Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-25-2007, 10:14 AM

335 posts, read 1,209,171 times

Advertisements

I am scared of having knives down in my "region", and birth control is becomong necessary as the mini-van is now completly full of youngins!!!!. My wife does not want to take the pill due to health concerns, and being the bullhead that I am I dont want to use a condominium!! iud is not likely either. My wife does the temperture chart but with little success as we have had 5 sons in 10 years with her "ryhthm method" I told her she should reread the book!! any old wives cures for birth control that do not involve abstinence as my wife, after 5 kids, is even hotter than when we met. Any help would be appreciated
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-25-2007, 10:19 AM

6,565 posts, read 14,300,508 times
Yeah, I'm pretty squeamish thinking about that, though I hear it's nothing....

Maybe change your handle to "No berries" ???

Sorry, couldn't resist.

Old 09-25-2007, 10:19 AM

Location: Boonies of Georgia ~~~~ nuttier than a squirrel turd !
1,950 posts, read 5,161,085 times
I am trying to convince my husband of the same thing !
Although we only have 1 child ,who is turning 18 in Oct., I do not want to start over !
I believe it is a much simpler proceedure for the man than the woman.
We have never used "birth control" (need to find some wood to knock on !)......

Old 09-25-2007, 10:22 AM

In all fairness........ she has had 5 kids, you Can do one snip!

Old 09-25-2007, 10:47 AM

16 posts, read 61,107 times
Its really not that bad. I had it done about 2 years ago (I was 35) and the anticipation was much worse than the actual procedure. Here is how it went:

Take 2 valium the morning of the procedure (and possibly get that 1 last hoorah, as it will be few days before you feel up to performing )

You will go in and get a shot that completely numbs the area (watching this was the worst part for me)

Then he will go to work, you will be completely awake and can watch if you'd like. I watched the 1st 1/2 of the procedure, got bored and pulled out my daughter's gameboy. Thats how uneventful it was for me.

Then he will wrap you up and you go. Whole procedure took less than 2 hrs and then I walked out (although very slowly)

A bag of frozen peas will be your BEST FRIEND for the next 3-5 days

Dr said I would be out of commission for about 2 weeks, but I was back in the saddle after about 5 days, and wanted to go sooner.

It will be at least 3 months before you are empty so be careful in the meantime.

The only side effect: The 1st winter after I had the procedure there was aching in that region, nothing very painful, more annoying than anything.

So man up, our wives go through hell with child birth, this was the least I could do and man, things are much better when you don't have to worry about contraception.

Hope this helps and good luck...........

Ken

Old 09-25-2007, 10:58 AM

2,222 posts, read 10,651,901 times
Sorry, no sympathy from me my friend. Go to the Parenting Forum and read the thread, "Ladies, what does childbirth feel like?"

Snip, snip.

Old 09-25-2007, 11:04 AM

12,669 posts, read 20,453,101 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VAFury View Post

Sorry, couldn't resist.

Old 09-25-2007, 11:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by VAFury View Post

Sorry, couldn't resist.
SEEDLESS BERRIES !!!!!

Old 09-25-2007, 11:08 AM

2,011 posts, read 3,879,974 times
I had the dreaded "snip" done 18 years ago and all I can say is DO IT!!!!! I followed the Dr.s directions as far as putting ice in it and no activity for 48 hours. I had no swelling, pain and only a little bruising. One of the best things I ever did!

Old 09-25-2007, 11:11 AM

12,669 posts, read 20,453,101 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beth56 View Post
Sorry, no sympathy from me my friend. Go to the Parenting Forum and read the thread, "Ladies, what does childbirth feel like?"

Snip, snip.
No Kidding.
My second to late for meds Oh the joy of natural childbirth....
Yahoo!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships