Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-24-2010, 03:58 PM

4,164 posts, read 6,317,420 times

Advertisements

Saying that we want something is different than actually planning and preparing for "what we say we want." Can you imagine yourself being married?.... Can you visualize what your life might be like if you got married again?....What would you gain...and what might you lose? What changes would marriage create in your life.....and how would marriage affect your current lifestyle? Are you really ready to "share all?"....Just some things to think about....

Last edited by CArizona; 03-24-2010 at 04:37 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-24-2010, 04:02 PM

16,224 posts, read 25,669,385 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CArizona View Post
Saying that we want something is different that actually planning and preparing for "what we say we want." Can you imagine yourself being married?.... Can you visualize what your life might be like if you got married again?....What would you gain...and what might you lose? What changes would marriage create in your life.....and how would marriage affect your current lifestyle? Are you really ready to "share all?"....Just some things to think about....
I would hope to shout that someone that had marriage in mind, would be ready, and prepared for the consciences!

Old 03-24-2010, 04:32 PM

4,164 posts, read 6,317,420 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yankeegirl313 View Post
I would hope to shout that someone that had marriage in mind, would be ready, and prepared for the consciences!
When I was single I thought I was "more than ready" to get married again and I couldn't understand why things were taking so long...or why I kept meeting people that turned out to be "wrong" for me....Finally I started to make things a little more "real" and concrete in my mind...and less vague. This is when things started to turn-around because I "faced" all of the ways my life might change if I got married again and I felt ready to accept the changes and merge my life with someone else again....The work I did seemed to help me take myself and my future a little more seriously...It gave me a sense of power and maturity level that I don't think I had before.

Old 03-24-2010, 04:42 PM

22,339 posts, read 29,439,446 times
I honestly don't need a piece of paper to say I'm married but to the one person (love of my life) I would marry him in a heartbeat. It's all I've ever wanted for 15+ years and, yes, I would bear his child without a second thought..

Old 03-24-2010, 04:48 PM

3,337 posts, read 7,121,439 times
Marriage isn't something you jump into. It requires careful thought/planning; you have to be sure you can get through the good and bad times with your mate and at times, be willing to put yourself on the backburner for the sake of your spouse. I think I would gain a lot from marriage such as companionship; having someone to talk to about whatever, showing them the things that bring me joy, etc. The only thing I would lose possibly is my freedom, because you have to consider your spouse with everything you say/do, how it would affect them. If it's someone you truly love, you won't mind thinking of them in that manner because you know it would benefit the two of you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships