Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Was my experience positive or negative?
Positive 2 20.00%
Negative 4 40.00%
A total wash 4 40.00%
Voters: 10. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-04-2010, 09:28 PM

5,143 posts, read 5,407,619 times

Advertisements

Oh you pessimists.

I'll tell you what I told my father when he said, "I'm sorry."

Me: What for?
Dad: Jamie.
Me: What about that?
Dad: That she hurt you.
Me: I'm not hurt. It sucks cuz I liked her but I don't let women destroy me.
Dad: Ok then that it didn't work out.
Me: I'm not going to marry every chick.
Dad: Quit being so damn stubborn. I'm sorry that I had you waste your time then.
Me: Hey I had fun, and she was a great person. I'm out of what, a couple of bucks that I would've wasted on beer anyway. You learn from everyone you meet. I hope whoever this dude is doesn't take advantage of her. You can tell her any of this if you want since I guess she ignores my texts now.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-08-2010, 10:52 AM

3,418 posts, read 7,790,621 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ep- View Post
how did she use him? how long should she wait around for him to make a move? she gave him tons of time
She mentioned not wanting to be used for sex. She backed down when they could have kissed. She sent all these "friends only" vibes, at least that is how I interpreted it.

He takes the high road and pays for all these dates. He acts like a gentleman.

Then she sleeps with someone and begins dating him. She doesn't date the OP because she is sexually frustrated with him.

What???? She gives off all these no sex vibes and then uses that as the breakup excuse. The guy is not a mind reader.

Why didn't she initiate the sex?

Old 02-08-2010, 11:12 AM

5,077 posts, read 14,645,493 times
Hmmm.... here is my take. You are probably right in assuming that she had a difficult life. Perhaps the men she met were very low class and only used her - which she allowed and in turn lowered her self esteem.
She's a single Mom too.
To be perfectly honest, I think she saw a free ride with you and maybe took advantage a little bit not through asking for things because you were obviously very generous.
My opinion is that the only thing you did wrong was not treat her like every other guy that comes along and just use her and leave. I think unfortunately she's used to that and when you didn't make it obvious she got confused and resorted back to what she knows.
I think in her case, she is only ever going to know guys like "that" because she puts herself in situations where it's going to happen. Try finding a girl who isn't so down on herself.

Old 02-08-2010, 03:18 PM

17,216 posts, read 57,085,908 times
Dude, honestly, you could have seen her to be damaged goods from the get go. Why start a relationship with a low-income unwed mother? Even if she is good-looking.

She didn't get into that configuration by exercising Sun Tzu like strategic thinking.

Pretty is only skin deep, but stupid goes all the way to the bone.

Old 02-08-2010, 03:35 PM
Ep-

2,080 posts, read 4,170,662 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RMD3819 View Post
She mentioned not wanting to be used for sex. She backed down when they could have kissed. She sent all these "friends only" vibes, at least that is how I interpreted it.

He takes the high road and pays for all these dates. He acts like a gentleman.

Then she sleeps with someone and begins dating him. She doesn't date the OP because she is sexually frustrated with him.

What???? She gives off all these no sex vibes and then uses that as the breakup excuse. The guy is not a mind reader.

Why didn't she initiate the sex?
she leaned in but got shy. thats still the opening he should have took. most girls are gonna expect a guy to make a move thats just the way it is. cant wait for girl to initiate
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships