Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-10-2009, 08:44 PM

1,571 posts, read 2,813,862 times

Advertisements

I'm wondering in those cases where the cheater never confessed him/herself and was rather caught in all the following ways:

1) The SO finds overwhelming evidence and catches their lies.
2) Someone tells the SO all about it and is true
3) SO find pictures or even life videos about them with the other person
4) The SO simply walks up to them, catching them right in the act

In everyday life, there are yet still people that even in either of those case have still stayed with the cheater, was willing to worked it out and eventually forgive them.
How is that possible esp. in #3 and 4 scenario which would be practically impossible to work out unless someone has more pain tolerant, I don't know???
But I heard that not everyone walks away, how do these people manage it anyways???
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-10-2009, 09:05 PM

85 posts, read 153,938 times
#2 scenario, stayed because of the love described in this thread. Unconditional love that was still there no matter what, even cheating.

How did it work out for the person caught cheating? I guess in her favor: she is now married to somebody else, kids, good job in a large company, seems happy.

Old 12-10-2009, 10:50 PM
Itz

714 posts, read 2,199,579 times
Simple:
Lifestyle!!!

Its an unconcious and sometimes concious thought process that the person who finds their SO has cheated on them goes through.. the hurt/the pain/ the "OMG What about me?" mentality...

Then they start the.. i thought loved me.. scenario.. which brings the boohoo and they ultimately try to get their SO to show/prove they love them.

go up the intelligence ladder and you get the... oh crap.. well.. that sucks.. I belive they love me, but I'm not leaving because I enjoy my lifestyle... all the while praying they keep it "under wraps"

If you REALLY listen to women (and men) when they have a cheating spouse/boyfriend... the main thing that is SOOO obvisouly clear is .. that spouse/boyfriend is paying for something... IE.. lifestyle..

case in point... i have a friend that has a So that hasn't "necessarily" cheated on her but has caused her significant distress... her attitude "I love him, and I know hes the one for me.... I just don't know why he can't understand that what he does hurts me...."... IN THE SAME BREATH... "he said he was going to give me money this week for bills, but I haven't gotten anything..."... "he really should move in with me because its ridiculous that hes paying rent and paying me for bills on top of that..."

now this is generalizations and does not include everyone... but if you listen to the conversations... you'll find that the whole "i can't believe they did xyz to me...'boohoo'" in the same breath.. within 5 minutes of "financial issues"

Generalizations and what i've seen

Old 12-10-2009, 10:54 PM

2,382 posts, read 4,592,852 times
I was on the receiving end of #1. We separated for 5 weeks and got back together for another couple of years. I took him back because I was naive, didn't want to be alone and thought I could just magically make it work. Didn't turn out that way. Honestly, when we got back together I knew in the bottom of my heart that it was pointless to even try...so when our marriage eventually ended it didn't affect me nearly as much as it would have if we hadn't had the break-up. Basically, I knew it was bound to happen again. And it did.

Live and learn.

Old 12-10-2009, 11:35 PM

4,837 posts, read 8,856,820 times
When it happens before the wedding?

Old 12-10-2009, 11:37 PM

3,400 posts, read 8,032,181 times
If it happens at all = Somebody's junk is getting glued to their stomach.

Old 12-11-2009, 04:06 AM

18,270 posts, read 14,433,444 times
Look at it this way. Some cheaters always know what to say to get their girlfriend/boyfriend to stay. While other cheaters have no clue and are constantly being dumped.

Old 12-11-2009, 12:26 PM

12,585 posts, read 16,955,404 times
If the ISO found something maybe she would leave.

Note to self: MMMMMMMMM

Old 12-11-2009, 12:56 PM

1,595 posts, read 2,988,118 times
For some people and in some situations the unknown, i.e. leaving the person, is a greater fear or stress factor than remaining in the relationship. We fear change.

Old 12-11-2009, 01:04 PM

10,214 posts, read 17,881,804 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunflower_lol View Post
I'm wondering in those cases where the cheater never confessed him/herself and was rather caught in all the following ways:

1) The SO finds overwhelming evidence and catches their lies.
2) Someone tells the SO all about it and is true
3) SO find pictures or even life videos about them with the other person
4) The SO simply walks up to them, catching them right in the act

In everyday life, there are yet still people that even in either of those case have still stayed with the cheater, was willing to worked it out and eventually forgive them.
How is that possible esp. in #3 and 4 scenario which would be practically impossible to work out unless someone has more pain tolerant, I don't know???
But I heard that not everyone walks away, how do these people manage it anyways???
Why does it matter how they found out? You don't work it out and forgive someone because you learn to forget or deny that it happened. What happened, happened, regardless of how you found out. The method of discovery is pure chance so what does it matter?

I can't say how someone can forgive cheating though... never been there so I can't comment. I can say I have never seen a relationship suffer from cheating and wind up stronger or just as strong as it was previously. From what I've seen, there is always some lingering fear, jealousy, insecurity, etc.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships