Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-26-2010, 10:28 AM

9,230 posts, read 16,554,343 times

Advertisements

My guy and I were talking about how we met and the different responses we received online. I've shared a few with you folks already, but I shared this one with him over the weekend (along with some other goofy ones). It was right when I made the decision to choose him.

I was set to meet this one guy in a few days. I had asked him prior to this to send me a description again and he did. He said he was 5'7", 145, caucasian, etc. I didn't get a photo, and that was fine with me, but other than that, I really didn't know if he was attractive or not. He was also 38, which is on the younger side for me, but I was willing to overlook that.

So, I wrote to him one evening, telling him that I found someone, thanked him for his time and wished him well. I received an email shortly after that read "Good luck!". It seemed kind of short, but I didn't read too much into it.

The following morning, I received this:

Sorry....but this will be my last email..I'm confused. U said u were looking for a relationship with a financially secure man....or that's what u said! I am that man.....I'm not buying ur story! Sorry. If looks were an issue...u should have said that upfront. I'm not unattractive by no means....and I do have the money! I must admit....I'm a little disappointed in u! That's a small amount of effort on ur part. Plus....u still don't know what I really look like! U should be honest up front...we can handle it!

If u change ur mind.....let me know....I might still be interested.......there are lots of hot girls our there that would die for this offer.

Good luck!

He was challenging me, it was like a pre-pubescent dare.

Apparently, he thought the description was what put him out of the running, but he had already sent it once before and it didn't bother me. Regardless, none of this made any sense to me and I told him as much.

1) Height, weight, hair/eye color and age does not offer up how attractive or unattractive someone is, and I never required a photo, so how am I concerned with looks?

2) Not choosing him didn't mean I lied about what I was looking for.

3) I was under no obligation to pursue anything with anyone for any set amount of time.

4) He was not the only man I was talking to or the only man offering.

He responded with how he must have hit a sore spot, he's not interested in me at all and wished me luck. LOL.

I remember thinking how I dodged a bullet. Hunny apologized for not coming along sooner...lol.

Seriously, did he really think this was going to change my mind or was his point to make me feel small for rejecting him and he really didn't want me to change my mind? OR, did he want me to feel small and still want me to change my mind?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-26-2010, 10:33 AM

25,901 posts, read 42,724,515 times
Probably the latter. The former would have been more of a "Yeah, whatever, I didn't want you anyway" with some nasty names thrown in.

Choc, PLEASE tell me you don't do the "u/ur" thing.

Old 04-26-2010, 10:37 AM

2,942 posts, read 6,010,159 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PassTheChocolate View Post
My guy and I were talking about how we met and the different responses we received online. I've shared a few with you folks already, but I shared this one with him over the weekend (along with some other goofy ones). It was right when I made the decision to choose him.

I was set to meet this one guy in a few days. I had asked him prior to this to send me a description again and he did. He said he was 5'7", 145, caucasian, etc. I didn't get a photo, and that was fine with me, but other than that, I really didn't know if he was attractive or not. He was also 38, which is on the younger side for me, but I was willing to overlook that.

So, I wrote to him one evening, telling him that I found someone, thanked him for his time and wished him well. I received an email shortly after that read "Good luck!". It seemed kind of short, but I didn't read too much into it.

The following morning, I received this:

Sorry....but this will be my last email..I'm confused. U said u were looking for a relationship with a financially secure man....or that's what u said! I am that man.....I'm not buying ur story! Sorry. If looks were an issue...u should have said that upfront. I'm not unattractive by no means....and I do have the money! I must admit....I'm a little disappointed in u! That's a small amount of effort on ur part. Plus....u still don't know what I really look like! U should be honest up front...we can handle it!

If u change ur mind.....let me know....I might still be interested.......there are lots of hot girls our there that would die for this offer.

Good luck!

He was challenging me, it was like a pre-pubescent dare.

Apparently, he thought the description was what put him out of the running, but he had already sent it once before and it didn't bother me. Regardless, none of this made any sense to me and I told him as much.

1) Height, weight, hair/eye color and age does not offer up how attractive or unattractive someone is, and I never required a photo, so how am I concerned with looks?

2) Not choosing him didn't mean I lied about what I was looking for.

3) I was under no obligation to pursue anything with anyone for any set amount of time.

4) He was not the only man I was talking to or the only man offering.

He responded with how he must have hit a sore spot, he's not interested in me at all and wished me luck. LOL.

I remember thinking how I dodged a bullet. Hunny apologized for not coming along sooner...lol.

Seriously, did he really think this was going to change my mind or was his point to make me feel small for rejecting him and he really didn't want me to change my mind? OR, did he want me to feel small and still want me to change my mind?
You dodged a huge one- wow, what a nut-job!

Old 04-26-2010, 10:38 AM

25,901 posts, read 42,724,515 times
And the "I might still interested" is such BS. He probably wants you to apologize and give him a chance so he can reject you and laugh.

Old 04-26-2010, 10:38 AM

26,142 posts, read 31,201,093 times
Oh he felt rejected and wanted to make you feel bad other wise he wouldn't have sent two emails. It's like he was tossing and turning all night trying to figure out a way to tell you what a b#tch you are for rejecting him. The only thing different I would have done was not responded to him at all, because it gave him the opportunity he wanted to be the dumper at least in his mind. It is pretty funny though LOL.

Old 04-26-2010, 10:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustJulia View Post
Probably the latter. The former would have been more of a "Yeah, whatever, I didn't want you anyway" with some nasty names thrown in.

Choc, PLEASE tell me you don't do the "u/ur" thing.
LOL....no I don't. He was actually emailing from his cell phone, but he never did that before either. This was really not typical of our conversations before hand. I have really been fortunate enough to bring this out of them before meeting, for the most part.

Old 04-26-2010, 10:42 AM

10,172 posts, read 20,792,061 times
Another wackadoo that shouldn't be allowed to own a computer. Some of these dudes you ladies share stories about are scary. And at 38 he shouldn't be using u & ur to communicate like a 14 year old, but then again, his reaction was similar to how a 14 year would have reacted so yes, you certainly dodged a bullet.

Old 04-26-2010, 10:48 AM

26,142 posts, read 31,201,093 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coolhand68 View Post
Another wackadoo that shouldn't be allowed to own a computer. Some of these dudes you ladies share stories about are scary. And at 38 he shouldn't be using u & ur to communicate like a 14 year old, but then again, his reaction was similar to how a 14 year would have reacted so yes, you certainly dodged a bullet.
Even Ted Bundy was described as being nice, attractive and charismatic by the people who met him...so, you just never know.

Old 04-26-2010, 10:49 AM

19,012 posts, read 29,737,409 times
And the next, and the next, every dude is a bullet you dodge, and everybody here will applaud you.

I for one find this series highly entertaining.

But I hope you don't keep dodging bullets when I log into city-data, ten years later

Old 04-26-2010, 10:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thursday007 View Post
Oh he felt rejected and wanted to make you feel bad other wise he wouldn't have sent two emails. It's like he was tossing and turning all night trying to figure out a way to tell you what a b#tch you are for rejecting him. The only thing different I would have done was not responded to him at all, because it gave him the opportunity he wanted to be the dumper at least in his mind. It is pretty funny though LOL.
It's like they all go to the same school, throw out the same lines and think it isn't transparent. Really, the same lines and they say it with conviction, like they just made it up themselves.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships