Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-15-2010, 06:29 PM

4,379 posts, read 5,385,704 times

Advertisements

I don't see the point in seeking something out, when there are other things to pursue.

I don't go out much, most of my time is spent at work and studies. I'm not the life of the party, I like being around people, but i kind of just listen and not be engaging. So the chances of meeting somebody cannot be high, can they?

My main focuses now are career and studies. But career more so. I think my bosses at work see a lot of potential in me (I'm learning about strategic human resource management at class now, so for all I know I am in my company's talent management database), and i have been doing well at late. I just need to be able to consistently maintain this level, and things there would be sweet.

Am I the only person having this realisation?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-15-2010, 06:37 PM

3,337 posts, read 7,122,326 times
Nope. You're career-focused, nothing wrong with that. I'm the same way so that's why I'm not involved with anyone right now. Keep doing what you do. Besides, with everything I'm well on my way to accomplishing right now, a woman is the LEAST of my worries.

Old 03-15-2010, 06:47 PM

3,037 posts, read 5,930,825 times
I wouldn't say you've 'given up on love'. You're just doing other stuff. I've found the less you look, the more likely that someone will come along. But you've decided to stop worrying so much and focus on other areas of your life, and I reckon that's the best thing a person can for themselves.
(Long way of saying no, you're not the only person to realize this).

Old 03-15-2010, 06:51 PM

3,337 posts, read 7,122,326 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacq63 View Post
I wouldn't say you've 'given up on love'. You're just doing other stuff. I've found the less you look, the more likely that someone will come along. But you've decided to stop worrying so much and focus on other areas of your life, and I reckon that's the best thing a person can for themselves.
(Long way of saying no, you're not the only person to realize this).
Exactly. Love has a way of finding you when you least expect it. That's not to say you should yoke up any old thing that comes along.

Old 03-15-2010, 06:54 PM

15,971 posts, read 9,388,267 times
Nothing wrong with getting your career on track and looking towards the future. Try to keep an open mind on the love thing. No sense shutting yourself out.

2,392 posts, read 5,725,894 times
No worries. Just concentrate on doing you and accomplishing your goals. There is nothing wrong with that. Hang out with your friends and just relax.

105 posts, read 250,304 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthsideJacksonville View Post
Exactly. Love has a way of finding you when you least expect it. That's not to say you should yoke up any old thing that comes along.

I agree!

Old 03-15-2010, 07:01 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,441,267 times
not a chance. not bek its not pointless- it probably is pointless, but as i do the check list of character flaws that must be repaired b4 i would ever be considered fit material, i get a wonderful opportunity for some self improvement. its ok to motivate yourself with non existent carrots.

Old 03-15-2010, 07:05 PM

1,089 posts, read 2,399,429 times
If you want to focus on your career that's your choice. Just know that no one who came before you ever said on their death bed: "I wish I had worked more."

Old 03-16-2010, 01:00 AM

8,064 posts, read 18,013,272 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cuinlalaland View Post
If you want to focus on your career that's your choice. Just know that no one who came before you ever said on their death bed: "I wish I had worked more."
I know that's a popular cliche. However, I'll bet there ARE people who died destitute and wished they'd applied themselves more and developed their talents. You do have control over your accomplishments, in that regard, and you can be content and happy on your own as an intelligent, accomplished and secure individual.

Finding love, however, can be fickle and elusive because it depends on other people, many of whom do not have your best intentions at heart and are only trying to benefit themselves.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships