Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-11-2010, 08:37 AM

3,688 posts, read 5,015,164 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redisca View Post
Indeed. But it's not hopeless, you know. You just have to realize that it's okay for women to be slightly more complicated than vending machines (put a few quarters in the top slot, push a button, reach for the bottom slot to catch candy -- heaven, sheer heaven!); and that, if a woman who likes wearing pink panties won't, nevertheless, drive a pink car, those things aren't actually "opposing". I understand dealing with a human being may be more frustrating than operating a simple appliance -- but if you just resign yourself to the fact that she is human, it will all get easier, I promise you.

I wish I had it all figured out like you, instead of scratching my arse and sniffing my fingers before I fall off my tree branch...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-11-2010, 08:37 AM

19,046 posts, read 25,199,065 times
I just love the "Post a photograph so we may view you". It brings images to mind of fools chewing on dried lead paint.

Old 04-11-2010, 08:41 AM

3,633 posts, read 5,790,822 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by max's mama View Post
I agree.
I've said it time and time again that I love smart ambitious men and many of them can make good money and do well financially, or have a potential to do well financially.

Once I was dating this guy who was a trust fund baby and never worked a day in his life. Money were coming out of his ears, but I couldn't be with him. He was just so spoiled.

So it's not the money that women are attracted to, but certain qualities that make men successful.

I agree with this in theory, but in reality there just aren't the same opportunities in life for everyone because there are only a certain amount of jobs for a large amount of men. I'm in college right now just finishing it up. But there are lots of people in my field for computer networking and only a few jobs if any right now due to the economy. My chances of getting a job in this field now depend on the experience of my competition and other factors. I have never had experience in this field, but I am trying so lets say I get the degree and somehow don't find a job in the field for years. Does that make me a loser?

Old 04-11-2010, 08:43 AM

3,633 posts, read 5,790,822 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyiMetro View Post
Look women want men with money = fact

Why do they lie about it? Because they dont want to be veiwed as objects.

Moneys gets you Cars, Clothes, Power, Property & Women.....

Being broke gets you nothing.

They say we treat them like objects, but it takes money to have OBJECTS.

There are many humane women left that are not gold diggers hiding behind the "I want stability" lie....we as men just have to locate them. Getting upset about it is wasteful. Gold diggers serve a purpose.

I feel u man...You can paint a terd gold all you want but everyone knows what is it is on the inside

Old 04-11-2010, 08:58 AM

12,573 posts, read 15,567,603 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Braunwyn View Post
I just love the "Post a photograph so we may view you". It brings images to mind of fools chewing on dried lead paint.
...............and for the sole purpose of labeling & passing judgement on person in said photograph.

Old 04-11-2010, 09:03 AM

19,046 posts, read 25,199,065 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WFW&P View Post
...............and for the sole purpose of labeling & passing judgement on person in said photograph.
Yep and he and his king's court of non-recyclable used goods can sit and confer with eachother via unlearned mens speak. It's so stupid that I almost couldn't even respond to it.

Old 04-11-2010, 09:22 AM

9,444 posts, read 17,387,283 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RazorRob305 View Post
I agree with this in theory, but in reality there just aren't the same opportunities in life for everyone because there are only a certain amount of jobs for a large amount of men. I'm in college right now just finishing it up. But there are lots of people in my field for computer networking and only a few jobs if any right now due to the economy. My chances of getting a job in this field now depend on the experience of my competition and other factors. I have never had experience in this field, but I am trying so lets say I get the degree and somehow don't find a job in the field for years. Does that make me a loser?
No, because I'm confident that you can find the way to make money in other ways. That's what makes a man successful - being a hustler. You can't always rely on your college degree. Sometimes you need to look outside the box.

Old 04-11-2010, 10:02 AM

4,837 posts, read 8,857,762 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by max's mama
I agree.
I've said it time and time again that I love smart ambitious men and many of them can make good money and do well financially, or have a potential to do well financially.

Once I was dating this guy who was a trust fund baby and never worked a day in his life. Money were coming out of his ears, but I couldn't be with him. He was just so spoiled.

So it's not the money that women are attracted to, but certain qualities that make men successful.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RazorRob305 View Post
max's mama:
I knew a number of such guys during my college days and I'm sure that there were some women who were not interested in them. However, that was hardly an issue for them because the rest were lining up for an opportunity.

You probably made the right decision. My mother occasionally makes comments about her life would have worked out better if she had only been more proactive about going after such men she knew when young. I often wonder how it really would have worked out. The grass is always greener.....

RazorRob:

I really feel for you. I entered the work force just as all the problems of the 80s really hit home. Having the best skills in the world really made little difference then. Most employers used what little hiring they did to hire those they always wanted - good looking females. Nepotism accounted for the rest of those hired. All I can say is that (with any luck) things will get better. However, get used to the idea that your career will be permanently stunted. You'll need to be smarter with your money.

The good thing - this isn't difficult to do but it may make getting married much more difficult. Women believe that being frugal is "cheap" and that ranks right up there with lacking "confidence". We've just come off more than a decade of shop til you drop and this is still the standard women aspire to.

If we had 5 years of an economic melt down like in the 1930s, this might change attitudes for the better, but I don't see this happening.

Old 04-11-2010, 10:05 AM

12,573 posts, read 15,567,603 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by braunwyn View Post
yep and he and his king's court of non-recyclable used goods can sit and confer with eachother via unlearned mens speak. It's so stupid that i almost couldn't even respond to it.
lmao! :d

Old 04-11-2010, 10:14 AM

4,837 posts, read 8,857,762 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Urban Sasquatch View Post
I wish I had it all figured out like you, instead of scratching my arse and sniffing my fingers before I fall off my tree branch...
Great post. I tried to rep you but no luck. Redisca really can lay the bull on quite thick. I suppose all her feminist inspired BS helps her get through the day as a divorce lawyer.

What constantly amuses me about her is how she makes these blanket condemnations of men (well nearly all men) that don't even come close to applying to me. She's typical of the type of women for whom, no man is really good enough....unless he's in a film or TV show.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships