Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-10-2007, 01:04 AM

110 posts, read 588,577 times

Advertisements

I totally disagree with this analogy.

So why are the women apples who just sit there? Women don't have free will to choose their partners?!?!? It might as well be men who are the apples.

And I don't think most men will not go into a relationship with the fear of getting hurt. It seems like it's usually women who will say things like "I hate men. I'm turning lesbian". You'll never hear a man swear off women and turn gay.

The last part of the quote about stomping men is quite misandronistic. Imagine if the quote read like this:
Quote:
"Now Women.... Women are like a fine wine. They begin as grapes, and it's up to men to stomp the s**t out of them until they turn into something acceptable to have dinner with.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-10-2007, 01:08 AM

923 posts, read 3,513,393 times
Thumbs down That is so Cute...

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonten View Post
Hey ladies! what do you think of this

Women are like apples on trees.
The best ones are at the top of the tree. Most men don't want to reach for the good ones because they are afraid of falling and getting hurt. Instead, they sometimes take the apples from the ground that aren't as good, but easy. The apples at the top think something is wrong with them, when in reality, they're amazing. They just have to wait for the right person to come along, the one who is brave enough to climb all the way to the top of the tree.
Now Men.... Men are like a fine wine. They begin as grapes, and it's up to women to stomp the s**t out of them until they turn into something acceptable to have dinner with.
NOT>>>

You get an F- "Chump"...

Old 06-10-2007, 05:05 AM

1,942 posts, read 8,491,088 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mainebrokerman View Post
mrs,,from the pictures i saw,,you are definitely a red delicious!
Well thank you very much mbm, but, I do have some personality flaws

Old 06-11-2007, 01:10 PM

549 posts, read 2,384,927 times
I do say "Hi" in a very delicate manner when a guy looks at me. Yet I won't go past that because I am afraid of rejection or looking like a dunce. The other side of me the "ballsy hot mama" tells me to go ahead. If he does not like me then his loss not mine. It's hard fo rme to be the agressor. I flirt with my eyes! Probably most men are scared of falling in the persuit of trying to pick the choice apple. Maybe it can give me a sense of closure why so many nice guys end up with really mean girls.

Old 06-11-2007, 03:16 PM

19,969 posts, read 30,222,115 times
i still say there should be a female universal gesture,,,so i guy would know she's is, or might be interested in him,,,i vote for a quick lift of the shirt and a smile..

Old 06-11-2007, 03:35 PM

72,417 posts, read 18,202,018 times
We should all (men & women) be at the top of the branch,there are those who don't care that goes all the way down to the bottom. If the ones at the bottom don't care to climb then it's their problem. Some of us will learn.If they don't really care to get a nice person,because they don't want their partner to be better than themselves. true or not?

Old 06-11-2007, 10:54 PM
JMX

313 posts, read 1,175,258 times
The only men picking apples these days are illegal immigrants.

And besides, a quality man would never put up with a woman who thinks she needs to stomp the sh** out of him. Even if it's said jokingly, she must harbor some anger or resentment towards men, and sooner or later that will affect the relationship. A smart man knows this and will walk away.

Old 06-11-2007, 11:28 PM

72,417 posts, read 18,202,018 times
You are probably right JMX! I didn't want you guys to be so offended. I posted this because it was from my email.

Old 06-12-2007, 08:40 PM

549 posts, read 2,384,927 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JMX View Post
The only men picking apples these days are illegal immigrants.

And besides, a quality man would never put up with a woman who thinks she needs to stomp the sh** out of him. Even if it's said jokingly, she must harbor some anger or resentment towards men, and sooner or later that will affect the relationship. A smart man knows this and will walk away.
This is what I also feel. There are many angry people out there, and at the end of the day everyone has their own "cross" to bear. One can truly miss out by holding resentment towards the opposite sex because of the past esperiences. Luckily I found inner-peace with myself. Whenever I meet someone new, that person becames sort of a "blank canvas", and let them show me who he is. Learned not to taint it by introducing a "past grudge". My question is where are the intelligent men out there?

Old 06-12-2007, 08:44 PM

15,603 posts, read 39,829,023 times
Don't look at me. I just spent the last 16 years in hiding. How dumb is that? But then, had I not done that...I may very well have missed the opportunity to surround myself with all you wonderfull ladies on this forum. So it's not all bad...and I may not be as dumb as I think I am.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships