Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-05-2010, 06:49 PM

593 posts, read 1,661,422 times

Advertisements

I know I'm going to come off like a women hater when I say this but I have to air this out.

I think it's really lame for women to feel to themselves that they have it bad because things aren't going the way it should in their relationships, friends with benefits situation that they CHOSE to get involved with. It's natural for people to get upset and complain, that's being real but some of these women are complaining about petty crap or with things you willingly participate with. You want people to feel sorry for you not knowing that you actually have control over your situation IF you actually decide to stand up and take action. Do you think that talking about it is going to actually going to create change? See, us men are different, we don't have it like what you do. Sure we don't have to worry about being eyed up, sexual harassed as much as you do, raped, being pregnant, having to deal with gender discrimination etc. but you are in control over basically all straight people's love lives. Anytime where females lose control over a relationship or sex, it becomes a moral and law issue.

Seriously, you hear women complaining about a guy not taking her out to the right place or some petty crap that really doesn't matter. Like really, most of the issues women cry about aren't really issues. More like boredom.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-05-2010, 06:55 PM

768 posts, read 943,290 times
The inability to consistently remember that this is the best time to be alive in human history is more of a flaw in human nature. I don't see this as being relegated to women at all. Women tend to be more emotional, and to us the outward displays are probably more annoying (OK, definitely more annoying). But alas most of us men take things for granted at an incredible pace as well.

Old 02-05-2010, 06:58 PM

16,224 posts, read 25,674,830 times
1922...I don`t believe that you can even compare to todays world, to back then. No way!!

Old 02-05-2010, 07:01 PM

9,230 posts, read 16,551,567 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thinkin about it View Post
The inability to consistently remember that this is the best time to be alive in human history is more of a flaw in human nature. I don't see this as being relegated to women at all. Women tend to be more emotional, and to us the outward displays are probably more annoying (OK, definitely more annoying). But alas most of us men take things for granted at an incredible pace as well.
Ditto and reps!

Old 02-06-2010, 09:07 AM

5,024 posts, read 8,897,652 times
Uh, I don't think women in 1922 were worried about what restaurant they were going to (maybe a flapper - silent movie actress would have).

My maternal grandmother who is dead now was a nanny to a rich family's kids during that time before her and my grandfather had my mother. My grandfather did upholstery. They had both come over through Ellis Island from Czechoslovakia and Poland. People were grateful back then that they had shelter and some kind of food on the table. And some kind of job to make a little money with.

I think you're comparing apples to oranges, pretty much.

Old 02-06-2010, 09:10 AM

23,416 posts, read 37,017,268 times
Women were more worried about the fact that they could not vote in 1922, than the BS that the OP stated.....

Old 02-06-2010, 09:29 AM

16,077 posts, read 28,568,138 times
Of course women don't complain about the same things they did in 1922, it's 2010, I don't see the need for comparison unless your doing a sociology study of woman now and then. To a women in that era it would be petty...your talking about 70yrs. Womens complaints will be subjective to what's relavent in the decade. Couldn't you say the same about men?
I'm not sure what your point would be?

Quote:
Originally Posted by angerinthenation View Post
I know I'm going to come off like a women hater when I say this but I have to air this out.

I think it's really lame for women to feel to themselves that they have it bad because things aren't going the way it should in their relationships, friends with benefits situation that they CHOSE to get involved with. It's natural for people to get upset and complain, that's being real but some of these women are complaining about petty crap or with things you willingly participate with. You want people to feel sorry for you not knowing that you actually have control over your situation IF you actually decide to stand up and take action. Do you think that talking about it is going to actually going to create change? See, us men are different, we don't have it like what you do. Sure we don't have to worry about being eyed up, sexual harassed as much as you do, raped, being pregnant, having to deal with gender discrimination etc. but you are in control over basically all straight people's love lives. Anytime where females lose control over a relationship or sex, it becomes a moral and law issue.

Seriously, you hear women complaining about a guy not taking her out to the right place or some petty crap that really doesn't matter. Like really, most of the issues women cry about aren't really issues. More like boredom.

Old 02-06-2010, 09:30 AM

7,915 posts, read 18,628,860 times
kshe95girl wrote:
Quote:
Women were more worried about the fact that they could not vote in 1922, than the BS that the OP stated..
Actually the 19th Amendment which granted women the right to vote was passed in 1920 but I agree with your thoughts about the OP. It appears to be just another guy who has issues with women.

Old 02-06-2010, 09:54 AM

2,412 posts, read 7,179,490 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thinkin about it View Post
The inability to consistently remember that this is the best time to be alive in human history is more of a flaw in human nature.
Indeed. I cringe when I hear some folks occasionally long to live in some long lost era. For all the unfathomable amounts of pain, suffering, and misery in the world today, the human species has never had it as good as we do today. And this is becasue there are countless people working everyday -- in ways big and small -- to further human and social progress.

Old 02-06-2010, 09:59 AM

23,416 posts, read 37,017,268 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MontanaGuy View Post
kshe95girl wrote:

Actually the 19th Amendment which granted women the right to vote was passed in 1920 but I agree with your thoughts about the OP. It appears to be just another guy who has issues with women.
Thanks for the correction........for some reason I thought the 19th Amendment didnt pass til 1925?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships