Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-04-2010, 09:02 PM

563 posts, read 1,711,217 times

Advertisements

Ok so I am 29 years old. I have been on the dating scene for the past 3 years or so since my divorce. I've had 3 relationships, the longest being about 7 months. The other two were about 3 months each.

I guess because I am outgoing, friendly, and don't have any kids (that's probably the key right there), I seem very attractive to men. I seem to have people interested in me a lot, and I try to open my mind and give them a chance. But here are my problems:

1. A lot of times it becomes quickly obvious WHY those men are single (commitment phobes, workaholics, emotionally unavailable, not ready to settle down).

2. Nine times out of 10 I am never physically attracted to any of them. And I do give it time, I don't expect fireworks right away although I don't think being repulsed immediately is a good thing! But it just doesn't happen, it's not there.

Does anyone else have this problem? It's super frustrating. Seeing as I never really dated in my younger years (met my ex-husband at 17, married at 21, was married until 26) I am starting to wonder if it's just a really rare thing to click with someone AND be attracted to them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-04-2010, 09:05 PM

11,864 posts, read 17,004,194 times
It's not rare. It happens everyday. You just have to be patient.

Old 02-04-2010, 09:09 PM

563 posts, read 1,711,217 times
Really? Cuz my last relationship was well over a year ago and I can't tell you how many men I've met during the time I've been single, and it surely doesn't happen everyday in my world. Seemed like it happened more when I was 26/27. Perhaps the pool is shrinking now that I'm nearing 30 (I am in the south after all, we marry young here).

Old 02-04-2010, 09:20 PM

2,035 posts, read 5,036,650 times
While i am speaking solely from a male perspective... i can tell you that to get to the one person with whom you will completely click.. I am 34 and though i have dated alot, i haven't found anyone who i click with as much as i did with my first serious GF..not that i want a woman who is just like her..but it was how we got along and the rare and unusual level of unspoken attraction i am looking to find.. i believe i will find this kind of connection again..and i am feeling that it may happen soon..but, it has taken time..

Sure, i could settle for just anyone, but i am looking for something that is harder to find.. I found it briefly in my ex back then.. I will find it again..and hopefully get to enjoy it ..and share what i possess with her for some time..when the time arrives..i am anxious, but patient..

For now just enjoy your time..Dating is a pain sometimes but worth it when you find what you are looking for..and deserve.. for now, just remain on course and do not settle for anything less then what makes you happy.. It will happen..

Last edited by si33; 02-04-2010 at 09:42 PM..

Old 02-04-2010, 09:21 PM

27,624 posts, read 21,129,736 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sweethearttx View Post
Ok so I am 29 years old. I have been on the dating scene for the past 3 years or so since my divorce. I've had 3 relationships, the longest being about 7 months. The other two were about 3 months each.

I guess because I am outgoing, friendly, and don't have any kids (that's probably the key right there), I seem very attractive to men. I seem to have people interested in me a lot, and I try to open my mind and give them a chance. But here are my problems:

1. A lot of times it becomes quickly obvious WHY those men are single (commitment phobes, workaholics, emotionally unavailable, not ready to settle down).

2. Nine times out of 10 I am never physically attracted to any of them. And I do give it time, I don't expect fireworks right away although I don't think being repulsed immediately is a good thing! But it just doesn't happen, it's not there.

Does anyone else have this problem? It's super frustrating. Seeing as I never really dated in my younger years (met my ex-husband at 17, married at 21, was married until 26) I am starting to wonder if it's just a really rare thing to click with someone AND be attracted to them.
Sometimes it takes time to meet someone that you have that right chemistry with and sometimes it is with someone that you would rather not have that chemisry with due to extenuating circumstances. The thing is, it will probably happen when you are not looking and least expect it...but it will happen. I've realized not to take that "certain something" for granted as it does not come along every day. As the other poster said, be patient.

Old 02-04-2010, 09:57 PM

109 posts, read 202,720 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sweethearttx View Post

Ive had real chemistry (on all levels) with about 3 men in my dating life. The first was a college friend who was waiting on the sidelines for me to break up with my long-time bf and swooped in as soon as it happened. We went on a few dates then it became mostly sexual, then he wanted a relationship, and then I got flaky (I was 20 and got cold feet) and he moved on. However we're still friends today, albeit FB, but the chemistry is still there. He is respectably married BTW.

The other two dudes I also had very short, fleeting relationships with. But again, the chemistry doesn't die. It just is.

That being said, Im really not sure chemistry is the end all be all...

Old 02-04-2010, 10:00 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,431,754 times
i read your profile, pretty blank just trying to get a feel from where you are coming from, the divorce no kids does give me the data about why they guys are not sticking with you and why you find them unattractive.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships