Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-08-2010, 11:58 AM

550 posts, read 1,216,829 times

Advertisements

A bit more than a year ago during last years supwerbowlparty i met a girl at a sportsbar, after the game we went to her place and I lost my virginity... a week later she called me and we met again and did it again...
after that I called her a couple of times but she had different excuses and shortly after this my father died and my life was a mess. A month after that or so I came in contact with her again and she said she'd like to meet me but had excuses for any time I sugested, third sugestion around her excuse was that she was dating someone...(at this point I was sort of just trying to see how long it would take her to make a clean break, I knew she wouldn't have me)

Now about 10 months after last contact she sent me an SMS basicly saying "hey how are you? have your life turned around for the better?"

I replied "everything is fine, im studdying at a university etc..."

Her next text message "oh really what do you studdy and what city?"

So i guess she's sms smalltalking with me...what does this mean? I thought she woulda been pleased to get rid of me last time?
But I'm still curious about her I mean she took my virginity and all...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-08-2010, 12:06 PM

16,223 posts, read 25,713,915 times
I would just leave it at small talk, unless you want another "good time" with her, because it seems that this is all she is after.

Old 03-08-2010, 12:09 PM

Of course I would want to... I mean I'd like to show off my progress to someone who'd know...XD

Old 03-08-2010, 12:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Niceguy89 View Post
Of course I would want to... I mean I'd like to show off my progress to someone who'd know...XD
Then I wouldn`t put to much worry about what she wants from you. Have fun!

Old 03-08-2010, 12:13 PM

796 posts, read 1,847,600 times
Then go for it...

Old 03-08-2010, 12:14 PM

10,182 posts, read 20,824,372 times
She sounds a little flakey. I'd say keep it polite and remain cordial. The devil on my shoulder would tell you to go out and get laid and not to get hung up on any one girl until you find one whose company you really enjoy. But that'll probably get me drawn and quartered by some of the puritans.

Have you invited her out on a real date? Or did you just toss out a "hey let's get together sometime" leaving it open ended? Try to nail down a date if you really want to see her again. If she's still wishy-washy, just leave it open to her and then start moving on and dating other girls. Don't sit around waiting for her, it'll make you crazy, especially since she was your first.

Old 03-08-2010, 12:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coolhand68 View Post
She sounds a little flakey. I'd say keep it polite and remain cordial. The devil on my shoulder would tell you to go out and get laid and not to get hung up on any one girl until you find one whose company you really enjoy. But that'll probably get me drawn and quartered by some of the puritans.

Have you invited her out on a real date? Or did you just toss out a "hey let's get together sometime" leaving it open ended? Try to nail down a date if you really want to see her again. If she's still wishy-washy, just leave it open to her and then start moving on and dating other girls. Don't sit around waiting for her, it'll make you crazy, especially since she was your first.
Back about a year ago my sugestions were like "hey lets meet this weekend? no? okay how about wednesday? no then either huh? well...the next weekend after the one coming? oh well...hmm "

Right now I haven't suggested anything because I'm sort of fishing for what she wants (if anything)...

Old 03-08-2010, 12:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Niceguy89 View Post
Back about a year ago my sugestions were like "hey lets meet this weekend? no? okay how about wednesday? no then either huh? well...the next weekend after the one coming? oh well...hmm "

Right now I haven't suggested anything because I'm sort of fishing for what she wants (if anything)...
Thats what I was thinking....she blew you off before, so I don`t really think a year passing is going to make a diffrence, and I personally, wouldn`t stoop down to that level to do it all over again.
If thats all she wants, and your cool with that, then, why not?

Old 03-08-2010, 12:24 PM

10,182 posts, read 20,824,372 times
Invite her to meet up with you for lunch at a specific place so you two can get caught up in person. See where it goes from there. If she can't make time for you for lunch, dinner, or on the weekend, I'd say she's not all that interested. If she were, believe me, she'd make time to be with you. Does she know that she was your first? That could be what's throwing her off. Maybe she's afraid you'll be clingy or fall in love with her. Not saying that's what you're feeling, but perhaps that's her perception.

Old 03-08-2010, 12:26 PM

851 posts, read 3,631,664 times
What do YOU want?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships