Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-28-2018, 11:27 PM

7,019 posts, read 3,752,899 times

Advertisements

I ran into a old coworker on FB and we been chatting for a few weeks. She asked did I have a girlfriend and I told her no and just not looking for anything serious right now. So we had dinner the other night and she asked if I felt like having company and thought that wouldn't be a good idea since he wants to date me. I just want a lady friend for now to do things outdoors with no at my place which would a no pressure without sex. So this would not be a FWB just two adults hanging out on the weekends and having fun like traveling, dinner, or whatever.

Is that possible for a woman to do even if it's no sex involved?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-28-2018, 11:40 PM

49,927 posts, read 59,966,647 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneymkt View Post
I ran into a old coworker on FB and we been chatting for a few weeks. She asked did I have a girlfriend and I told her no and just not looking for anything serious right now. So we had dinner the other night and she asked if I felt like having company and thought that wouldn't be a good idea since he wants to date me. I just want a lady friend for now to do things outdoors with no at my place which would a no pressure without sex. So this would not be a FWB just two adults hanging out on the weekends and having fun like traveling, dinner, or whatever.

You mean ... a friend?

If one of you has feelings for the other, no, it’s not possible.

Old 10-28-2018, 11:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BirdieBelle View Post
You mean ... a friend?

If one of you has feelings for the other, no, it’s not possible.

Just not sure why she can't date someone else and just keep me platonic.

Old 10-28-2018, 11:55 PM

61,736 posts, read 87,172,581 times
Quote:
Nah. It doesn't work that way.

Old 10-29-2018, 12:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elnina View Post
Nah. It doesn't work that way.
I figured that would only be the case if I had her stay over not having brunch or dinner in public. So it looks like I should cut off all communication since she has feelings.

Old 10-29-2018, 12:21 AM

15,013 posts, read 21,658,991 times
Quote:

"Just not looking for anything serious right now" it up for interpretation. She may think you WANT a FWB and that is why you said this.

Old 10-29-2018, 12:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by srjth View Post
"Just not looking for anything serious right now" it up for interpretation. She may think you WANT a FWB and that is why you said this.
Not if I didn't invite her in my apt after dinner.

Old 10-29-2018, 12:32 AM

15,013 posts, read 21,658,991 times
Quote:
Not if I didn't invite her in my apt after dinner.

You're right. I'm just pointing out that these phrases like "nothing serious" or "just friends", coming from a man, mean different things to different people. She may think you want FWB based on your phrase but she will eventually learn what you really mean by your actions.

If you really want to make it clear to her, use the word "platonic" with her.

Old 10-29-2018, 12:42 AM

61,736 posts, read 87,172,581 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by srjth View Post
You're right. I'm just pointing out that these phrases like "nothing serious" or "just friends", coming from a man, mean different things to different people. She may think you want FWB based on your phrase but she will eventually learn what you really mean by your actions.

If you really want to make it clear to her, use the word "platonic" with her.
Yeah, but since she is interested, it wouldn't work for her, just sent her wrong messages, and she would hope that things might change.
In this situation is better to stay away from her.

Old 10-29-2018, 01:02 AM

23,311 posts, read 18,865,187 times
Quote:
Unfortunately, you don't control another person's feelings.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships