Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-23-2010, 11:45 AM

61,888 posts, read 87,406,262 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by zz4guy View Post
There's a lot of good men out there. But all men ever hear is how women are attracted to thugs and badboys.

Because is somehow true: just look at your friends relationships - Real good guys tend to have a bitchy women, and good women get a guys who don't care about them. No???
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-23-2010, 11:56 AM

28,895 posts, read 54,215,804 times
Quote:
There's a lot of good men out there. But all men ever hear is how women are attracted to thugs and badboys.
Well, depends.

Lots of self-described "nice" and "good" men are really just plain dull.

Nice ≠ Uninteresting

Old 01-23-2010, 11:59 AM

8,515 posts, read 16,199,841 times
Quote:
DO NOT BELIEVE THAT.

It's not so much that they are attracted to thugs and badboys-AKA-jerks.

Badboys and thugs have very strong male qualities that women are attracted, such as very high confidence.

That's what they are attracted to. It's not the thug or badboy aspect of them. It's certain qualities that they exude.

You do not have to be a thug or badboy to exude those qualities.

Old 01-23-2010, 12:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elnina View Post
Because is somehow true: just look at your friends relationships - Real good guys tend to have a bitchy women, and good women get a guys who don't care about them. No???
No, not true at all.

Old 01-23-2010, 12:06 PM

1,125 posts, read 2,194,641 times
If a woman rants and raves about there being "no good men left", then the chances are that she is a good for nothing worthless woman herself. I don't give those type of women a second look, cos they aren't worth it at all.

Old 01-23-2010, 12:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dorrans View Post
If a woman rants and raves about there being "no good men left", then the chances are that she is a good for nothing worthless woman herself. I don't give those type of women a second look, cos they aren't worth it at all.
Dorrans,

I sort of agree with you. It's really amazing to hear guys and gals say that.

I meet really good folks daily in my life. I'm talking high quality single people.

There are millions of people on the planet, how can "all of the good one's" be taken? Not possible.

Ron

Old 01-23-2010, 12:11 PM

6,764 posts, read 22,088,901 times
Yeah, and make sure you go Dutch on the date. You don't want to waste a few dollars on a guy, do you?

Old 01-23-2010, 12:39 PM

3,424 posts, read 5,981,993 times
Well, I dont know if I'd be barking at ladies to go approach men like this..lol..

But I do agree that they should feel comfortable doing so...because lets not forget that those "good man" we speak so freely about DO like a woman with confidence in herself as well.

The confidence thing is a two way street...no need to bloviate about the lack of confidence in men if you dont have enough confidence to go for what you want either.

You are what you attract.

Old 01-23-2010, 01:16 PM

2,163 posts, read 4,344,430 times
I'd love to go look for one, but before I do that I have to figure out a few things.

A fair share (about 25%) of guys I've dated have turned out to be extremely emotionally abusive and controlling. It seems to me that a larger percentage of these kinds of guys would still be single, rather than married, so that means I need better "radar" to spot these jerks before going out with them in the first place.

The sweetest, nicest guys I've dated have almost all had a serious lack of interest in sex for some reason. Sex was never really discussed at the beginning of the relationship, it was only when we actually got around to "doing it" that I realized we were incompatible. It would be nice to be able to tell whether a guy has a healthy libido before wasting time on a few months of dating.

Guys who seem to be "my type" generally don't like to be "chased" or "pursued". They want to be the ones doing the asking out, and making all the moves.

Right now I'm trying to get over the apparent loss of a friendship with a guy who I think is actually the "emotionally abusive" type I mentioned. After a three year relationship/friendship I'm dealing with the "silent treatment" which someone discussed in another thread. I don't think there's a valid reason for his sudden disappearance from my life, but I tend to blame myself anyway. I can't go out and be emotionally available for a new relationship if I'm trying to heal from a previous one, even if it was "just" a friendship and not a romantic relationship. The realization that he may be emotionally abusive doesn't seem to help get over this any faster.

I can't keep putting myself in situations that end up hurting me so bad.

So for now, I'll just wait to go "looking"

Old 01-23-2010, 01:20 PM

3,261 posts, read 5,309,785 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snort View Post
A good man is hard to find.
I disagree. Good is subjective. The guy you may have passed up for not being good enough may settle with the next girl he meets, who thinks he's not only good but great.

I think the better question is - why do men and women have these sometimes unrealistic checklists on what's good for them? Not only have you completely narrowed your playing field, but how do you know if what's good for you today will be good for you 10 or 20 years from now?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships