Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Would you tell him/her he's being used all along?
No I would keep my mouth shup... sadly possibly carry this to my grave 2 66.67%
Yes.. I don't like lies nor games, not even from my parents 1 33.33%
I would be hesitant... it's a tough position so I don't know 0 0%
Voters: 3. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-25-2010, 12:53 PM

1,571 posts, read 2,813,488 times

Advertisements

Let's say they only used him/her for whatever type of purpose/reason and you know it from the start (and not because of fondness), would you inform your SO about it or carry it to your grave?
In this case, it's better to be the silent type and say nothing about it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-25-2010, 01:01 PM

791 posts, read 1,426,271 times
maybe he knows it and puts up with it because he loves you.....ever consider that?

Old 04-25-2010, 01:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamthere View Post
maybe he knows it and puts up with it because he loves you.....ever consider that?
Yeah that's a good possibility. Ahhh.... I'm getting too old and tired of melodramas.

Old 04-25-2010, 01:44 PM

28,895 posts, read 54,157,635 times
Your OP is way too vague for me to judge. Since nobody here knows you, your parents, or your SO, why don't you just lay it out there so we can make an informed decision?

Old 04-25-2010, 02:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpg35223 View Post
Your OP is way too vague for me to judge. Since nobody here knows you, your parents, or your SO, why don't you just lay it out there so we can make an informed decision?
Let's say he was being used as a guide towards my future only as well as status (though he's not a college student but I don't care, at least I'm for real).. while my intentions are sincere, then telling will cause nothing but further problems. What if telling the secret jeopardizes the relationship (you with your SO as well as him/her with your parents) completely to the point it's irreversible?

Old 04-25-2010, 02:20 PM

28,895 posts, read 54,157,635 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunflower_lol View Post
Let's say he was being used as a guide towards my future only as well as status (though he's not a college student but I don't care, at least I'm for real).. while my intentions are sincere, then telling will cause nothing but further problems. What if telling the secret jeopardizes the relationship (you with your SO as well as him/her with your parents) completely to the point it's irreversible?
That's still pretty vague. Assume we're all nitwits here and spell it out.

Old 04-25-2010, 02:33 PM

1,988 posts, read 5,385,202 times
Do you mean that they approve of you dating him because they think he is a "good catch"? That's pretty typical of a lot of parents.
And you are worried that if they find out a certain something about him (or about your relationship with him) that they won't think that any more? That's also pretty typical.
Why does it matter what they think? Are you underage or something?

Old 04-25-2010, 02:43 PM

10,172 posts, read 20,782,217 times
It's nearly impossible to answer your question without the messy details.

Old 04-25-2010, 02:58 PM

16,077 posts, read 28,557,959 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunflower_lol View Post
Yeah that's a good possibility. Ahhh.... I'm getting too old and tired of melodramas.
LOL....

wouldn't want to give an answer without knowing a bit more, using, to some degree (though I hate use that term), is something ppl do.

Old 04-25-2010, 03:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eresh View Post
Do you mean that they approve of you dating him because they think he is a "good catch"? That's pretty typical of a lot of parents.
And you are worried that if they find out a certain something about him (or about your relationship with him) that they won't think that any more? That's also pretty typical.
Why does it matter what they think? Are you underage or something?
Nope I'm not underage but I'm planning to finish my studies on US. That's the reason they're into pretending to be all cool with him. Hopefully he never finds this post here (since he doesn't know this sn, he won't find me).

Lastly, nope they don't think too positive of him (there was never any type of fondness, it's rather the opposite).. it's all about pretending. Basically he's a tool being used.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships