Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-24-2010, 03:29 PM

20,728 posts, read 19,367,499 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by raa1371 View Post
Hi gwynedd1,

I know for a fact I'm not having sex with my ovaries & I can have an 'o' just fine without intercourse
Hi raa1371,

That is nice. You are not the only one that thinks Disney World appeared from the morass as a gift from God. You are having sex because nature's efficiency is pulling in that direction.

Quote:
Sure, you are making judgements, but that is your right. This is a public forum & we are all allowed to post within the rules here.
No, I am not. Do what you like. I am interested in factual discussion, blow off humor, and providing an honest opinion for the benefit of others.

Quote:
I have never had trouble finding a lover when I've wanted one. I still have fantabulous, bang up sex & I'm well over the 30 mark. And, if I wanted to be in a relationship right now, I would make that happen, but such is life & I just don't have time to invest now. My time is wrapped up in other, equally important things.
It does not mean a thing. Most men will sleep with any attractive woman willing to do him for now. Some think a prostitute can do the job. The quality will continue to decline as time goes on.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-24-2010, 03:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onglet39 View Post
You are a woman, yes? Being able to find a "lover" is easy as a woman. Super easy. So much so, I am puzzled by women who mention their ability to get laid as though its something unique or special.

Even if you are 50+ and overweight, there is a healthy number of men out there who will have sex with you... they just may not want their friends to see them walking out of the pub with you on their arm.
Hi Onglet39,

In college it was called "hogging" and the goal was to retrieve her underwear as a trophy. I never was much of the frat boy and didn't get it. I'll stick with a mounted jacklope.

Old 02-24-2010, 04:08 PM

190 posts, read 413,167 times
So if I want to be a potential "lover" for the OP, where do I sign up?

I wouldn't want to marry her, but for the meantime, I'm available. I think it's a wonderful lifestyle choice and I wouldn't judge her for it.

Women, please don't judge me for my preferences. I know you will praise me for being sexually liberated and uninhibited since I want to participate. Besides, my sexual past is nobodys business anyways.

Old 02-24-2010, 05:22 PM

5,143 posts, read 5,407,619 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DanInHSV;13042858[B
]So if I want to be a potential "lover" for the OP, where do I sign up?
[/b]
I wouldn't want to marry her, but for the meantime, I'm available. I think it's a wonderful lifestyle choice and I wouldn't judge her for it.

Women, please don't judge me for my preferences. I know you will praise me for being sexually liberated and uninhibited since I want to participate. Besides, my sexual past is nobodys business anyways.
Hopefully you get farther than me. I took several hours to fill out her extensive application...and on it was just stamped "LOL REJECTED LOSER"

I cried pretty much for a fortnight.

Old 02-24-2010, 05:32 PM

2,115 posts, read 5,030,940 times
I have to agree with gwynedd and Onglet.

Men do tend to compartmentalize women. There are the one night stand girls and hook ups; then, there are the relationship, possible future girls. With sexual flings, other things besides sex don't really matter. The relationship is built on sex. If having sex is the main purpose of your (not specifically referring to the OP, but in general) relationship, then that is naturally what you will be to him. There has to be much more than just a sexual attraction for a girl to be relationship material and I think once a guy sees a girl as simply a sex object (which is what hookups are - pure sex), it is hard to get her out of that category.

Guys want girls who haven't slept with every other guy because it says something about him. He's not just another notch on the bedpost. Maybe it is an ego thing; maybe it's not. Furthermore, it could also be a trust thing. If a girl has had casual sex plenty of times with many people, he may wonder if she will continue to do so.

And about the sex partners thing. . . do you want the ice cream cone that no one has licked or the one from which everyone has had a bite? I'm not saying it's black and white, ***** or virgin, but in general terms, things start getting blurry once you pass the number 20.

Old 02-24-2010, 05:49 PM

9,912 posts, read 13,903,517 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mango tango View Post
Men do tend to compartmentalize women.
Nah, boys do, but adult men with emotional maturity that have lived their lives and know there are much more important things to worry about, don't.

It's just unfortunate that boys are more vocal and men tend to have far more important things to talk about.

Old 02-24-2010, 06:30 PM

2,115 posts, read 5,030,940 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moonshadow View Post
Nah, boys do, but adult men with emotional maturity that have lived their lives and know there are much more important things to worry about, don't.

It's just unfortunate that boys are more vocal and men tend to have far more important things to talk about.
I think people tend to compartmentalize many things subconsciously. It's called anchoring. We associate certain things/sensations/people to other things. Those anchors are hard to break.

However, I do agree that those with more maturity are better at loosening those anchors.

Old 02-24-2010, 06:49 PM

Quote:

Hi moonshadow,

Compartments are unavoidable. Indeed, lacking discretion, the small compartment of the 2nd waiting room at the clinic is what comes to mind. However the eyes of the incubator to the left may brighten at a new prospect.

Old 02-24-2010, 06:51 PM

40,951 posts, read 49,198,692 times
Quote:

Moonshadow it's been interesting following this thread and conversation. You can generally spot the men from the boys on here and I think you've said a lot with your post.

To OP, if you find a lover make it worth your effort and time. Find one who will treat you like a lady and appreciate the moments that you share. In many cases a little older is better than a little younger.

Old 02-24-2010, 06:51 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,170,643 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mango tango View Post
We associate certain things/sensations/people to other things. Those anchors are hard to break.
They really are!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships