Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-23-2010, 10:49 AM

3,425 posts, read 6,306,909 times

Advertisements

Sorry about being insensitive but I lately I have come across a few broads who expect a man like me, 32, single, no children to basically put a hold on his personal life and be a Dad to their children while Dad is nowhere to be found.

Why in the HELL would anybody sign up for something like this? I guess, unless you are desperate or have no self respect, I don't see a logical reason to do this.

I met a girl a few weeks ago and after I came to her house for the first time, she was all like "Well, we have to make a decision now, can you handle me and my son?" I was like, honey, I barely know you, and how the **** do you expect me to make a decision?

Some crazy women out there!

Old 01-23-2010, 10:52 AM

45,218 posts, read 100,681,934 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Repubocrat View Post
Sorry about being insensitive but I lately I have come across a few broads who expect a man like me, 32, single, no children to basically put a hold on his personal life and be a Dad to their children while Dad is nowhere to be found.

Why in the HELL would anybody sign up for something like this? I guess, unless you are desperate or have no self respect, I don't see a logical reason to do this.

I met a girl a few weeks ago and after I came to her house for the first time, she was all like "Well, we have to make a decision now, can you handle me and my son?" I was like, honey, I barely know you, and how the **** do you expect me to make a decision?

We all get that you hate kids and would rather have your skin peeled and be boiled in oil over having any . But try to see things from another persons perspective sometimes, okay?

If you asked a young woman out who happened to be a mom, what is she SUPPOSED to do but tell you about her child AND make sure you understand she is a package deal?

She did the right thing by saying that to you, FOR HERSELF AND HER CHILD.
You did the right thing for YOURSELF by walking away - neither of you is right or wrong, it just is what it is. Grow up.

Old 01-23-2010, 10:57 AM

12,974 posts, read 33,945,093 times
Quote:

Glad you avoided that nightmare dude. It would be less of a nightmare if:

...she had joint custody and kid was only with her 3 days of the week.
...the kid was from her marriage so the dad is still in the picture.
...she had joint custody, kid is only with her 3 days per week and she's HOT HOT HOT and the sex it great.

This isnt a thread bashing single women (although single women might think so). Its just a thread about how its best to avoid dating women with kids who expect you to all of a sudden take care of the kid or spend money on the kid. Or worse yet, she has the kid on supposed date nights so fun dates are usually not possible.

Old 01-23-2010, 10:58 AM

732 posts, read 1,045,234 times
I agree. I'm a man and been there, done that. I have no desire to put up with someone else's baggage. BTW, most women aren't delighted about having to deal with men's kids either. They usually run for the hills if they meet a guy who has custody of his kids.

Old 01-23-2010, 11:08 AM

8,064 posts, read 18,004,464 times
As a single mum whose son is now an adult and on his own, I happen to AGREE with you, OP. And I wish more women would wake up, too.

I NEVER went out there looking for some bloke to be a parent to my child. That was MY responsibility and one I took very seriously. I dated, sure, but my dates didn't meet my son. Only a few did in the course of all of those years that my son was a minor, and that was because our relationship has progressed so much over time that a LTR was in the offing and they WANTED to spend some time with him. But my son was my priority, and I did NOT have any live-in relationships.

Women who put their needs and desires over their kids' stability and who are actively looking for a "daddy" for their kids are making a big mistake, IMO. It's not fair to the men. There are VERY few men who can and WANT to step into a stepparent's role and forcing the issue leads to heartache. I figured there would be plenty of time after my son was grown to meet a partner for myself.

Old 01-23-2010, 11:13 AM

930 posts, read 2,422,640 times
Okay, get a clue here. Why did she say "we have to make a decision now...can you handle me and my son" ???

Because 1) she is hot. After all, that is why you were at her house. and 2) because other guys thought she was hot too and they just wanted to bang her a few times and move on.

Is this a new concept for you?

She was tired of getting banged and then guy moves on cuz he doesn't want to be daddy, so she is being up front about it from now on.

By the time you are 32, the vast majority of hot single women will have been married and popped out a kid or two. You can accept that and play daddy, or you can go bang fugly.

Personally, I think you should bang fugly and leave the hot single mom for a responsible hot single dad. And she needs to raise her standards and quit messing around with guys who have no kids.

Old 01-23-2010, 11:16 AM

28,895 posts, read 54,134,340 times
Did you really use the term, "Broads" to describe women? Who are you? Mickey Spillane?

Old 01-23-2010, 11:20 AM

6,777 posts, read 13,547,001 times
Quote:
I was like, honey, I barely know you, and how the **** do you expect me to make a decision?
Yeah, how dare she expect you to make decision.

Old 01-23-2010, 11:23 AM

8,064 posts, read 18,004,464 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beena View Post
Okay, get a clue here. Why did she say "we have to make a decision now...can you handle me and my son" ???

Because 1) she is hot. After all, that is why you were at her house. and 2) because other guys thought she was hot too and they just wanted to bang her a few times and move on.

Is this a new concept for you?

She was tired of getting banged and then guy moves on cuz he doesn't want to be daddy, so she is being up front about it from now on.

By the time you are 32, the vast majority of hot single women will have been married and popped out a kid or two. You can accept that and play daddy, or you can go bang fugly.

Personally, I think you should bang fugly and leave the hot single mom for a responsible hot single dad. And she needs to raise her standards and quit messing around with guys who have no kids.
I have to disagree with you. No QUALITY woman is going to bring men home and put HERSELF in the position where men would "bang her a few times and move on." And no QUALITY woman is going to inquire about "daddy potential" after just a few dates.

Single parents MUST put their kids first; sorry if that puts a crimp in their love lives but those kids didn't ask to be born.

Old 01-23-2010, 11:26 AM

2,652 posts, read 4,796,165 times
I'm a woman and I agree with him. I have several single mom friends. They may mention having a child/children, but not the big family speech. They don't bring men home. Most men don't invite women to meet their children. He wouldn't want his kid to see every women he's dating. But, women on the other hand -- your child will meet everyone. Chill out, ladies. Meet him at the door. If, it's not serious it's not a reason for him to meet your child.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships