Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-16-2010, 11:06 PM

744 posts, read 811,608 times

Advertisements

I always see women in the movies and TV(as well as real life) slapping a guy and people are like 'U go girl, hit that pig', but if a guy slaps a woman the reaction is total shock and disgust.

Why are women these days so confident to physically abuse men and fear no retaliation? While I personally would just walk away from an abusive girl I think it is justified that they be shown men are physically dominant over them and you just don't go there without consequences(being hit back, harder).

Old 05-16-2010, 11:13 PM

27,232 posts, read 46,643,401 times
Supposedly, because "men can take it."

Plus--"they hit like a girl."

Old 05-16-2010, 11:19 PM

769 posts, read 1,013,143 times
women who hit men know they wont hit back.... make it clear you wont tolerate it. i get the double standard though

Old 05-17-2010, 12:56 AM

3,393 posts, read 5,276,910 times
I'd end a relationship over physical abuse from a girlfriend. Usually, you can block their hits though. I'd let the police handle it afterward.

Old 05-17-2010, 01:06 AM

76 posts, read 70,033 times
Its usually more exciting in movies to see a petite girl whipping on a big guy's ass, snapping his neck with her legs, etc.

But having a big ass guy whipping on a little petite girl and throwing her across the room just reminds people of domestic violence.

Hollywood knows it would never happen in real life, the unattainable is always more exciting

Old 05-17-2010, 01:09 AM

1,571 posts, read 2,812,657 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TKramar View Post
Supposedly, because "men can take it."

Plus--"they hit like a girl."
I don't know about this... there are professional female boxers or wrestlers (certain who are larger and taller than the average woman) that can hit as hard as a man or even more. In addition, they got good techniques and those can knock out anyone with a single blow.

Old 05-17-2010, 01:51 AM

9,230 posts, read 16,540,707 times
It is not OK for women to physically abuse men. But I'd also steer clear of anyone who thinks it's OK for a man to hit back harder.

Old 05-17-2010, 02:05 AM

10,210 posts, read 17,862,571 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunflower_lol View Post
I don't know about this... there are professional female boxers or wrestlers (certain who are larger and taller than the average woman) that can hit as hard as a man or even more. In addition, they got good techniques and those can knock out anyone with a single blow.
The vast majority of women are not professional female boxers or wrestlers.

Still, I do not condone violence from either gender. Not because I think most women could do serious bodily harm to most men with their bare hands (because I don't think they could) but because it's a psychologically and emotionally unhealthy way of dealing with ones feelings.

Old 05-17-2010, 02:09 AM

1,571 posts, read 2,812,657 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PassTheChocolate View Post
It is not OK for women to physically abuse men. But I'd also steer clear of anyone who thinks it's OK for a man to hit back harder.
I wouldn't even be friends with a man who spoke that way to me either. I have no room, space nor time for crazy people.
I think the only exception that may possibly support that statement would be if a man's life was really put in an extremely dangerous position (ex: wife is holding a knife around his throat) and he only did it to defend his life.
Otherwise, if it's only done to retaliate then jail is the next place you'll end up. Sorry but that's the way the system goes. Don't like it, then use common sense.

Old 05-17-2010, 02:16 AM

121 posts, read 192,267 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunflower_lol View Post
It's possible that a female proffesional boxer can hit as hard as the average man... But a male proffesional boxer always punches harder than a female proffesional boxer, the average male always punches harder than the average woman(though there are probably excpetions).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships