Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-09-2010, 10:20 AM

9,444 posts, read 17,385,589 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sebby15 View Post
Should I finish with him ? I love him to bits though , should I let this put me off?
Only if he keeps insisting on it and you don't feel comfortable doing it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-09-2010, 10:22 AM

7,915 posts, read 18,626,210 times
sebby15 wrote:
Quote:
Should I finish with him ? I love him to bits though , should I let this put me off?
Maybe you should find out more about how much he's into this particular drug and if he's also into other illegal substances. I know that both of my nephews have tried it and they're not major drug users so it all depends on the total picture. If it turns out that he's into all sorts of other drugs but just hasn't mentioned it before I would end the relationship. Hopefully that's not the case.

Old 02-09-2010, 10:24 AM

5,077 posts, read 14,645,493 times
I think if someone is asking you to do drugs with them it's not a good thing and obviously now you know he does drugs. A drug is a drug, doesn't matter how "harmless" or good it is. Are you into using drugs? If you answered no then I think you know what you need to do.
I'd tell him that I'm not interested and that frankly, the fact that he does use is a big turn off to you and would make you not want to be with him - that is if you don't like drugs.
If you don't have a problem with it (which is obvious) since you actually solicited others' ideas, then maybe you should do it with him.
First ask yourself how you honestly feel though.

Old 02-09-2010, 10:25 AM

24,665 posts, read 69,710,891 times
If you have any self respect at all, absolutely don't go there.

Old 02-09-2010, 10:31 AM

22,768 posts, read 30,737,789 times
Quote:

Well, only you can answer that.

If you want my perspective, I would probably date someone who:

A) was absolutely certain about what they were getting (ecstasy typically is a cocktail of drugs, not pure MDMA)
B) used it roughly once every two years, MAYBE.
C) did not take any other, similar recreational drugs
D) took it in a controlled environment, or on a special occasion
E) could go for at least 1 year without using it again, or using a similar substance (obviously, this would require me to be acquainted with the person for a minimum of 1 year).
F) Did not take it in conjunction with other drugs

So in other words, I doubt such a person even exists, but "never say never".

If you just met the dude, yeah, I'd say that's a huge red flag.

Last edited by le roi; 02-09-2010 at 10:44 AM..

Old 02-09-2010, 10:34 AM

25,901 posts, read 42,706,825 times
Does he take ecstasy now, or was this more of a "Hey, my buddy has some X and I thought maybe we could try it" thing?

Old 02-09-2010, 10:35 AM

8,309 posts, read 38,782,175 times
Don't do it. Ex is a trashy, burn-out drug for people who have not yet realized that techno-music or live jam-band shows suck (unless it's Allman Bros). If you have never done ecstasy, DO NOT START! DO NOT START! He wants to feel better about his own choices by convincing other people to crawl down in the gutter with him.

I wouldn't have a problem with someone who tipples here-and-there or enjoys tobacco or even if that person unwound with some grass now-and-again (beyond concern that I'll get pulled over at some point with this person in my car while he/she is carrying more than he/she can eat), but there is a line crossed at hallucinogens*.

Yes, let it put you off. He's telling you that he's unreliable.

*Yes, ecstasy has hallucinogenic properties. Monkeys trained to ring a bell when they feel the influence of hallucinogens indicate strongly when dosed with ecstasy. Interestingly, monkeys trained to do the same when they feel the influence of amphetamines also indicate strongly when dosed with ecstasy.

Old 02-09-2010, 10:41 AM

23,593 posts, read 37,484,310 times
Quote:
Yes and Yes!

Old 02-09-2010, 10:43 AM

3,993 posts, read 8,927,861 times
Ecstasy is illegal for a reason.

That is all I have to say.

Old 02-09-2010, 10:45 AM

1,086 posts, read 3,360,993 times
I don't see it as being a big deal, I do it every now and then.

You'd be surprised to know how many people you know have probably taken it.

BTW it's not highly addictive.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships