Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-28-2010, 10:20 AM

47 posts, read 80,254 times

Advertisements

In March of last year I met this guy.. His name was Juan. He was really nice and made me feel different. There was just a small problem.. Well he had a girlfriend. So he's not precisely my ex. I just didn't know how else to put it.. lol

At the time him and her were not serious at all. I started liking him and would spend more time with him. I really enjoyed being by his side and I let him know. He told me he liked me and that he never talked to a girl the way he did with me but that he was going to try and make it work with her.

Long story short.. The drama began. I tried to stop talking to him but i just simply could not. I seen this guy cry for me and I'm sure he did feel something for me but he wasn't willing to stand up for it. So one day he finally told me to leave him alone and I sure did.

During all of this. I started getting really close to one of his best friends. This was like around May. This guys name is Jose. He became my best friend. I would tell him everything and he would always be by my side. I talked to him everyday and one day realized that i liked him. It was very hard on me. I mean it was just something so unexpected and that wasn't supposed to happen and that i didn't want to happen but I couldn't do anything about it. For about 3 months I never told him how i felt. Simply because i didn't want to ruin our friendship because i don't know what i would do without this guy by my side.

On 01/02/2010.. we kissed and on 1/02 he asked me to be his girlfriend. I completely adore this guy. He means everything to me and we are really trying to make this work. I know his friends probably talk bad about him.. since i was messing around with one of them.

I mean even i feel kind of weird at times but i can't go back in time and change anything.

It makes me feel bad.. and I don't know how to deal with it.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-28-2010, 10:26 AM

1,858 posts, read 3,550,218 times
uuuh yah!

Old 01-28-2010, 10:33 AM

96 posts, read 270,234 times
maria jose and juan
where's pepe?

Old 01-28-2010, 11:19 AM

8,515 posts, read 16,182,116 times
Wrong, I'm not sure about wrong but it shows lack of class that's for sure.

There are limits to everything.

You must very very young....I'd say early 20's?

Old 01-28-2010, 11:38 AM

74 posts, read 129,266 times
I don't really think you should feel wrong. You were not in a relationship with the other guy, he was already taken and just keeping his options open. He walked away for whatever reason and his friend happened to see that there was something there. Guys talk, Im sure he confronted him about it at some point and if you guys stayed friends for that long without any sort of affection than he seems to be someone to hold on to. Good luck, dont dwell on someone from your past, just go with it, have fun and enjoy your time together!!

Old 01-28-2010, 12:10 PM

4,116 posts, read 3,146,440 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maria19 View Post
In March of last year I met this guy.. His name was Juan. He was really nice and made me feel different. There was just a small problem.. Well he had a girlfriend. So he's not precisely my ex. I just didn't know how else to put it.. lol

At the time him and her were not serious at all. I started liking him and would spend more time with him. I really enjoyed being by his side and I let him know. He told me he liked me and that he never talked to a girl the way he did with me but that he was going to try and make it work with her.

Long story short.. The drama began. I tried to stop talking to him but i just simply could not. I seen this guy cry for me and I'm sure he did feel something for me but he wasn't willing to stand up for it. So one day he finally told me to leave him alone and I sure did.

During all of this. I started getting really close to one of his best friends. This was like around May. This guys name is Jose. He became my best friend. I would tell him everything and he would always be by my side. I talked to him everyday and one day realized that i liked him. It was very hard on me. I mean it was just something so unexpected and that wasn't supposed to happen and that i didn't want to happen but I couldn't do anything about it. For about 3 months I never told him how i felt. Simply because i didn't want to ruin our friendship because i don't know what i would do without this guy by my side.

On 01/02/2010.. we kissed and on 1/02 he asked me to be his girlfriend. I completely adore this guy. He means everything to me and we are really trying to make this work. I know his friends probably talk bad about him.. since i was messing around with one of them.

I mean even i feel kind of weird at times but i can't go back in time and change anything.

You feel quilty and bad because the othe dude was or is his buddy but listen that other jerk had or still has a litttle girlfriend and was cheating on her with you. He would of done the same to you probably and why want another girl's sloppy seconds anyways I am glad you are with someone else even if it's his friend or not... Who cares the other one was a jerk like I said before he was playing both of you then when he couldn't handle it anymore got out of the kitchen.

Enjoy your life now with the current boyfriend he was there when you were hurting over the other one so he is the one for you right now not the other little player. Get it. Good

Old 01-28-2010, 12:14 PM

6,565 posts, read 14,293,678 times
I don't know whether it's wrong or not quite honestly... What I do know is that this question and it's consequences should be weighing MUCH more on your new boyfriend than on you.... You're out of the relationship now and aren't required to have ANY loyalty to your ex... The friend however??

Old 01-28-2010, 12:30 PM

3,169 posts, read 5,163,215 times
This isn't a question of right or wrong IMO.

My only advice to you is to prepare yourself for a lot of drama. I've never dated best friends but I did find myself dating an old friend of a guy I had been seeing. They grew up together and still associated with each other every now and then. I had no idea and was caught in the middle. In the end, I left it all alone.

Old 01-28-2010, 12:36 PM

133 posts, read 290,334 times
He's not even your ex, so no!!! Unless you were sleeping with him. Then you are all pretty effed up in the head imo!!!!

Old 01-28-2010, 12:41 PM

4,483 posts, read 5,329,722 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maria19 View Post

Another teenager coming here asking for someone to say "it's OK" so she doesn't have to face the guilt over her clearly reprehensible behavior.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships