Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-08-2007, 04:10 PM

47 posts, read 39,254 times

Advertisements

I don't know Pirate girl, it's hard being single at my age (mid 40s). It seems like men only want the 21-26 yr olds that are looking for a sugar daddy. Why is it that? Experience should count for something.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-08-2007, 04:25 PM

1,697 posts, read 3,481,805 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pirate girl View Post
I think younger might be harder- people are less comfortable in their own skin and really struggle with being alone. When I was younger I hated being alone and would take the first loser who came along. Now that I'm older and wiser I find myself being more particular---- and I have learned that I don't need any man to validate my self worth.

And by the way I'm a divorced single mom in my 30s and I consider myself a great catch. I'm rather offended by the comments above.
I tried to send you some rep, but it said I had to spread it around first. This sums up exactly how I feel. I felt like a loser when I was single and in my 20s-like the odd man out. Now that I've been married and realize that when it's not a good marriage, marriage ain't all that- my perspective is much different I'd like a relationship, but not for the sake of having a relationship. I'll enjoy my single-ness until that happens

Old 06-08-2007, 04:26 PM

2,180 posts, read 5,421,662 times
For what it's worth, not all us guys are like that. I'd rather find someone between the ages of 28-47. On the lower end because I still think about wanting kids someday, and I know it's harder for women as they get to be my age. On the upper end, I want someone I can relate to, and who knows who Karen Carpenter was.

Old 06-08-2007, 04:52 PM

283 posts, read 1,384,442 times
21 for me in Illinois. All the best girls are taken. And normally they end up married or staying in a relationship for as long as possible. And once they are single they still won't want a thing with me

Old 06-08-2007, 04:54 PM

1,712 posts, read 4,233,051 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mexi-in-Arlington-Heights View Post
21 for me in Illinois. All the best girls are taken. And normally they end up married or staying in a relationship for as long as possible. And once they are single they still won't want a thing with me
There has to be single women in Illinois. Come on, it's not like they marry on their 18th birthday.

Old 06-08-2007, 05:00 PM

644 posts, read 3,321,058 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crystalblue View Post
has got to be the thirtys

the babes are either all married, or divorced with young kids.

blech
You must be writing from the midwest or something? If you're concerned that all the babes are married, come to california, we have a much higher turnover and you're sure to find a vacancy!

A.

Old 06-08-2007, 05:08 PM

283 posts, read 1,384,442 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DCNative View Post
There has to be single women in Illinois. Come on, it's not like they marry on their 18th birthday.
Some of the best women I have met are married. And they are in they are 20 or younger(not any less than 18). I am not saying that their aren't single women here just not really the girls I'd like to be dating, and vice-versa.

Old 06-08-2007, 06:43 PM

3,982 posts, read 10,462,106 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by artichoke63 View Post
You must be writing from the midwest or something? If you're concerned that all the babes are married, come to california, we have a much higher turnover and you're sure to find a vacancy!

A.

id like to, its just too dang pricey!

Old 06-08-2007, 06:48 PM

3,982 posts, read 10,462,106 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pirate girl View Post
I think younger might be harder- people are less comfortable in their own skin and really struggle with being alone. When I was younger I hated being alone and would take the first loser who came along. Now that I'm older and wiser I find myself being more particular---- and I have learned that I don't need any man to validate my self worth.

And by the way I'm a divorced single mom in my 30s and I consider myself a great catch. I'm rather offended by the comments above.
sorry, but alot of us guys dont want the hassle of kids..

Old 06-08-2007, 07:04 PM

15,603 posts, read 39,829,023 times
Kids are not a hassle. Matter of fact they are easy. I raised 2 on my own. I want to raise 2 more. You obviously don't look at a woman and see a woman. You just see a mother with kids or what some call baggage. To bad so sad. And you wonder why your not getting any.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships