Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-05-2010, 08:01 AM

4,941 posts, read 8,326,170 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coolhand68 View Post
It's one thing to say you'd kill a man, it's another to actually do it or to say you'd die first before they could get to you. Honestly, unless you've been tested before, it's very difficult to say what you would actually do. I've been put to the test in other ways where my or my loved ones safety and well being was at risk, and it's never played out the way you picture it in your head. Fortunately I did the right thing when it counted, but it didn't go down the way I thought it would prior to such an incident. When you are faced with the probability that you could spend the rest of your life in prison with hardened animals who will rape and control you at will once you pass that point of no return, things start to look different, and suddenly you realize that life isn't a Dirty Harry movie, and taking a man's life isn't easy, nor is it cut and dry for what you thought was a compelling reason.

If you think you could handle prison, lock yourself in your bathroom for 23 hours a day with no TV, internet, comfort foods, music, or CONSENSUAL sex with a woman. Pretend that outside of that bathroom are gangs of thugs who would kill you just as quick as look at you, and are eagerly waiting to prey on you when you leave the relative safety of your tiny 6x8 cell. Oh, and when you're trying to sleep at night, crank up some noise, perhaps a recording of grown men shouting and screaming for no good reason. Don't forget to pretend there is someone else in there with you, someone whose funk you have to smell, limited space you have to share, and you will never again have a private moment to yourself...community showers come with the deal too. Do this for one week and see if you don't lose your mind. Then ask if you could do it for eternity under very real and dangerous circumstances. Remember, you'll NEVER touch a woman again, and everything you ever loved, enjoyed, and sought comfort in is gone forever. Still want to take that guys life?

Like I said, I'm not sure how I would eventually cope and how it would all play out in the end, but taking another life adds a whole new dimension to your set of problems.

You must spread some reputation around before giving it to Coolhand68 again.

Excellent post my friend!

Old 02-05-2010, 08:04 AM

392 posts, read 1,095,726 times
They had best kill me, because I would spend the rest of my life, if needed, to hunt them down and kill them slowly and painfully. Same why I would deal with someone who raped any loved one of mine.

Old 02-05-2010, 08:05 AM

871 posts, read 3,018,595 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lisa4eyes View Post
If you are a man and you were raped by another man, would you report it to the authorities or remain silent?

I am shocked at how many men that I know that said that they wouldn't because of the massive stigma they would have to bear, and the social after effects they would have to live with...

I just don't see it happening to me. IMO, I would be able to neutralize the threat. I am pretty crazy when I need to be.

Old 02-05-2010, 08:06 AM

871 posts, read 3,018,595 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stone_Sculpture_Artist View Post
They had best kill me, because I would spend the rest of my life, if needed, to hunt them down and kill them slowly and painfully. Same why I would deal with someone who raped any loved one of mine.

Me too.

Old 02-05-2010, 08:08 AM

3,457 posts, read 3,623,334 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coolhand68 View Post
It's one thing to say you'd kill a man, it's another to actually do it or to say you'd die first before they could get to you. Honestly, unless you've been tested before, it's very difficult to say what you would actually do. I've been put to the test in other ways where my or my loved ones safety and well being was at risk, and it's never played out the way you picture it in your head. Fortunately I did the right thing when it counted, but it didn't go down the way I thought it would prior to such an incident. When you are faced with the probability that you could spend the rest of your life in prison with hardened animals who will rape and control you at will once you pass that point of no return, things start to look different, and suddenly you realize that life isn't a Dirty Harry movie, and taking a man's life isn't easy, nor is it cut and dry for what you thought was a compelling reason.

If you think you could handle prison, lock yourself in your bathroom for 23 hours a day with no TV, internet, comfort foods, music, or CONSENSUAL sex with a woman. Pretend that outside of that bathroom are gangs of thugs who would kill you just as quick as look at you, and are eagerly waiting to prey on you when you leave the relative safety of your tiny 6x8 cell. Oh, and when you're trying to sleep at night, crank up some noise, perhaps a recording of grown men shouting and screaming for no good reason. Don't forget to pretend there is someone else in there with you, someone whose funk you have to smell, limited space you have to share, and you will never again have a private moment to yourself...community showers come with the deal too. Do this for one week and see if you don't lose your mind. Then ask if you could do it for eternity under very real and dangerous circumstances. Remember, you'll NEVER touch a woman again, and everything you ever loved, enjoyed, and sought comfort in is gone forever. Still want to take that guys life?
Absolutely. I do not expect my reaction would be very rational. It may be unpopular but it does become your duty to remove this person from society; this is the unwritten law of the land where I am from, which is backwoods, rural, with high violent crime. This is not Pennsylvania Avenue, the rule of law is hit-or-miss.

I suppose I grew up with stories that detail how these situations should be dealt with, from my dad, grandfathers, and great-grandfathers. In my mind there is a very clear precendent that has been set , what you do when you are aggreived to an intolerable degree by another person.

Last edited by Cletus Awreetus-Awrightus; 02-05-2010 at 08:23 AM..

Old 02-05-2010, 08:08 AM

5,879 posts, read 9,251,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lisa4eyes View Post
If you are a man and you were raped by another man, would you report it to the authorities or remain silent?

I am shocked at how many men that I know that said that they wouldn't because of the massive stigma they would have to bear, and the social after effects they would have to live with...
I wouldn't be raped by another man. I punch like Chuck Liddell when I have too! If that doesn't work I would shoot the b******!

Old 02-05-2010, 08:09 AM

7,372 posts, read 14,679,772 times
I wouldnt report it but Id definitly end his life.

Old 02-05-2010, 08:10 AM

559 posts, read 651,162 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eloyfan View Post
I just don't see it happening to me. IMO, I would be able to neutralize the threat. I am pretty crazy when I need to be.
What if he drugged you, or if there was more than one of them? You might be crazy, but if you're drugged, or out numbered...

Old 02-05-2010, 08:12 AM

559 posts, read 651,162 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2RUGGED4YOU View Post
I wouldn't be raped by another man.
But lets pretend that you were...

Old 02-05-2010, 08:15 AM

5,143 posts, read 5,406,461 times
Yeah I'm not putting justice for what happened to me in the hands of our broken Justice System.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships