Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-17-2010, 09:18 AM

1,203 posts, read 1,983,216 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by betamanlet View Post
I've never seen Sex and the City. But I am curious, did they ever have STD scare episodes? Or in the show, is the promiscuous lives they lived, consequence free?
I am a guy and the show was pretty funny.
Then again I thought Kim Cattrall and the redheaded attorney woman were pretty attractive.
But no STD scares.

The people I know who have sex with different people on a regular basis are not really concerned too much about STD;s except for a full screening every few months.
Not that this represents anyone else outside those limits, but I have this suspicion that if promiscuous people worried overmuch about STD's they would be trying to settle down with one person.

And when some start worrying, they do.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-17-2010, 01:52 PM

7,364 posts, read 14,676,925 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by betamanlet View Post
is that any better or worse than the cocaine that NYC women love so much?
I'm a 40 year old divorced who works in a field so liberal I could show up to work blitzed out of my mind on Monday and no one would care, so I'd know about this as well as anyone. I have seen coke pulled out in a social situation 1 time within the past five years - in a corporate box at Madison Square Garden. The days of sitting around casually doing coke ended decades ago.

Might I suggest you leave the house every now and again, meet people and learn about the real world for a change? Because the fantasies you keep coming up with are way off the mark.

Old 04-17-2010, 02:07 PM

7,364 posts, read 14,676,925 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nichirenx View Post
I am a guy and the show was pretty funny.
Then again I thought Kim Cattrall and the redheaded attorney woman were pretty attractive.
But no STD scares.

The people I know who have sex with different people on a regular basis are not really concerned too much about STD;s except for a full screening every few months.
Not that this represents anyone else outside those limits, but I have this suspicion that if promiscuous people worried overmuch about STD's they would be trying to settle down with one person.

And when some start worrying, they do.
Actually there were several STD scares as well as an unplanned pregnancy. The red head had chlamydia, there was a scene in which she called all the guys she had sex with to tell them. The nice girl Charlotte had crabs. Kim Cattrall's character had to get an HIV test.

Old 04-17-2010, 02:17 PM

400 posts, read 849,805 times
I watched that sex and city show a lot with my wife for awhile. The characters are all such horrible people it can be kind of amusing.

Old 04-17-2010, 03:06 PM

1,452 posts, read 3,171,703 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nichirenx View Post
I would be curious to know why a man is accused of only having masturbation as an option if he expresses his distaste at having met or heard about some scandalous women?

Isn't that opinion from you as a woman a representation of the very idea that you abhor in a man?

Do I smell a continuation of another double standard here...

lolz

I have met great women and women whom I would not give the sweat off my testicles were they dehydrated.

I see it more as the guys being tired and fed up as some women are.
And the internet giving men a medium to express this without an attached social stigma of being 'whiny wimps' as some are referred to here.

Whether its through their own choices, or just lack of positive opportunity, some people of both genders actually have reasons to gripe.

Because believe it or not, some people just have a messed up set of circumstances beyond their control at all levels.

I will just bet, if the USA would have been a society where wealth and title were passed through women instead of men, we would have women on here griping about not wanting to buy drinks for men.

lolz.
I can't imagine that every single guy out there is able to run around banging some chick every night, most are not smart enough, hot enough, or rich enough to attract enough women for this, or even know enough about what to do in bed to sustain that for very long.....

I'm saying that I bet statistically speaking they are spending most if not all of their nights either with their other male friends or alone, not with some female companion in their bed. I am speaking from personal experience, I know several guys who while bemoaning the fact that they can't find anyone, turn away really decent, attractive, successful women after brief sporadic periods of dating. Nothing lasts more than a few months or so for them, they bail as soon as it actually starts to resemble a relationship, so you can't tell me that it's because they can't find anyone. They simply just don't want the commitment.

And no matter what anyone says, I don't believe that it is possible as a single guy to maintain the lifestyle of casual sex forever. As I said before, that pool dries up a lot after 40. Not saying being married guarantees you sex either, but the chances of having women in your bed on a regular basis diminish with age/time, and vice versa.

All I'm saying is that for the men who are bashing and bashing women as gold-diggers and proclaiming that they never want to be bothered getting married or having a kid in any way, I wonder how many of them truly mean it or it is just their bitterness showing.....Maybe we should interview them in 20 years and see what they are saying then....just curious as to how many of them will still be happy and not lacking in companionship, vs. lonely and depressed.

I guess it depends on how fulfilling their lives are and what interests they manage to pursue, but it is human nature to crave contact with other humans, and sometimes the kind you can't get from your buddies. Unless you go both ways...lol..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships