Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-11-2010, 09:47 PM
Ep-

2,080 posts, read 4,168,843 times

Advertisements

While you two are pretending to be busy and not picking up the phone enjoy not going out on any dates with each other!

you'll both look super cool in each others eyes even if you never talk again
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

7,454 posts, read 13,422,144 times
How many "females" do you meet? the scary thing is every one ends badly or lamely.....hide your daughters and grand-daughters people

3,284 posts, read 3,523,555 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SmerkyGrl View Post
I don't think you're childish.
lol, at least that's settled.

Last edited by mrstewart; 01-12-2010 at 09:19 PM..

Old 01-11-2010, 09:48 PM

5,879 posts, read 9,247,826 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TVandSportsGuy View Post
I met this new female online and we chatted on email for a while and then we exchanged numbers. So when she left her number she said-"feel free to call"

So when I call and introduce myself she says-"Is it ok if I give you a call back I'm on the phone?

I said-"SURE!!

When she called back of course I didn't answer because why do I want to give off the vibe that I have no life or no other options and was just sitting here waiting for her to call me back. I know some of you may disagree that it's childish games but I'm not going to be TOO AVAILABLE anymore when it comes to getting to know someone. She had her shot to talk to me tonight and didn't take advantage of it and now will have to talk to me another time.

That is the new me in this new year.

And ladies please don' t act like you wouldn't have ignored the call if a guy said the same thing when you called for the first time.
Your odds are probably much greater than old Rugged's? I won't miss any calls for a woman trying to call me. IMO, It was slightly rude for her to blow you off though.

Old 01-11-2010, 09:49 PM
FBJ FBJ started this thread

39,605 posts, read 58,992,680 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ep- View Post
While you two are pretending to be busy and not picking up the phone enjoy not going out on any dates with each other!

you'll both look super cool in each others eyes even if you never talk again

I will shoot her email tomorrow and say I fell asleep.

Old 01-11-2010, 09:50 PM

9,367 posts, read 25,203,960 times
I thought this was a revived thread.

It's a great idea- didn't you do the same thing when you were seeking a job? Let the calls go to VM?

Just to get this straight.......so you did not answer her call BC you wanted her to think that you are busy. BUT, you are going to call her tomorrow and tell her that you fell asleep?

I think you just make excuses to mask heavy anxiety issues.

Old 01-11-2010, 09:50 PM
Ep-

2,080 posts, read 4,168,843 times
Quote:
tell her you were skydiving through rings of fire instead she will think you are more awesome then some dude falling asleep

Old 01-11-2010, 09:52 PM

13,784 posts, read 26,244,003 times
Quote:
She is going to think you passed out drunk instead of falling asleep since you are going to say you slept through the rings...self sabotage, I tell you, self sabotage.

Old 01-11-2010, 09:52 PM
FBJ FBJ started this thread

39,605 posts, read 58,992,680 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2RUGGED4YOU View Post
Your odds are probably much greater than old Rugged's? I won't miss any calls for a woman trying to call me. IMO, It was slightly rude for her to blow you off though.

And if she knew she was unavailable why did she answer the phone? Yes it was rude but It's cool. 2010 is going to be a fun year

Old 01-11-2010, 09:53 PM

525 posts, read 947,881 times
Quote:
I met this new female online and we chatted on email for a while and then we exchanged numbers. So when she left her number she said-"feel free to call"
So when I call and introduce myself she says-"Is it ok if I give you a call back I'm on the phone?
I said-"SURE!!
When she called back of course I didn't answer because why do I want to give off the vibe that I have no life or no other options and was just sitting here waiting for her to call me back. I know some of you may
And ladies please don' t act like you wouldn't have ignored the call if a guy said the same thing when you called for the first time.

Dude, you were obviously available. and-- dude, she called back!?

I know what you mean by not allowing yourself to be walked on... or being 'too available' ..

but then maybe she (or you) saw that movie "The Ugly Truth"
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships