Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-07-2010, 11:20 AM

22,339 posts, read 29,439,446 times

Advertisements

So I went to my parents house today as I normally do everyday to see whats going on, etc. There was a telephone repair guy in the front yard. He rang the doorbell and I was like HELLO!!! Even my 73 year old mother was like HELLO!! So he had to finish up working outside and came back to the door. My mom flirted with him and it was funny to see him turn red. So he left but his van was still in the driveway. My mom and I were sitting there discussing how hot he was and I was like Eff it!! I'm going out there...So I did. I introduced myself and asked if he was single. He said he was seperated from the wife entering a divorce. So I said "Here take my number and if you're interested in having drinks or need to talk, call me" He was blushed and it was nice and funny to see that. He said he liked my mother and thought I was attractive but didn't want to say anything.

So we'll see. Match didn't prove successful so maybe this way will, LOL. You know, sometimes you just gotta do it! You never know what may happen..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-07-2010, 11:42 AM

2,618 posts, read 6,163,797 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by himain View Post
So I went to my parents house today as I normally do everyday to see whats going on, etc. There was a telephone repair guy in the front yard. He rang the doorbell and I was like HELLO!!! Even my 73 year old mother was like HELLO!! So he had to finish up working outside and came back to the door. My mom flirted with him and it was funny to see him turn red. So he left but his van was still in the driveway. My mom and I were sitting there discussing how hot he was and I was like Eff it!! I'm going out there...So I did. I introduced myself and asked if he was single. He said he was seperated from the wife entering a divorce. So I said "Here take my number and if you're interested in having drinks or need to talk, call me" He was blushed and it was nice and funny to see that. He said he liked my mother and thought I was attractive but didn't want to say anything.

So we'll see. Match didn't prove successful so maybe this way will, LOL. You know, sometimes you just gotta do it! You never know what may happen..
This is a great move for yourself, I wish more women did this. It's never really a bad thing to let someone know you're interested, especially if you know you'll never run into them again. Good for you.

As for match being unsuccessful, it can't hurt to keep pursuing men this way AND keep an open profile on Match. You never really know who or when you'll meet someone that has a special impact. Honestly, I don't feel like you gave match a fair shake, I've been on it a year and I just now me someone I feel has POTENTIAL for an LTR. I almost quit it again but stuck with it and next day did some emails and it got me this far. But good job overall, hope he calls, his situation would be the main thing holding him back, but at least you put yourself out there. It takes gutts, I give you props.

Old 04-07-2010, 11:55 AM

3,849 posts, read 9,424,911 times
Darn. I KNEW I should've hit on the Dish guy when he was over installing my satellite dish!!! He was very good looking and I didn't mind seeing him at work in his uniform all sweaty and...WHEW!

Old 04-07-2010, 12:24 PM

191 posts, read 349,813 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cdubs3201 View Post
This is a great move for yourself, I wish more women did this. It's never really a bad thing to let someone know you're interested, especially if you know you'll never run into them again. Good for you.
I second this. Good for you himain.

Old 04-07-2010, 12:31 PM

22,339 posts, read 29,439,446 times
Well thank you. I KNEW if I didn't say something, I would be kicking myself in the azz later.

See this happened many years ago. I had a cable guy come to my apt and he was HOT!!! I was in a so so relationship and the sparks flew during the repair time. He even called me after he left and asked for my number. I, like a complete idiot, told him I had a bf and thanks anyways. My relationship ended a month later and I totally kicked myself in the azz over it for months. So I wasn't going to let it happen again!

Old 04-07-2010, 12:58 PM

993 posts, read 2,291,969 times
Good for you! Let us know if he calls!

Old 04-07-2010, 01:05 PM

26,142 posts, read 31,189,782 times
Here's something that went out of style years ago, but is making a comback and that's "Personal Calling Cards"

Crane's - Calling Cards

Victorian De Witt & Co. :: Victorian Calling Cards

Old 04-07-2010, 01:16 PM

37,618 posts, read 46,016,337 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by himain View Post
Well thank you. I KNEW if I didn't say something, I would be kicking myself in the azz later.
A totally EXCELLENT move.

Old 04-07-2010, 01:18 PM

37,618 posts, read 46,016,337 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thursday007 View Post
Here's something that went out of style years ago, but is making a comback and that's "Personal Calling Cards"

Crane's - Calling Cards

Victorian De Witt & Co. :: Victorian Calling Cards
Oooh...I love these!!

Old 04-07-2010, 01:25 PM

3,169 posts, read 5,165,276 times
I could never do this. I've never, ever approached a guy before.

Kudos to you!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships