Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-08-2010, 02:41 PM

2,793 posts, read 6,128,249 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by fleetiebelle View Post
The PUA thing seems to me like a male version of that Rules crap that was really popular for women a few years ago. Yeah, it may give guys confidence and get them laid, but at its heart it's just dishonest, manipulative game-playing.
works for me!

Old 01-08-2010, 02:51 PM

20,730 posts, read 19,392,808 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fleetiebelle View Post
The PUA thing seems to me like a male version of that Rules crap that was really popular for women a few years ago. Yeah, it may give guys confidence and get them laid, but at its heart it's just dishonest, manipulative game-playing.
Hi fleetiebelle,

Nope, I already gave the best analogy. Since personality is far more important to women, its male make up.

Old 01-08-2010, 03:12 PM

1,342 posts, read 2,163,886 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwynedd1 View Post
Hi fleetiebelle,

Nope, I already gave the best analogy. Since personality is far more important to women, its male make up.
Yup. It's no more manipulative than makeup, a pushup bra, high heels, slinky dress, etc. That's women's way of appealing to men's base instincts when it comes to attractiveness. "Game" is mens' way of doing the same thing.

As has been said several times now, it freaks women the hell out at a subconscious level because it flips the script and gives men power to attract the women they're interested in and chose the best one for themselves. Logically speaking there's no reason women should fault men for doing so as it's exactly what they've been doing for eons. Just goes to show how much this bothers them on a deep rudimentary level.

Old 01-08-2010, 07:00 PM

190 posts, read 493,673 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nutz76 View Post
Yup. It's no more manipulative than makeup, a pushup bra, high heels, slinky dress, etc. That's women's way of appealing to men's base instincts when it comes to attractiveness. "Game" is mens' way of doing the same thing.

As has been said several times now, it freaks women the hell out at a subconscious level because it flips the script and gives men power to attract the women they're interested in and chose the best one for themselves. Logically speaking there's no reason women should fault men for doing so as it's exactly what they've been doing for eons. Just goes to show how much this bothers them on a deep rudimentary level.
Interesting analysis.

Old 01-08-2010, 08:18 PM

437 posts, read 675,500 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MsRiss7383 View Post
I think there is a middle ground between putting a woman on a pedestal (we are just regular folks after all) and playing stupid games and acting like a jerk. It's called, just being yourself. The self you are when you are hanging out with your family or relaxing with friends. Just be who you are.
I've said it before and I'll say it again- "if being yourself WORKED, PUA would not EXIST!" Why would we put time, money, and effort into studying something that we don't need?

"Oh just be confident."
How if we are always being rejected.

Seriously, it's like talking to a wall... or a two year old. I just can't decide.

Women think that being yourself works because it works for THEM! If you are a moderately attractive woman, you can get laid like a rock star! Men... well we need to be rock stars! Or be great PUA's.

But women refuse to get it.

Anyway, long day at work so going home. Don't worry, I'll be "sarging" tommorow night!

Hey, stop running away!

Old 05-19-2010, 01:42 PM

3,052 posts, read 4,309,820 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post

There are plenty of young 20's girls (not women) who will hook up with you for the security, money and stable environment an older professional guy offers but it will probably be all about the money.

You might try dating a couple of young 22-23 yo ladies and see how much you have in common. Unless you like a lot of drama I don't think you'll have a lot in common with these young ones. I would think unless you are extremely immature it would be hard to communicate or have much in common.

You might get a trophy wife, but it won't be a 1st place win. JMO.
So many disgusting stereotypes all lumped into one post. I'm a younger woman in my twenties' who dates older men and I'm not vapid or shallow or infantile.

Old 05-19-2010, 02:07 PM

4,483 posts, read 5,336,285 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by galactic_hombre View Post
I spent my 20s working on my career. Then, a long-term relationship failed. Then, I started losing my hair. Before I knew it, I acquired the label older single. Well, the dating pool is abysmal--consisting of an abundance of women with children, etc. The Sex in the City women don't exist in my world. I'd like to know how the older single men are seducing young, hot women in their 20s.
Based on my experiences w/ much younger woman, which I had after the age of 30, these are the observations I've gathered.

Positives:
- less jaded
- easier to impress
- will give you a level of trust/respect by default because you're much older and have lived life
- often in better physical shape due to youth (better metabolism, better facial skin, less physical deterioration due to age, many years of smoking, many years of drinking, long hours at work, etc)

Negatives
- immature
- often VERY insecure
- less experienced in life
- will act "childish," or if not outright childish, will not always be like a reliable adult

Of course, there are women who are in their early 20s who are mature, confident, together, and cosmopolitan; and, there are women in their late 20s, 30s, and beyond who have enough baggage to weigh down several men at once, who are yet to grow up, and who have warped ideas/thoughts/mentalities (entitlement, etc) which is often caused by years of having spineless men in their lives.

In my view, as I'm in my mid-30s and looking for a future lifelong partner, hooking up with a hot young 20something isn't going to make much sense. The attraction, chemistry, and even sexual compatibility may very well be present. But a man is in his 30s and has built his career while the woman is 22 or 23, in her first year in the working world out of college, doesn't know where she's headed professionally, and is still figuring herself out, it may present issues. She may, for example, be thinking of traveling the world, of going back to school, etc. But a man who is 35 - how much time does he have for such self-discovery pursuits? Can she relate to him talking about a pulverized 401k or about mortgage refinancing? In turn, how much patience will he have for her when she talks about b/tchy roommates or the difficulties in adapting from the dorm room to an apartment for which rent is high?

Things to ponder.

Old 07-11-2010, 06:05 PM

1 posts, read 1,112 times
Default Thank you for the inspiration

A few months back you wrote the message below. Thank you so much for telling me the high school reunion story. My ex who is only 6.5 years younger than me didn't invite me to her high school reunion. We weren't married but had lived together for a year before she dumped me right before the reunion. At the time she was 29 and I was 35. Still I ended up taking this dummy back THREE(3) TIMES. All three times she KICKED ME OUT. Now lets face I am a moron and and *******, at the very least a MORON. It has been over five years since I met this winner. We dated and lived together for almost four of those years. And you know why I was with her, I didn't think I could do better. No matter how ****ty she treated me, I took it. Of course I was usually angry and depressed throughout the relationship. Why am I telling you this? who knows? Maybe I am hoping you will give me more advice.
It has been a solid 8 months since she dumped me for the last time(yes that puts the breakup 3 weeks before Christmas and actually DURING thanksgiving, AWESOME!!!!!!!!!) Due to a number of factors, she and her retarded family disgust me. So the good news...THREE TIMES IS A CHARM. Now, I have gone out on two dates with two different chicks* since the dumping. One was a cute petite single mom. I wasn't interested. Another was a drunken 29 year old. Who to her credit is graduating in a year as a pharmacist. Still NOT INTERESTED. The rest of the women I have talked with are all online. Some young some old. The ones I had a remote interest in...well they never met me. In as much I am not 'ready'..I am extremely lonely most days. And horny, I don't even know what that is anymore, I am numb. Numb and dumber is how I feel. So besides changing my attitude a little...I appreciate you telling your story about the chicks with the ten year older dudes, even if they don't have money. I am 38 now, most days I look 28...but some days I FEEL 40!! Thanks.
[email]brokenagain2006@yahoo.com[/email]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thursday007 View Post
The flip side of that is that - as a woman- my best relationships have been those where there was a 10 year age difference where he was 10 years older and not necessarily because of education or money (some quite the opposite) and one even had children himself. So, my personal experience says these theories don't fly.

When I went to my high school reunion I saw this very situation, table after table and they were all balding older gentlemen that didn't necessarily have or come from money, with women 10 years younger - some married, some not. So, you aren't doomed.

Old 07-18-2010, 04:33 AM

3,485 posts, read 7,317,631 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by galactic_hombre View Post
I spent my 20s working on my career. Then, a long-term relationship failed. Then, I started losing my hair. Before I knew it, I acquired the label older single. Well, the dating pool is abysmal--consisting of an abundance of women with children, etc. The Sex in the City women don't exist in my world. I'd like to know how the older single men are seducing young, hot women in their 20s.
It's possible, if you have a great career and financial situation, and if you are very hot. You would need to correct the hair thing, either shave it all off or get some minoxidil. Go for women in their late 20s rather than early 20s if you want a quick path to marriage. Scope out quality dating sites like Eharmony.

If you are not that hot, you can go for a woman who isn't that attractive. If you are well off, you can pay for plastic surgery and liposuction to make her hot (and financially dependent on you). In the meantime, make yourself hot too - maybe get some lipo and face lift.

Basically, date a 4 and make her a 10.

That's just realistic advice if you really want to go for "hot" and "young". Otherwise you should probably re-eval your target population.

Old 07-18-2010, 12:50 PM

5,722 posts, read 5,807,235 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwynedd1 View Post
Hi fleetiebelle,

I'm sorry but that is a myth that women focus on personality more than men. Women worry about money more than men...not personality.

As far as the topic goes I'm not over 35 but I think dating in the 30's really stinks so far. I've went out with a few women recently and it didn't really go anywhere even though I was open to it. It's like women in their late 20's and onward are looking for someone perfect. They go on one date with you...treat it as job interview and if you don't pass all of their tests you don't hear from them again. I think I'm a pretty good catch I have no kids never married, doing at least average financially, normal looking/in shape, open to something long-term leading to marriage...yet women around my age still don't seem to think I'm good enough.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships