Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-14-2010, 09:00 PM

19,429 posts, read 15,248,700 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cricket_factor View Post
Yes, and you look in the mirror at midnight. Plus that levitation thing with two fingers.

The reason I say no ouija board is I had a seventh grade slumber party at my parents' house and I swear we brought to "life" some ghosts by using the ouija board. My parents' house has never been the same. Too many things experienced by various members of the household.
Cricket, what IS that thing with the two fingers??? I almost lost it the time we did that...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChessieMom View Post
Well let's see. My son has his wrist wrapped in an ace bandage and my nephew has a tailbone contusion. I feel like we've done battle with all the injuries. Luckily, my other nephew was unscathed.

No matter...they are basically fine, and we all had a blast.
Geez... rest up, Chessie. You need it. Glad you had a great time.

I haven't been to the mountains in ages. I'm starting to pressure Chow about it. Yankee's on my side...

Old 02-14-2010, 09:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by temptation001 View Post
I'm glad I'm all in one piece, too. During the course of the day, several cars lunged at me and almost caused an accident. I don't know what it was with people today. They

were like on another planet and highly careless. Still very glad, everyone was okay.
You know, it was very weird for us driving around today, too, temptation. Glad you're home safe and sound.

Old 02-14-2010, 09:06 PM

5,024 posts, read 8,895,713 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaOfGrass View Post
Cricket, what IS that thing with the two fingers??? I almost lost it the time we did that...
Light as a feather, stiff as a board - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Old 02-14-2010, 09:06 PM

16,224 posts, read 25,669,385 times
Quote:

I haven't been to the mountains in ages. I'm starting to pressure Chow about it. Yankee's on my side...
Yes. He needs to bring you to TN. and stay in a hide away cabin here in the mountains! This year, preferably, Chow! (knudge in the side!)

Old 02-14-2010, 09:21 PM

18,270 posts, read 14,433,444 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
Glad you are also in one piece, temp! They must've been drunk with luuuve!
Or high on something. Just kidding.

Quote:
You know, it was very weird for us driving around today, too, temptation. Glad you're home safe and sound.
Thanks guys. Whatever it was, I hope it was just today. I can't keep dodging cars .

Old 02-14-2010, 09:21 PM

"Despite dramatic changes in culture and technology, girls' sleepovers have remained basically the same for generations" by MaryEllen Fillo Hartford Courant Aug. 30, 2005[/quote]

I thought this title/quote was funny...

Quote:
Originally Posted by yankeegirl313 View Post
Yes. He needs to bring you to TN. and stay in a hide away cabin here in the mountains! This year, preferably, Chow! (knudge in the side!)
*Chow grunting in pain - elbow in the side*

Old 02-14-2010, 09:22 PM

9,912 posts, read 13,903,517 times
Quote:
Every time Chow and I get on the elevator, it's him saying to me: "No, the OTHER one."
See? Buttons are the work of the Devil! It's a wonder I'm even here at all!

Quote:
Yeah, Stockard Channing...pure poetry in that scene... I'm talking pure linguistics: Elvis = pelvis...
That whole movie is just brilliant! BRILLIANT!! But Stockard is a real stand out! And such a clever script. It's all so beautifully tongue in cheek and I've learned to appreciate it so much more as an adult because as a kid most of it went right over my head. (Who'd have guessed? )

Old 02-14-2010, 09:23 PM

5,024 posts, read 8,895,713 times
Yes, Mrs. Chow, I thought that as well!

All the telephones and texting in the world ain't gonna change, "Mary Worth, Mary Worth!"

Old 02-14-2010, 09:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by moonshadow View Post
That whole movie is just brilliant! BRILLIANT!! But Stockard is a real stand out! And such a clever script. It's all so beautifully tongue in cheek and I've learned to appreciate it so much more as an adult because as a kid most of it went right over my head. (Who'd have guessed? )
Stockard Channing is a real stand-out, for sure. To me, at least (I'm speaking in general.)

LOL. I remember one time we had friends over, and their, at the time, 10-or-so-year-old daughter was perusing our DVDs/tapes and said,
"YOU have GREASE?"

LOL, I didn't quite understand her reaction or know how to respond.

I do know I was somewhere in my puberty/teen years when it first came out. To this day, I'm still not quite sure what she meant by that...

Last edited by SeaOfGrass; 02-14-2010 at 09:44 PM..

Old 02-14-2010, 09:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cricket_factor View Post
Yes, Mrs. Chow, I thought that as well!

All the telephones and texting in the world ain't gonna change, "Mary Worth, Mary Worth!"
Laughing out loud...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships