Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-20-2010, 04:35 AM
miu

17,772 posts, read 40,237,645 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naomi Manischewitz View Post
I made cupcakes and want to give him one, but I don't know if it's kinda odd.
Naw. Any date is a good date for giving him a cupcake. So giving a cupcake on the first date would be fine with me. But only fine if they are great cupcakes!!!

Why not show off your baking or cooking talents to him? After all, just as he is wooing you, you are also trying to impress him.

I anything, I'd give him a couple of cupcakes. Just one seems stingy or makes it a bigger deal than it is. And don't put anything lovey-dovey on the cupcake(s) like heart shaped decorations.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-20-2010, 07:03 AM

2,381 posts, read 4,598,600 times
Quote:
I left him a comment on Facebook saying when are we going to see Avatar and that I made cupcakes and have one for him.

He deleted it along with other comments that FEMALES left him.

Seriously. I know what he is trying to do.

I just lost interest. On our date he was saying how he will take me to dinner and to see it, and that on a Monday we will go to Disneyland.

I don't mind him seeing other people since we just went out once, but it looks really fishy when someone will delete comments only left by females.

The cupcake is in my belly now.
Ok, posting about the cupcake on his Facebook is definitely not something I would have recommended. If you had been dating the guy for awhile and had an established relationship with him - maybe. But not after one date. It's just a little over the top and honestly, I don't blame him for deleting the comment.

Old 01-20-2010, 08:04 AM

7,796 posts, read 16,423,035 times
Quote:
I left him a comment on Facebook saying when are we going to see Avatar and that I made cupcakes and have one for him.

I just lost interest. On our date he was saying how he will take me to dinner and to see it, and that on a Monday we will go to Disneyland.

I don't mind him seeing other people since we just went out once, but it looks really fishy when someone will delete comments only left by females.

Personally, I wouldn't post ANY comments on his facebook page. If you want to know when you two are going to see Avatar, discuss it when he calls you or you call him. No need for HIS and YOUR social network of friends to know all of your plans and details.

May I ask how old you two are?

Old 01-20-2010, 08:07 AM

5,143 posts, read 5,419,620 times
I guess 23.

Old 01-20-2010, 08:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheImportersWife View Post

May I ask how old you two are?
25, according to her profile.

Old 01-20-2010, 09:27 AM

26,142 posts, read 31,232,135 times
One cupcake seems rather odd to me. A couple cupcakes and take out coffee for the both of you would seem a little more normal, like dessert. But one? Odd.

Old 01-20-2010, 11:36 AM

2,652 posts, read 4,805,799 times
Quote:

What are you 16! Why should everyone know what's going on with you and him? You were trying to mark your territory with this guy. Is this guy the only male you communicate with? "But, it looks fishy ..." You do mind him talking to other women. And, you want to know what level are the chats. That's why you went out of your way with the baked goods. 2 dates and he's a bad guy. Another case of us getting in our own way!

Old 01-20-2010, 11:41 AM

2,224 posts, read 3,620,462 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Childfree35 View Post
What are you 16! Why should everyone know what's going on with you and him? You were trying to mark your territory with this guy. Is this guy the only male you communicate with? "But, it looks fishy ..." You do mind him talking to other women. And, you want to know what level are the chats. That's why you went out of your way with the baked goods. 2 dates and he's a bad guy. Another case of us getting in our own way!

CHA CHING! Damn good post!

Like a dog peeing on trees.

Old 01-20-2010, 01:31 PM

2,179 posts, read 4,996,751 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Childfree35 View Post
Most people in my age group communicate regularly on Facebook Walls. I can't even remember the last time I emailed a friend.

Old 01-20-2010, 01:34 PM

Quote:
Most people in my age group communicate regularly on Facebook Walls. I can't even remember the last time I emailed a friend.
So if you started dating someone, rather than emailing, calling or texting you would post to their wall and say "thanks for the great sex last night, baby."

Seriously, there are some things that really don't need to be 'put out there' regardless of what most people do.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships