Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-12-2010, 07:49 AM
Ep-

2,080 posts, read 4,172,405 times

Advertisements

i thought guys were bad at reading the signs... :P

if he wanted to see you he would have. big assignment that takes all day?? he can work you into his schedule for lunch or dinner for a little bit if he wanted to see you. even on big assignments everyone needs a braek here and there
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-12-2010, 07:51 AM

27,957 posts, read 39,810,348 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thebobs View Post
Is it TVSG?
That was the first thing I thought when I seen the title.

He had ample opportunity and canceled every time. Its a fine time to move on.

Last edited by SD4020; 02-12-2010 at 08:01 AM..

Old 02-12-2010, 07:54 AM

8,568 posts, read 18,121,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Capt. Dan View Post
If you were my daughter and you told me this story, I would lock you in your room to make sure you couldnt see him! For your own good. And while you are in the room we are going to have a talk about how men are supposed to treat women and how women must stand up for themselves and not take this crap. And when we are done with our talk we are going to have a spelling and grammar lesson so maybe we can attract a better caliber of men in the future! All this father of 3 daughters can tell you right now is RUN FROM THIS MAN!!!!!!!!!

I don't think it's necessary to run - he might chase after her. but I agree with all else.

I'm also concerned about the age issue. From the writing, it sounds as though she's still a teen - and if the age gap is big enough............ Definitely time to cut the connection.

Old 02-12-2010, 07:57 AM

23,593 posts, read 37,504,382 times
Third time's the charm. Three strikes and you're out. Disasters always come in threes.

There's a reason for each of those sayings. Take a hint and find a healthy relationship with someone who doesn't have a borderline personality disorder, an anger management problem and who lies.

You deserve better than that. And while you're at it, stick closer to your own age group!

Old 02-12-2010, 08:06 AM

4,837 posts, read 8,860,255 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thebobs View Post
Is it TVSG?
The female version? Let's contrast the advice and see if anything can be gleaned form this!

Old 02-12-2010, 08:07 AM

15,971 posts, read 9,392,416 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ep- View Post
i thought guys were bad at reading the signs... :P

if he wanted to see you he would have. big assignment that takes all day?? he can work you into his schedule for lunch or dinner for a little bit if he wanted to see you. even on big assignments everyone needs a braek here and there
Good point. I think that goes for both men and women... If he/she was interested, but busy, they would try to work something into the schedule.

I think just being up politlely up front in the first place instead of giving "hints" is better in the long run. It puts a period at the end of the sentence and not a question mark.

Old 02-12-2010, 08:55 AM

7,364 posts, read 14,682,655 times
He's not interested. If he were, he would have apologized for being busy yet again, and suggested a quick drink/cup of coffee, etc.

Old 02-12-2010, 09:19 AM

19,012 posts, read 29,739,584 times
When I see young girls going out with older guys, I just shake my head. It's just wrong

Old 02-12-2010, 09:27 AM

4,941 posts, read 8,330,695 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by badq View Post
So here's the story... he canceled my date twice for reasonable reasons... And we suppose to meet this Sunday for valentine's but then he had this big necessary assignment he need to spend time working on so he canceled the date...

This makes it three times in a role... So I told him I'm a little sad and I'm questioning a bit that he wanna meet me or not, but I didn't get mad at him at all but somehow he got really angry and said that I said that I'm not reasonable... He said I have trusting issues... He would shout at me like I did something really bad when I didn't...

And I was just like, is it wrong that I felt like that? In my point of view, I think it's common to feel like rubbish when you got canceled even though you know its necessary to cancel... I mean, it's 3 cancels in a role, I don't know how big is 3 times in a role since he's my first boyfriend. But anyway, I always felt excited everytime that I'm gonna meet him and when the "cancel" comes up, it makes me feel a little down.. PS. He's many years older than me... Am I normal? or am I selfish?

Yes dear, you are normal but HE is the one who is selfish. I know you like him and he is your first boyfriend but you have to ask yourself....do you deserve to be treated this way?

I hate to tell you but this happens very often when a woman is much younger than a man. It becomes more of a parent/child relationship than boyfriend/girlfriend. Sounds like he is well on his way to controlling the relationship and you. Get out of this while you are young and unscathed. Self-esteem is very important and don't allow this man to diminish it. Best of luck to you.

Old 02-12-2010, 09:42 AM

2,618 posts, read 6,166,084 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by badq View Post
So here's the story... he canceled my date twice for reasonable reasons... And we suppose to meet this Sunday for valentine's but then he had this big necessary assignment he need to spend time working on so he canceled the date...

This makes it three times in a role... So I told him I'm a little sad and I'm questioning a bit that he wanna meet me or not, but I didn't get mad at him at all but somehow he got really angry and said that I said that I'm not reasonable... He said I have trusting issues... He would shout at me like I did something really bad when I didn't...

And I was just like, is it wrong that I felt like that? In my point of view, I think it's common to feel like rubbish when you got canceled even though you know its necessary to cancel... I mean, it's 3 cancels in a role, I don't know how big is 3 times in a role since he's my first boyfriend. But anyway, I always felt excited everytime that I'm gonna meet him and when the "cancel" comes up, it makes me feel a little down.. PS. He's many years older than me... Am I normal? or am I selfish?
No, you have every right to be suspect, this guy is being shady. It's very understandable if he cancels a date last minute because something comes up, but he should have his **** together and know his schedule. His interest level should be high enough, and he should be organized enough to schedule a date on a day he knows nothing will come up to get in the way. This should come as a major red flag to you.

As for him getting angry, he's displacing blame. What he's doing is a dick move, and some people don't have the balls to own up to their fault or admit when they're wrong, and this guy is one of them. In my experience, people like this are very good at turning around the blame to the other person when it's really their problem and their own fault.

There's too many other really cool guys out there that have a lot more respect than this douche bag. Drop him like a bad habit and move on. He doesn't deserve a date on V-day.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships