Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-23-2011, 11:31 AM

2,068 posts, read 4,338,653 times

Advertisements

So I've been dating but I can't seem to really like any guy that I date.
I mean sure I like them well enough to accept a date, and on paper sure they seem to fit the bill, good looking, common interests, goals and stability... but I just can't seem to find that urge to actually initiate a phone call or answer the plethora of phone calls they make or really invest much... so I usually end things on the 3rd date.

And I'm starting to get concerned.

I mean last night I had nothing to do so I go out to grab a beer at a local bar. I get hit on several times and lets say out of the 15 guys I actually let approach me, all of which were attractive and most of them my type, I didn't find any of them interesting enough to remember them today!

WTF? I want to really like someone and I can't

I think of my ex and when I first met him he really blew me away and no one has blown me away the way he has since... are we only given so many mind blowing encounters in a lifetime? Or maybe I just better keep my eyes open... has the world turned into hot yet mediocre men? Maybe I'm not over the ex and thus I'm sabotaging all my encounters? Eh maybe I should just stay home with the dog for a while...

Any commonality?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-23-2011, 11:37 AM

1,321 posts, read 2,108,330 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by recuerdeme View Post
Any commonality?
Save for the part about looking for guys and having an ex, I'd swear you were one of my alt accounts.

Old 03-23-2011, 11:40 AM

30,902 posts, read 33,017,046 times
Why be concerned? Are you on some sort of time limit for finding "the" one? If not, then just relax and have dates.

Old 03-23-2011, 11:41 AM

1,298 posts, read 2,239,558 times
Sounds like you anwsered your own question. You may not be over the ex. You can't compare, after all, he's an ex. Why would you want that again? Spend some time soul-searching....see what it is you really want and don't settle for anything less. Good Luck.

Old 03-23-2011, 11:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerZ View Post
Why be concerned? Are you on some sort of time limit for finding "the" one? If not, then just relax and have dates.
I've asked myself the same thing... why am I trying to rush it or why am i being concerned... I don't know it really makes no sense to concern myself.

But I find myself in a pickle. If I stay home and just relax with the dog maybe I miss the chance to meet Mr. Right, so I go out then I meet no one I really like so...

I've actually started working long hours at the office and renewed my love affair with books but...

Old 03-23-2011, 11:53 AM

471 posts, read 1,043,068 times
My advice. Chill, wait, then start over.

Old 03-23-2011, 11:57 AM

1,321 posts, read 2,108,330 times
Quote:
I've actually started working long hours at the office and renewed my love affair with books but...
If you say you've started work on another degree just for the heck of it and taken up Latin, I'm going to have to ask the mods to double-check our IP addresses.

Old 03-23-2011, 12:02 PM

2,179 posts, read 3,405,657 times
Quote:
I think of my ex and when I first met him he really blew me away and no one has blown me away the way he has since... are we only given so many mind blowing encounters in a lifetime? Or maybe I just better keep my eyes open... has the world turned into hot yet mediocre men? Maybe I'm not over the ex and thus I'm sabotaging all my encounters? Eh maybe I should just stay home with the dog for a while...

Any commonality?
Just curious if you can put your finger on what it was about the ex that blew you away..

Old 03-23-2011, 12:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by round4 View Post
Sounds like you anwsered your own question. You may not be over the ex. You can't compare, after all, he's an ex. Why would you want that again? Spend some time soul-searching....see what it is you really want and don't settle for anything less. Good Luck.
You're right, and I don't necessarily want the ex again... I just want that feeling of meeting someone WOW-ing and no one has wowed me yet.

Old 03-23-2011, 12:21 PM

4,941 posts, read 8,328,819 times
Quote:
I think of my ex and when I first met him he really blew me away and no one has blown me away the way he has since... are we only given so many mind blowing encounters in a lifetime?
Perhaps your mind is shot and no longer works the same way.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships