Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-27-2007, 08:57 PM

110 posts, read 588,634 times

Advertisements

I don't know why so many of you have issues with sex. What's the ethical or "moral" difference between having sex with someone you know more than a person you don't know very well? It seems that society has created self-infested hang-ups for a totally natural thing.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-27-2007, 09:04 PM

110 posts, read 588,634 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lisa_from_Debary View Post
I prefer a man who lets me be the agressor when I am comfortable that it go that far.
So you're saying it's not okay for the guy to be the agressor, but it's perfectly okay for you to be the agressor!?!
If you met a guy with the same opinions that you have, they would probably feel like getting a "cold shower" when they see you do that.

Old 05-27-2007, 11:51 PM

2,267 posts, read 3,298,887 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by breakaway View Post
So you're saying it's not okay for the guy to be the agressor, but it's perfectly okay for you to be the agressor!?!
If you met a guy with the same opinions that you have, they would probably feel like getting a "cold shower" when they see you do that.
You sound offended...any particular reason why??

I didn't attach morals or ethics to a situation where two consenting adults decide to have sex...thats in your imagination...you seem a little overly defensive...

Old 05-27-2007, 11:59 PM

11 posts, read 56,263 times
Well looks like I'm the shallow one here. The shortest time for me was the time it took to drink a small cup of coffee and we both drank fast.

Lucky the passion lasted a lot longer than the coffee. I met her Friday evening and she went home Sunday

Old 05-28-2007, 12:25 AM

3,020 posts, read 25,734,779 times
Default Well tell us exactly how this works.......

Quote:
I wouldn't assume a guy didn't like me if he had gone out with me 5-6 times and only kissed me, that would be very nice. Once a guy gets pushy, I don't feel like I can be with them...that kind of pushy comes across like they think of sex like a bodily function that they JUST have to get done and I just happen to be in the way...thats like a cold shower...bye bye.

I like a man who holds hands...puts his arm around you in a theatre...whispers in your ear sweetly...asks if he can kiss you before he does...I prefer a man who lets me be the agressor when I am comfortable that it go that far.

Unfortunately it so often ends up being like a drive by shooting...
Ok, I imagine I am trying to do this. If I follow the instructions it is:
  • Hold hands for a while
  • Put arm around
  • Ask for the kiss
  • H,mmmm now it gets vague
What do you do from that point on? How do I know what is coming next?? Do you use a Judo toss to get him down? Exactly how does this guy know to cooperate??? Should we say please be gentle and whimper a bit as you rip stuff off? Do you like us to try to stop you???

I've only had one lady ever try to do the driving. She just was not very good at it and frankly I was also a bit confused there. What is so great about your technique??? The truth is with all the griping about men, women just do not do the power take down all that well.

It sure would be interesting if they had first class methods. Men could just sit with our knees clinched until we felt ready. Actually I think we might get to like that method. Make her beg a bit. Have you ever had to beg??

Old 05-28-2007, 12:28 AM

15,603 posts, read 39,832,856 times
Cosmic your killin me!

And yes...I've had to beg. Thats why I have wrinkles. From going "Pleeeeeease"!

Old 05-28-2007, 04:12 AM

6,351 posts, read 21,537,231 times
Here's a "war story" from about eight years ago. Back then I drove "long haul" and spent weeks at a time in a sleeper truck. I was (and still am) married but my wife was on an overseas teaching assignment. We saw each other several times a year. It wasn't easy, but it worked for us.

Anyway, I had delivered a load in Memphis on a Friday. I wasn't going to reload until the following Monday. So I staked out a parking spot in a small truck stop there. As I awoke Saturday morning, the rather attractive female driver of the truck next to me asked me if I had jumper cables. I told her "No" but offered to drop my trailer and take her to get some. Since her load didn't deliver until later that evening, the trip to get jumper cables turned in to a nice day of breakfast and just wandering around in a park and a book store. Nothing more than two platonic friends would do. She was single and I told her that I was very happily married.

Back at the truck stop, we got her truck started and talked some more sitting in her truck. She asked me if I'd be interested in "hooking up". She explained that she'd been divorced and her husband had cheated on her. She continued to say that she believed that sex was for many different things besides affection; i.e. it's a normal human need, it's great for relieving stress, etc. While I wouldn't have even considered getting together with her since I have never and would never be unfaithful to my wife, I did feel her points had merit.

Given proper precautions and using a little "situational awareness", I think she made some valid points. Had I been single, I might've taken her up on her offer because I do believe that physical pleasure is to be enjoyed (as long as some common sense is applied). But I also believe that having a serious relationship should be at the exclusion of all others. (So events like the one described shouldn't apply if you're already committed to someone else...)

Comments?

Old 07-10-2009, 08:55 PM

1,396 posts, read 3,443,230 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pirate girl View Post
I think the buildup to intimacy is as good as the act in many cases. No need to rush- people need to savor the feelings. If it's meant to be, you should have plenty of time for everything else.
I agree!

TT!

Old 07-10-2009, 10:42 PM

10,834 posts, read 14,938,291 times
Quote:
So what do you guys think?
I believe in moral values, integrity and a God in heaven but let's leave that all behind us for the time being.

The world we live in have people confused as to what intimacy really is. I use the term intimacy and immediately most jump to a minds eye view of two people, in bed, having sex.

But jumping into bed is not intimacy any two idiots can do it. Not knocking sex you understand, I like it a lot, but all to often people become confused about what intimacy really is all about.

Apparently I am one of the few lucky ones in life because I married my sweetheart 35 years ago and oh are we intimate! She knows what I am thinking, it is a little harder for me to read her with me being a man and all, before I say a word. She knows what I will think of a situation before I hear about it.

A few weeks ago we were attending church when I took a good look at her. She's obviously older now, has some gray hair and her hands are just now starting to be gnarled with arthritis. As always she sensed I was looking at her and she asked why probably thinking she lost an earring or maybe the color of her blouse didn't match.

It was non of those things, I was looking at her marveling how lucky I was to have found someone that would tolerate me for all his time. We've had children that are all grown with families of their own, we've celebrated victories together as we have consoled each other in defeats life sometimes hands you. We're both getting older, down to our last 25% of life, and I am OK with this because we're traveling this journey together. No doubt we are with each other to the end whenever that will be.

For 35 years she's taken care of the house, cleaned, done my laundry, had my children, cooked my meals, taken care of me when I was sick and has really dedicated an entire lifetime to making me happy. I require 7 hours of sleep while she requires 9 but we've always gone to bed together at the same time. I love the feeling of the calf of her leg laying across mine just knowing she is there. She even puts up with me controlling the remote and my channel surfing habits.

Now to gross some out, sex still happens but not with the regularity it did when I was a young stud-a-muffin. Yep, I was a real man machine capable of getting it on two, three, four and even five times a day (let me pound my chest in a fearsome display of maleness) but those days are gone replaced with a greater understanding of what intimacy is.

Don't get me wrong, sex is still important it is one of the cements that hold a relationship together but sex should never be considered "the relationship" or even the largest part of the relationship. I have grown to understand if sex is the most important aspect of your relationship then the relationship is doomed to failure.

And sex to early lessens your chance at achieving real intimacy. Amazing to me a couple can have sex before discussing what church their children will attend if they attend one at all.

Having sex on the first date means you probably don't even know what her mothers maiden name was so how can having sex be considered as being intimate? It ain't being intimate it's just having sex.

About dating.

Dating is not a game to be played by children.

Dating is the ritual setting for you to select a mate you will have children by and, hopefully, spend the rest of your life with.

Dating should not continue once you have established the person you are dating isn't for you in a lifetime way. Time is the most precious thing you have and why would you want to waste it?

First kiss when you feel the relationship might go somewhere beyond the bedroom.

Old 07-10-2009, 10:51 PM

1,828 posts, read 3,790,905 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scanner001 View Post
Well looks like I'm the shallow one here. The shortest time for me was the time it took to drink a small cup of coffee and we both drank fast.

Lucky the passion lasted a lot longer than the coffee. I met her Friday evening and she went home Sunday
I have had sex with a woman a couple of times within a few hours of meeting her... I am not proud of it, but am not ashamed either.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships