Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-25-2010, 06:35 AM

26,142 posts, read 31,197,348 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustJulia View Post
\I understand your hesitation and confusion, though. Just think carefully about what you want to do and whether you want to go down that road.
Agree, once you open that can of worms there is no going back. The link I just posted regarding the legalities of paternity testing also has some other good information about the whole process and things to consider.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-25-2010, 06:36 AM

13 posts, read 16,019 times
Default What is the real answer your looking for?

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmIParanoid? View Post
This might be the wrong forum. If so, I apologize.

Backstory... I recently found out my wife and her cousin (yes, her cousin) were texting back and forth about how they wanted to hold each other, kiss each other, craved each other, etc. She was pregnant at the time.

My guestimation is that the child was conceived around Christmas 2008. This was a time when we were getting along pretty well, however. Still, she went over to his house by herself. Naturally I didn't think anything of it, them being cousins and all.

The baby was born (slightly pre-mature) in August. I found out about the texts in October. The cousin lives in Florida, we live in Virginia. Niether has been exactly forthcoming about anything about the "relationship" and they don't have their details together. My wife says it was just talk, because she was feeling lonely and she and I weren't getting along. And that the talk was all it ever was, and that it had only gone on for about 6-7 months at that time (October).

Anyway, the baby has blue-ish greyish eyes. This eye color is dominant on my wifes mothers side of the family. In fact, when you look at Christmas pictures when all the extended family is there, most of the people have that eye color.

I have green eyes, my wife has greenish-hazel eyes. The cousin has the same eye color as the baby. None of the three other children have the same eye color.

I have a sick feeling that the child might not be mine, and that something might have happened when she was with him at Christmas. Am I being paranoid?
The bottom line here is what difference does it make?, How does it make you feel what she did to you in the first place. There are DNA packs you can actually order on the net if you really want to know, but I really think IF you
are questioning it, You already know. and if you don't can you live with the fact your WIFE WENT TO BED WITH HER COUSIN??? THAT LOW DOWN. SICK EVEN. Do you realize the baby can have learning disabilities you may not see now, but also accepting issues with the family knowing this is the DIRTY LITTLE SCERTE. THE CHILD WILL FIND OUT. THIS IS SOMETHING THAT DOES NOT STAY UNDER THE CARPET. You know who i feel sorry for Is the child out of this wild sticky mess. Then second you. Your wife is messed up and needs help. She sounds much like a sexual abuse victim that understands that's how you show love. You let me know if I am wrong. I am usually 100% on the dot. Woman that preform in this manner are either molested, sexually abused, and do not know any different and find it normal in there world. She needs to go to mental health because she could get sexual transmitted disease which in fact could harm you and your family. much love to you all phoenix if she needs me have her wright me. or if you do please send me a message. either way sleeping with your cousin is a huge sign of abnormal and a huge sign for HELP ME....... PS DID YOU ALL TELL THE DOCTOR ABOUT THIS SITUATION. THE POSSIBITIES OF STD'S (SEXUAL TRANSMITTED DISEASE) NOT ONLY CAN EFFECT YOU BUT YOUR CHILDREN ON YOU TOOTHBRUSHES, HERPES CANBE PASSED EASIER THAN THEY SAY. SYPILLIUS, AIDS, SO MANY. I WISH YOU ALL WELL PLEASE LET ME KNOW IF I CAN ANSWER QUESTION I USED TO BE RN, ESP IN LABOR AND DELIEVERY.

Old 03-25-2010, 06:39 AM

1,203 posts, read 1,983,856 times
Get the test.
One of my cousins was with his wife for 15 years.
The three youngest children of their five turned out not to be his.

Old 03-25-2010, 06:58 AM

4,507 posts, read 9,066,456 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AmIParanoid? View Post
My understanding of it was that a child doesn't take on its actual eye color until it is at least 2-3 months old. But that once it is 6-7 months (which he is) that the eye color should be defined.

I just find it strange that the three previous children do not have that eye color, my wife doesn't have that eye color, and I don't have that eye color.
You sound like someone on the Maury show right before they announce that you are, in fact, the Baby Daddy.
"Maury, that kid don't look nuthin' like me, ain't got my eyes or even my nose....and all my other chillin's gots my nose....but not this one. He ain't mine....his momma slept with her cousin....that's HIS nose on that baby's face. I just know it!!!"

You don't seem like the kind of person who can put it behind you so just do the test already. Let us know when you'll be on Maury....we all want to watch to see if the kid is yours.

FWIW, my DD looks more like my sister than like me. She doesn't look anything like my DH or his side of the family at all. She is the only one with hazel eyes on either side of the family and even her stature is unique, we're all tall and she is extremely petite. No, I didn't sleep with my cousin....sometimes kids just don't look like their parents, sometimes their eyes are a different color, sometimes they get a different nose or different stature. Either get on with the test or get over it.

Old 03-25-2010, 07:06 AM

8,262 posts, read 18,492,023 times
1st cousins? 2nd?

Old 03-25-2010, 07:09 AM

3,993 posts, read 8,930,290 times
Eye colour means nothing.
Neither does anything else.

I can relate to your story, having been there myself, with two kids.
I can't really advise you, it has to be your decision, but, if you decide you need to know, do it as soon as possible.

The longer you leave it, the more hurt it will cause either way.
It doesn't sound like your relationship is on the best footing, so be cautious about how you approach it.

If you have the test, be prepared for the result.

If the child's yours, then you could lose a marriage through suspicion and untrust.
If it's not, you'll almost certainly lose a marriage, and a child, but, you'll have the freedom of knowing you were right, and not having to worry, you can then move on with your life.

It's not a pleasant situation, I'm afraid, but the longer you have doubts, the longer it will continue to tear you apart, and, no matter how hard you try, it WILL affect your relationship with the child.

If you spend years keeping a child at arms length, in case it's not yours, then find out it IS, that damage cannot be undone, and, of course, if you get too close to a child which isn't yours, well, need I say more ?

Old 03-25-2010, 07:11 AM

191 posts, read 349,895 times
Posting a question on an internet forum asking hundreds of thousands of complete strangers if your wifes baby is yours...now I've really seen it all.

Old 03-25-2010, 07:26 AM

8,262 posts, read 18,492,023 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RUINER_SR4 View Post
Posting a question on an internet forum asking hundreds of thousands of complete strangers if your wifes baby is yours...now I've really seen it all.
Stick around Mr. Minnesota! You aint seen nothin yet!!!!Heck! This topic is light compared to some of the stuff we talk about!!!!! We have cross dressing men asking the ladies for fashion advice. Carpal tunnel inflicted chronic masturbaters. And lesbians who hate cross dressing masterbaters! Can you believe I'm actually getting paid to read this sh*t???????

Old 03-25-2010, 07:29 AM

3,993 posts, read 8,930,290 times
How do I get a job like that ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capt. Dan View Post
Can you believe I'm actually getting paid to read this sh*t???????

Old 03-25-2010, 07:32 AM

191 posts, read 349,895 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Capt. Dan View Post
Carpal tunnel inflicted chronic masturbaters.

I've been quietly reading a bunch of these threads and I must have missed this one. Hahaha.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships