Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-20-2010, 08:06 PM

548 posts, read 1,253,171 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by eatfastnoodle View Post
kinda like when something ****ty happens, you swears. A lot of times, what you hear from men ain't that much different from "damn it" or cheering for somebody else when he hits birdie on the golf course. Not everything you see or hear, I'd say most of them, are really directed at you, even less are intended to elicit a reaction.
They arn't directed at me even when they're looking dead at me. I don't get it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-20-2010, 08:35 PM

1,517 posts, read 2,322,244 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Morphous01 View Post
To be fair, a lot of you women instigate it. When I'm in the streets, I see women who dress up in some really sexy, head turning, outfits.
Should we wear burlap sacks to keep from getting attention from men? I think some of them would react the same to the sack anyway. I see guys in good looking suits that look great, and I don't hoot and holler..or ogle them. Just have class is all women are asking. Smile but then move on. Don't treat women like a steak you want to devour..lol.

Old 03-20-2010, 08:53 PM

3,440 posts, read 8,047,843 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by smel View Post
Should we wear burlap sacks to keep from getting attention from men? I think some of them would react the same to the sack anyway. I see guys in good looking suits that look great, and I don't hoot and holler..or ogle them. Just have class is all women are asking. Smile but then move on. Don't treat women like a steak you want to devour..lol.

But a man in a suit is going to cause you to react in a more professional way even though in your mind you want to tear his clothes off on the spot.

Women however, walk around with clothes that are designed to entice sexual feelings so it's only natural for a man to respond accordingly.

Also, in this past decade I have noticed a shift in the female wardrobe where there seems to be a blend of night club attire mixed in with work clothes. It's totally different then a typical secretaries outfit of the 1950's which was hardly sexual in nature at all.

Old 03-20-2010, 08:58 PM

Quote:
But a man in a suit is going to cause you to react in a more professional way even though in your mind you want to tear his clothes off on the spot.

Women however, walk around with clothes that are designed to entice sexual feelings so it's only natural for a man to respond accordingly.

Also, in this past decade I have noticed a shift in the female wardrobe where there seems to be a blend of night club attire mixed in with work clothes. It's totally different then a typical secretaries outfit of the 1950's which was hardly sexual in nature at all.

Ah man, I get the same reaction in dress pants, a blazer, and heels that I get in jeans or shorts, so your premise does not hold water. Maybe if I pulled my hair up in a hat or a hairnet and wore my clothes 5 sizes too big and no makeup, but hey I am not out to please or displease men. They just need to exercise self-control.

Old 03-20-2010, 09:00 PM

Quote:
Ah man, I get the same reaction in dress pants, a blazer, and heels that I get in jeans or shorts, so your premise does not hold water. Maybe if I pulled my hair up in a hat or a hairnet and wore my clothes 5 sizes too big and no makeup, but hey I am not out to please or displease men. They just need to exercise self-control.
lol, well you must be really good looking then... Count your blessings

Old 03-20-2010, 09:02 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,935,035 times
Quote:

Put an ice-pack in your pocket. ........That should control you. hahaha...or make you look like you may need a depend.

Old 03-20-2010, 09:07 PM

Quote:
lol, well you must be really good looking then... Count your blessings
Well, what I am trying to say is women should not have to worry about being hit upon and ogled all day just because of the way we do or do not dress. We are people not sex objects, and men should treat us more respectfully. If you want to ogle or view women as sex objects, go to a strip club. Don't treat women on the street in the same way as you would a woman who chooses to use her sexuality to get attention. You can speak but don't slobber, drool, or bark. If we are interested, we will let you know by our response.

Old 03-20-2010, 09:11 PM

2,115 posts, read 5,035,200 times
Quote:
To be fair, a lot of you women instigate it. When I'm in the streets, I see women who dress up in some really sexy, head turning, outfits.
I have no problem with attention, but yelling out extremely uncomfortable things at a woman - regardless of how she's dressed - is bad on the guy's part. Remember that little thing called self-control? Yes, she "may be asking for it," but I implore guys to employ decency and refrain from reducing her to a piece of meat. That said, a woman must be naive to believe that she can enter public in skintight, skin-baring clothes and walk around unnoticed. I understand that when I go somewhere after the gym and I'm still wearing yoga/workout pants, I will get the inevitable comments from a few guys. However, for someone to say that I'm wanting that attention would be absurd. I wear tight pants when I work out because a.) shorts ride up and b.) the pants don't get in the way of my workout by falling down, bunching up, or having extra material flapping about. It's for function, not attention. I work out with purpose at the gym and the last thing I want is my clothes proving to be bothersome.

Old 03-20-2010, 09:41 PM

Quote:
Well, what I am trying to say is women should not have to worry about being hit upon and ogled all day just because of the way we do or do not dress. We are people not sex objects, and men should treat us more respectfully. If you want to ogle or view women as sex objects, go to a strip club. Don't treat women on the street in the same way as you would a woman who chooses to use her sexuality to get attention. You can speak but don't slobber, drool, or bark. If we are interested, we will let you know by our response.
Yes Ma'am you're right.

Old 03-20-2010, 09:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mango tango View Post
I have no problem with attention, but yelling out extremely uncomfortable things at a woman - regardless of how she's dressed - is bad on the guy's part. Remember that little thing called self-control? Yes, she "may be asking for it," but I implore guys to employ decency and refrain from reducing her to a piece of meat. That said, a woman must be naive to believe that she can enter public in skintight, skin-baring clothes and walk around unnoticed. I understand that when I go somewhere after the gym and I'm still wearing yoga/workout pants, I will get the inevitable comments from a few guys. However, for someone to say that I'm wanting that attention would be absurd. I wear tight pants when I work out because a.) shorts ride up and b.) the pants don't get in the way of my workout by falling down, bunching up, or having extra material flapping about. It's for function, not attention. I work out with purpose at the gym and the last thing I want is my clothes proving to be bothersome.
Yes, I agree on all counts Mango.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships