weeks. Not that I quit it, but I won't drink until I lose this weight. I knew the calories in alcohol, of course, but that never bothered me as they're not that many and it was never a problem in the past. However, I had no idea about the different way alcohol is metabolized.

Rather than getting stored as fat, the main fate of alcohol is conversion into a substance called acetate.

A car engine typically uses only one source of fuel. Your body, on the other hand, draws from a number of different energy sources, such as carbohydrate, fat, and protein. To a certain extent, the source of fuel your body uses is dictated by its availability. In other words, your body tends to use whatever you feed it. Consequently, when acetate levels rise, your body simply burns more acetate, and less fat. In essence, acetate pushes fat to the back of the queue.

Alcohol and Weight Loss

Ha-ha, yankee was claiming she can tell when I drink and type on the forum! Yeah, right?! Hey, yankee, do you know I had only one drink in the past 2 weeks?

Old 02-05-2010, 11:30 AM

Quote:

Ha-ha, yankee was claiming she can tell when I drink and type on the forum! Yeah, right?! Hey, yankee, do you know I had only one drink in the past 2 weeks?
I've seen a few drunken posts in the last month or so, but I'm not gonna call anyone out. (no, it wasn't you obviously)

Old 02-05-2010, 11:35 AM

Quote:
I've seen a few drunken posts in the last month or so, but I'm not gonna call anyone out. (no, it wasn't you obviously)
I personally don't believe my posts are any different depending on whether I drink or not... My muse is in my head, not in my glass!

Old 02-05-2010, 11:37 AM

16,224 posts, read 25,677,349 times
Quote:
Hey, yankee, do you know I had only one drink in the past 2 weeks?
Alright!! What is your drink these days then? Water?

Old 02-05-2010, 11:39 AM

Quote:
I personally don't believe my posts are any different depending on whether I drink or not... My muse is in my head, not in my glass!
Yeah yeah. By the way, I love drinking water, but as an alternative, I have started drinking lot's of hot green and red African teas. Get them relatively caffein free and you will get your hydration, some nutrition, anti-oxidants and taste.

Old 02-05-2010, 11:45 AM

17,639 posts, read 22,653,975 times
Quote:
I wasn't drinking water at all (just don't like it and need it). I figured the water in soda, juice, beer, wine, etc. should suffice... That might've gotten me where I am, too. I'm having a brand new lifestyle lately, too...

Btw, about the drinking... I don't even drink last 2 weeks. Not that I quit it, but I won't drink until I lose this weight. I knew the calories in alcohol, of course, but that never bothered me as they're not that many and it was never a problem in the past. However, I had no idea about the different way alcohol is metabolized.

Rather than getting stored as fat, the main fate of alcohol is conversion into a substance called acetate.

A car engine typically uses only one source of fuel. Your body, on the other hand, draws from a number of different energy sources, such as carbohydrate, fat, and protein. To a certain extent, the source of fuel your body uses is dictated by its availability. In other words, your body tends to use whatever you feed it. Consequently, when acetate levels rise, your body simply burns more acetate, and less fat. In essence, acetate pushes fat to the back of the queue.

Alcohol and Weight Loss

butt it was 128 ounces.

hahaha

Old 02-05-2010, 11:51 AM

17,639 posts, read 22,653,975 times
Quote:
Yeah yeah. By the way, I love drinking water, but as an alternative, I have started drinking lot's of hot green and red African teas. Get them relatively caffein free and you will get your hydration, some nutrition, anti-oxidants and taste.

I drink green tea made with artesian spring water from the land here. & i drink a lot of the spring water.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships