Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-05-2010, 05:08 PM

12,974 posts, read 33,987,767 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PassTheChocolate View Post
If you are in a relationship with someone who has children, do you buy them gifts or do something special for him/her for Mother's/Father's Day? Or do you reserve that holiday for your parents or the actual parent of your children?
I never did anything for my wife on Mothers Day because she was not the mother of my child back then. Saying a simple "Happy Mothers Day" was the extent of what I would do for her, same as I would treat any other mothers I knew. Even though we were married and her son would be with us 3 days of the week, I didnt think it appropriate for me to do anything for her for mothers day and she agreed.

I dont think that because you are in a relationship with someone who has kids, it means you should do something for them for Mothers Day. That is something that should be reserved for the father of the child and the child. Not the boyfriend or new husband (step father). Thats just how I look at it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-26-2017, 09:30 AM

1 posts, read 639 times
Yes they should buy you something after all his the biggest kid in the house. We do their cooking, cleaning , washing , ironing, plan their Drs appointments, the list goes on. So too bloody right we deserve recognition on Mother's Day ...... but like the last post I got " why should I your not my mother ".... so I hope he remembers that when I tell him he do all his own stuff from now on. After all I'm not his mother! Also I hope he remembers he will no longer get anything from me on Father's Day as His not my FATHER.

Old 03-27-2017, 12:51 PM

8,170 posts, read 6,045,121 times
I only buy flowers and a gift for my parents. I receive nothing as my children do not have funds to go shopping. I buy myself a gift just as I do at Christmas time.

Old 03-27-2017, 12:53 PM

8,170 posts, read 6,045,121 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaoTzuMindFu View Post
I never did anything for my wife on Mothers Day because she was not the mother of my child back then. Saying a simple "Happy Mothers Day" was the extent of what I would do for her, same as I would treat any other mothers I knew. Even though we were married and her son would be with us 3 days of the week, I didnt think it appropriate for me to do anything for her for mothers day and she agreed.

I dont think that because you are in a relationship with someone who has kids, it means you should do something for them for Mothers Day. That is something that should be reserved for the father of the child and the child. Not the boyfriend or new husband (step father). Thats just how I look at it.
I disagree. Especially if the father of the child is an idiot and they are not on friendly terms. If you live with the child, you should take it upon yourself to help the child buy a card or small flower to present to the mom (your gf/wife).

Old 03-28-2017, 03:05 PM

737 posts, read 454,421 times
I personally would want my SO celebrate Mother's Day with me since my kid is too young, and my ex won't. I'd celebrate Father's Day with my SO if he had kids, or if we're married (he'll be my kid's step dad). A card, some flowers or breakfast in bed would be nice.

Old 03-28-2017, 03:13 PM

473 posts, read 308,179 times
What I don't like is that some shops started to wish happy mother's/father's day. Parents could be dead, kids could be dead and someone could crave to have a family but cannot have it. I find it thoughtless and a rude habit.

Old 03-29-2017, 01:33 AM

2,704 posts, read 1,834,747 times
Yes, a simple card. Cook a favorite meal, maybe. Why not? If I can make him smile, it's worth it.

Old 03-31-2017, 10:32 PM

1,706 posts, read 3,313,569 times
What I really enjoy in these Mother's Day/Father's Day scenarios is how threads from 5/3/2010 can be resurrected nearly 7 years later and still get mileage.

I wish I had tires that rode and wore this smooth over time.

>sits down on couch and watches with popcorn and soda in hand. It will be a long night<

Old 04-01-2017, 07:36 AM

540 posts, read 363,614 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kin Atoms View Post
What I really enjoy in these Mother's Day/Father's Day scenarios is how threads from 5/3/2010 can be resurrected nearly 7 years later and still get mileage.

I wish I had tires that rode and wore this smooth over time.

>sits down on couch and watches with popcorn and soda in hand. It will be a long night<
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships