Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-10-2010, 10:45 AM

8,679 posts, read 15,282,137 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by samston View Post
i don't want to only get some, but i want to settle down mostly.
Then definitely focus on compatibility and common interests. I forget who said this, but it's not how much the lovers love each other, it's what they both love together.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdubs3201 View Post
I would hope that women in their 30's are more willing to "give it up" easier than younger women.

Younger women have a fear of being a "****" as if their future potential husband will find out how many they've slept with and be turned off by it.

I'd speculate that older women don't care anymore about their "number" and just want to enjoy sex if they're attracted. What do they have to lose? They're already old, not going to get any prettier, and most decent men are picked over. I'd guess that women would start wising up and use sex as a tool to KEEP a good guy around. If I'm 30-something and I'm at a point where i'm happy in my life, why would I waste my time with a middle-aged woman if she wasn't puting out?
And why would any woman waste her time with someone who takes the attitude displayed in your comments and considers 30 to be middle-aged and "old?"

Stick around, kid. You might learn something.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-10-2010, 10:49 AM

1,342 posts, read 2,164,141 times
Quote:
How does one go about dating when they reach their 30s?
Don't date single mothers if you can help it.
Stick with women 5-15 years younger (assuming they're legal).
Protect your assets (time & money).

Old 05-10-2010, 11:33 AM

78,581 posts, read 60,772,556 times
Quote:
Not a very specific question but here goes.

1) You need to be on the same page as to what your goals are. Dating for fun, looking to get married etc. and upfront about it.

2) Outlook on kids. There are not that many women out there in their 30's that don't already have kids or don't want to have them eventually. Whatever your desires are on the topic need to be communicated because this is a huge dealbreaker.

3) You are generally busier since you are further into your careers and likely have kids thrown in the mix too.

4) They tend to know better what they want, know they aren't getting any younger and as such don't want to *waste* the next 5 years dating someone that isn't a good fit.

5) Some are a bit jaded or gunshy having already been in at least one failed serious relationship. In general, you can call this baggage but in some cases it's wisdom and maturity and in others is emotional scars so need to be wary.

Old 05-10-2010, 12:27 PM

1,342 posts, read 2,164,141 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cdubs3201 View Post
I would hope that women in their 30's are more willing to "give it up" easier than younger women.

Younger women have a fear of being a "****" as if their future potential husband will find out how many they've slept with and be turned off by it.

I'd speculate that older women don't care anymore about their "number" and just want to enjoy sex if they're attracted. What do they have to lose? They're already old, not going to get any prettier, and most decent men are picked over. I'd guess that women would start wising up and use sex as a tool to KEEP a good guy around. If I'm 30-something and I'm at a point where i'm happy in my life, why would I waste my time with a middle-aged woman if she wasn't puting out?
In other words life is short so have fun while you can. If they're going to withhold sex for some odd reason, that's their problem. I'm not going to stay in an unfulfilling relationship with some woman that's a prude and/or trying to manipulate me with sex into marrying her. F that! That kind of woman is clearly not a good match and I'll NEXT her.

If an older woman who's sexual market value is decreasing by the day is willing to go without sex and stumbles upon a man who's willing to put up with that then he either isn't much of a catch himself if he values sex and is willing to go without for her, or he doesn't value sex to begin with. In either case she's shooting herself in the foot. Either she ends up with a chump that couldn't get another woman who's a better match, or he's the latter and just ends up with a man with an ultra low sex drive and she goes sexually unfulfilled. GOOD JOB! /sarcastic applause

Old 05-10-2010, 01:09 PM

951 posts, read 1,812,751 times
Default Here They Are....

Quote:
The 'rules' of 30-something dating
FOR THE WOMEN:

The wealthy studs have been taken off the market. By the time they are back on the market, they will neither be studs nor wealthy anymore.

FOR THE MEN:

If she's still on the market, there's probably a good reason. Remember that she's had years to become very good at covering up whatever this is.

Old 05-10-2010, 01:14 PM

8,679 posts, read 15,282,137 times
The ignorance being spewed on this thread is astounding.

But perhaps that's why those spewing it remain bitter and without women.

So far Mathguy is the only male offering advice here who has not also demonstrated that he has his head up his colon.

Old 05-10-2010, 01:16 PM

27,955 posts, read 39,832,120 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhyShouldIWorry View Post
FOR THE WOMEN:

The wealthy studs have been taken off the market. By the time they are back on the market, they will neither be studs nor wealthy anymore.

FOR THE MEN:

If she's still on the market, there's probably a good reason. Remember that she's had years to become very good at covering up whatever this is.
Haha my ex, that is her to a tee.

Old 05-10-2010, 01:17 PM

3,486 posts, read 5,690,242 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avienne View Post

Yeah, looks like it's time to bring out the tiny lyre.

Old 05-10-2010, 01:24 PM

563 posts, read 1,712,298 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avienne View Post

So far Mathguy is the only male offering advice here who has not also demonstrated that he has his head up his colon.
Agreed. 100%.

Old 05-10-2010, 01:34 PM

2,013 posts, read 3,550,075 times
Quote:
Learn as you go. I don't remember asking this question in public but I'm doing just fine (as Boyz II Men say..)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships