Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-06-2010, 08:31 PM

52,322 posts, read 52,784,279 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by california-jewel View Post
Yes my Son found out the hard way, Ca is a community property state. His wife, left him, took the baby and older son with her, found a boyfriend, took up house with him, and she got half, while my son worked his tail off, 2 jobs, he was too good a husband and a very good Father.Can't stand the thought of this ex daughter in law. She is now married to the whatever and he is 30 years her senior. So many states are a community property state. It sucks.
Man, it post like this that make me wanna go all Charles Whitman and look for the nearest tower.....

Charles Whitman - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-07-2010, 04:58 AM

1,125 posts, read 2,194,470 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 43north87west View Post
That would be one hell of a stupid prenuptial agreement.

If I brought home that kind of money, there is no way in hell I'd ever share it with anyone. At that level, NOBODY loves you, as much as they love your money. I'm quite sure that she was aware of the risks when she took the ring.

To answer the question, no. She should--and will--get quite a bit. Enough to live happily ever after.

But half? Nah.
That's my feeling on the matter as well. I have a young teenage cousin who will most likely start a career as a professional footballer [if things go to plan for him], and his parents are already, slowly but firmly, installing that mentality into him and teaching him to avoid most women, cos with the amount of money he'll eventually be making NOBODY will love him as much as they love his money. I can't blame them. In fact, more parents should teach their sons who are making it big, to be very careful about the dangerous women out there - I know I will. No offence or anything, but that's the truth. Too many naive men out there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by california-jewel View Post
Yes my Son found out the hard way, Ca is a community property state. His wife, left him, took the baby and older son with her, found a boyfriend, took up house with him, and she got half, while my son worked his tail off, 2 jobs, he was too good a husband and a very good Father.Can't stand the thought of this ex daughter in law. She is now married to the whatever and he is 30 years her senior. So many states are a community property state. It sucks.
That is really sad tbh.

Old 01-07-2010, 03:00 PM

1,863 posts, read 4,302,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ticatica View Post
That's not Christian, that's just vengeful.
I think it is more of a scare tactic than anything else. Ultimately they want to keep people married as apart of their religious agenda. IMO they know that money is a huge part of people staying married or divorcing. Threatening financial hardship is a great way to keep people in line.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships