Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-06-2008, 08:44 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,184,604 times

Advertisements

I'm trying to get away from listening to certain music I like and I'm used to listening, but it doesn't bring me particularly good memories, so today I happened to be listening more carefully to the lyrics of the songs on the radio. I'm leaving work and what do you hear on the radio... Nazareth's "Love Hurts" ... Trying to relax at my hairdresser's listening to the following whining - Stuck with you, stuck with you... OK... On the way back I decide to return to an old favorite - Foreigner. What do you hear...?

You're as cold as ice
you're willing to sacrifice our love

head games, it's killin' me, baby
I can't take it anymore
head games, it's all I get from you
I can't take it anymore

I've been waiting someone new
to make me feel alive - (OMG! all shrinks will roll in their graves)

Are there any joyous and happy "love" songs anyway...?! What's their percentage? 10? 5? 1? .1? Anybody ever heard a song about marriage, God forbid a happy marriage....?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-06-2008, 09:07 PM

30,902 posts, read 33,017,046 times
That's hilarious because the very first song that came to mind reading the title to this thread (but not yet the OP) was "Silly Love Songs"--which is all about how people can never get sick of happy love songs.

I had a boyfriend in high school who was in a band. We had a long conversation about this once. He said all the other guys in the band were annoyed with him for finding a girlfriend because when a musician is happy, he just wants to la-la-la all day long instead of singing something raw and edgy, LOL.

Old 06-06-2008, 09:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerZ View Post
I had a boyfriend in high school who was in a band. We had a long conversation about this once. He said all the other guys in the band were annoyed with him for finding a girlfriend because when a musician is happy, he just wants to la-la-la all day long instead of singing something raw and edgy, LOL.
There's gotta be something to it... The music I'm trying to get away from is all about lost love, sad love, sick love... And it sounds like it, too. There's no need to even understand. I remember my Mom was saying - aren't you sick of listening to this whining (and she didn't get the lyrics)?

Many times I prefer listening to music the lyrics of which I don't understand. I'm even considering retiring some day to a country the language of which I don't speak. I think it's gonna be soooo peaceful to never hear news, to not be able to read the newspapers, to have no clue what other people talk about...

Old 06-06-2008, 09:33 PM

5,012 posts, read 7,874,944 times

YouTube - Alison Krauss - When You Say Nothing At All

Alison Krauss, would you put down your fiddle, retire to West Texas with me, watch the sun set, see the stars like you've never seen them before, and marry me? haha . I wouldn't burden an angel like her with my less than heavenly affection.

Old 06-06-2008, 09:34 PM

2,919 posts, read 6,830,663 times
Rod Stewart "Have I told you lately that I Love you"

Not a "date song" and not a "romantic moment" song...

That was the song that our Son chose for the Mother/Groom dance at his wedding...

When that song started and he walked across the floor in his Navy Dress Whites with tears in his eyes, I fell apart... I think I bawled through the whole dance.

Another favorite of mine is Eric Clapton "Wonderful Tonight"

Old 06-06-2008, 09:42 PM

820 posts, read 2,869,360 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyRobyn View Post
Rod Stewart "Have I told you lately that I Love you"

Not a "date song" and not a "romantic moment" song...

That was the song that our Son chose for the Mother/Groom dance at his wedding...

When that song started and he walked across the floor in his Navy Dress Whites with tears in his eyes, I fell apart... I think I bawled through the whole dance.

Another favorite of mine is Eric Clapton "Wonderful Tonight"
Oh, LOVE both of those! Rod Stewart has been a favorite of mine from "Tonights the Night" right on up to his slow stuff... including the one you mention.

"Wonderful Tonight" is just a gorgeous song! I have this fantasy about falling in love and that being played as part of this romantic scenario in my mind!

Old 06-06-2008, 09:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyRobyn View Post
He-he, this reminds me of my dear DJ who messed up or forgot what song I chose and played Mission Impossible for a first dance... Must've been a prophet...

Old 06-06-2008, 09:43 PM

5,012 posts, read 7,874,944 times

YouTube - Alison Krauss - Restless

The woman just gets better and better with age. God bless her as much I've been blessed. Just hearing her voice takes me to a whole other world. The grind of daily life fades as I move to a place between heaven and this earth.

Old 06-06-2008, 09:48 PM

3,219 posts, read 6,583,977 times
This is an Italian song with the original Italian version on the top half of the page and translated in English in the bottom half. It's a REAL beautiful song when listened to in its native language (Italian).

Song name: Mi Sono Innamorato Di Te by Luigi Tenco

Mi sono innamorato di te
perchè non avevo niente da fare
il giorno volevo qualcuno da incontrare
la notte volevo qualcosa da sognare.

Mi sono innamorato di te
perchè non potevo più stare solo
il giorno volevo parlare dei miei sogni
la notte, parlare d'amore.

Ed ora che avrei mille cose da fare
io sento i miei sogni svanire,
ma non so più pensare a nient'altro che a te.

Mi sono innamorato di te
e adesso non so neppur io cosa fare
il giorno mi pento di averti incontrato
la notte ti vengo a cercare.
Il giorno mi pento di averti incontrato
ma la notte ti vengo a cercare.

Here's two teens singing this on Italian TV
Video Manuela Rinaldi e Luigi Dragone - Mi sono innamorato di te - manuela_rinaldi, luigi_dragone, tluc, ti_lascio_una_canzone - Dailymotion Share Your Videos

Here's translated in English:

Song name: I am in love with you by Luigi Tenco

I love you
because I had nothing to do
the day I wanted someone to meet
the night I wanted something to dream.

I love you
I could not stay longer only
the day I wanted to speak of my dreams
the night, talk of love.

And now that I would have plenty to do
I feel my dreams vanish,
but I do not know most think of nothing but you.

I love you
and now I do not know what to do
the day I regret to have you met
the night you come to look for.
The day I regret to have you met
but the night you come to look for.

Last edited by njguy; 06-06-2008 at 09:58 PM..

Old 06-06-2008, 09:50 PM

1,244 posts, read 3,226,411 times
It's funny because I have been collecting songs for my upcoming wedding. We pretty much got all the music down...

I am walking down the aisle to - "When God Made You" by Newsong (Natalie Grant)
YouTube - Natalie Grant " When God Made You"

The Unity Candle Ceremony is to - "Yours, Mine, Ours" by David Chamberlin & Teresa James

We haven't picked our First Dance Song yet but we are working on narrowing it down...

"Love of a Lifetime" Firehouse
YouTube - Firehouse - Love Of A Lifetime

"Love of My Life" Darla Day
YouTube - Love of My Life - The Wedding Song

"Thats Where You Find Love" Westlife
YouTube - Westlife-That's where you find love!

Some others that are nice...

"Love of My Life" Michael W. Smith
YouTube - Liason-'99-'07-Love of my life-Michael W.Smith

"We Are One" Westlife
YouTube - Westlife - We Are One

I've got a few more but I gotta get back to packing so will have to come back later
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships