Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-10-2010, 05:46 AM

4,379 posts, read 5,385,704 times

Advertisements

One hears of sayings like "there is somebody for everybody", which in fairness is based on some degree of fact.

But guys who fall into one of the categories below should note the following:

- Feeling they're too ugly to get a date
- Feeling that their standards are too high
- Feeling that all women are golddiggers/out for money and status
- Feeling that because some women (out of literally hundreds of millions of dating aged females in the world) cheated on them, it makes all women everywhere bad

Nothing in life is absolute. There is no such thing as fact. Never say never on anything.

We are only human beings, and none of us can rule out any possibility in life totally. As there is no such thing in fact, how can one say they can never get a date? It is not strange to say that facts don't exist. Think about it for a moment. It is a fact that water boils at 100 degrees Celsius. but can anybody say this is true in any degree of absolute totality? Yes, our instruments used to measure this are accurate, but they are man-made, and thus not perfect. In reality, in the human sphere, "fact" basically means 99% sure. The remaining 1% is the uncertainty that is inherent in life.

Confidence is key, and it isn't just something said for the sake of it. Who respects somebody who does not respect themselves? Building a healthy self-worth is the initial step in looking attractive to people, in both a platonic and romantic sense.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-10-2010, 06:00 AM

1,089 posts, read 2,399,429 times
The uncertainty principle applied to getting a girl. Interesting, samston

Old 02-10-2010, 06:55 AM

4,379 posts, read 5,385,704 times
well, it's just guys who are defeatist in their thinking regarding dating are only shooting themselves in the foot.

Old 02-10-2010, 06:58 AM

2,256 posts, read 6,958,693 times
Lol tru ...just like girls should not moan about being able to find a nice normal guy

Old 02-10-2010, 07:03 AM

5,143 posts, read 5,408,647 times
I think the problem with Single Guys is really simple:

They are shallow and unrealistic. Most guys I meet are trying to meet women that don't even exist. They offer nothing to any relationship, nor have any social skills, yet feel entitled that the prettiest girl in the room should throw herself at him.

I can't believe the audacity of the 2010 single male to call single females shallow. Most of them couldn't even be bothered to have a cordial conversation with a woman unless she is 34-25-36. A lot of single guys out there don't even know what a real woman looks like.

The problem is supply and demand. It's like whining that you didn't get a Wii the first day it came out.

Old 02-10-2010, 07:05 AM

1,823 posts, read 1,882,197 times
true samston i agree with u .. but how about dating women and settling down with the one u never thought u would .. in either way good or bad .. beautiful or ugly .. how would u explain that uncertainty of getting aquainted with the likes .. its like going full circle in my opinion .. please rectify if im wrong and illuminate me ..

Old 02-10-2010, 07:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSizzle225 View Post
I think the problem with Single Guys is really simple:

They are shallow and unrealistic. Most guys I meet are trying to meet women that don't even exist. They offer nothing to any relationship, nor have any social skills, yet feel entitled that the prettiest girl in the room should throw herself at him.

I can't believe the audacity of the 2010 single male to call single females shallow. Most of them couldn't even be bothered to have a cordial conversation with a woman unless she is 34-25-36. A lot of single guys out there don't even know what a real woman looks like.

The problem is supply and demand. It's like whining that you didn't get a Wii the first day it came out.
This sounds like me several years ago...except on the other side of the fence as a guy:P

Old 02-10-2010, 07:24 AM
Ep-

2,080 posts, read 4,171,145 times
nothing you say gonna change these ppls attitudes. theyll just spend the next 10 yrs crying instead of changing themselves. afterall, they cant be wrong, the rest of the world is! :P

im just glad im awesome

Old 02-10-2010, 07:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ep- View Post
nothing you say gonna change these ppls attitudes. theyll just spend the next 10 yrs crying instead of changing themselves. afterall, they cant be wrong, the rest of the world is! :P

im just glad im awesome
lol!

yeah I just realized if you're sticking up a post about this, you are in fact complaining about stuff yourself...which is why girls get the rep for being chronic complainers:P

Old 02-10-2010, 08:01 AM

740 posts, read 1,233,540 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by samston View Post
One hears of sayings like "there is somebody for everybody", which in fairness is based on some degree of fact.

But guys who fall into one of the categories below should note the following:

- Feeling they're too ugly to get a date
- Feeling that their standards are too high
- Feeling that all women are golddiggers/out for money and status
- Feeling that because some women (out of literally hundreds of millions of dating aged females in the world) cheated on them, it makes all women everywhere bad

Nothing in life is absolute. There is no such thing as fact. Never say never on anything.

We are only human beings, and none of us can rule out any possibility in life totally. As there is no such thing in fact, how can one say they can never get a date? It is not strange to say that facts don't exist. Think about it for a moment. It is a fact that water boils at 100 degrees Celsius. but can anybody say this is true in any degree of absolute totality? Yes, our instruments used to measure this are accurate, but they are man-made, and thus not perfect. In reality, in the human sphere, "fact" basically means 99% sure. The remaining 1% is the uncertainty that is inherent in life.

Confidence is key, and it isn't just something said for the sake of it. Who respects somebody who does not respect themselves? Building a healthy self-worth is the initial step in looking attractive to people, in both a platonic and romantic sense.
I'd give you a reputation point, but must have liked something else you said and thus can not.

Basically, the only time you can be absolutely, 100% certain about what is going to happen to you in life is after you are dead.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships