Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-09-2010, 02:38 PM

8,064 posts, read 18,011,851 times

Advertisements

I was thinking about this the other day. While I've dated men from a variety of professions/jobs and I choose the man, not the profession, I have to admit that there are some professions that I find to be a turn-on, for some reason. Here are my list and reasons -- offer yours!

Surgeon -- I guess it's the thought of my man routinely saving and improving lives that makes this one sexy. I find it awe-inspiring to think that the guy who's now watching a movie with me, dealt with life and death issues just a few hours before. (The downside is that they must be on call fairly often and in an emergency situation, they will be called in all hours of the night.)

Lawyer -- Same type of thing as the surgeon, except he is concerned with justice and fairness. I know how lawyers get a bad rap (sometimes deserved) but I'd say most of them really do hold the law and our system in high esteem and they will fight for people's rights. On one occasion when I desperately needed a lawyer over a custody issue, one volunteered to represent me and wouldn't take payment. She was later selected to be a judge and I was so pleased because she truly cared!

Social Worker -- A helping profession. I admire social workers because the vast majority care deeply about people and making their lives better. The work is fascinating and provides daily opportunities to do good.

I really appreciate men who make a difference. I get along best with men who are well-educated because I really need that intellectual element in relationships. And I must admit that I find power rather exciting, LOL.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-09-2010, 02:40 PM

2,203 posts, read 5,085,781 times
Bounty Hunter! lol! Specifically...Leland Chapman.

Old 02-09-2010, 02:40 PM

13,784 posts, read 26,253,509 times
My heart has always had a soft spot for artists...carefree, taking the road less travelled and quirky...

Old 02-09-2010, 02:42 PM

3,993 posts, read 8,927,861 times
Are we talking sexy on a visual level, or a spiritual one ??

Old 02-09-2010, 02:42 PM

25,901 posts, read 42,706,825 times
Fireman. When I drive home from the office, I pass a fire station that was recently remodeled. This time of year, when it's dark in the early evening, I can look through the large front windows and see all the firemen working out in their new gym. Hello, boys.

Old 02-09-2010, 02:43 PM

4,941 posts, read 8,327,271 times
Mmmm...military men, cops, state troopers are all sexy professions to me. Kind of like I'm bad and they have the authority to put me back in line!

Old 02-09-2010, 02:44 PM

5,143 posts, read 5,407,619 times
Nurse and Grade School Teacher.

7,372 posts, read 16,017,645 times
Accountant
Insurance Sales
Chick-Sexer (Oh, go look it up!)

8,775 posts, read 11,909,171 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by teatime View Post
I was thinking about this the other day. While I've dated men from a variety of professions/jobs and I choose the man, not the profession, I have to admit that there are some professions that I find to be a turn-on, for some reason. Here are my list and reasons -- offer yours!

Surgeon -- I guess it's the thought of my man routinely saving and improving lives that makes this one sexy. I find it awe-inspiring to think that the guy who's now watching a movie with me, dealt with life and death issues just a few hours before. (The downside is that they must be on call fairly often and in an emergency situation, they will be called in all hours of the night.)

Lawyer -- Same type of thing as the surgeon, except he is concerned with justice and fairness. I know how lawyers get a bad rap (sometimes deserved) but I'd say most of them really do hold the law and our system in high esteem and they will fight for people's rights. On one occasion when I desperately needed a lawyer over a custody issue, one volunteered to represent me and wouldn't take payment. She was later selected to be a judge and I was so pleased because she truly cared!

Social Worker -- A helping profession. I admire social workers because the vast majority care deeply about people and making their lives better. The work is fascinating and provides daily opportunities to do good.

I really appreciate men who make a difference. I get along best with men who are well-educated because I really need that intellectual element in relationships. And I must admit that I find power rather exciting, LOL.
I guess I have never given much thought to a profession being "sexy". I know some women find firefighters to be sexy but I was married to one and, while I didn't find his JOB sexy, I did find HIM sexy. He was a fireman/paramedic for the town we lived in and also a wildlands firefighter for the Forest Service. He was gone six or seven months of the year for ten years of our marriage with the Forest Service. Nothing about that could be considered "sexy".

What is it about "power" that attracts women? I also like an intelligent man.

Old 02-09-2010, 02:45 PM

8,064 posts, read 18,011,851 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobman View Post
Are we talking sexy on a visual level, or a spiritual one ??
Not so much visual -- let's assume they're all attractive. What professions do you find sexy just thinking about them? (aside from strippers and the like. )
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships