Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-12-2010, 01:38 PM

1,384 posts, read 1,931,649 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by yellowsnow View Post
There was this one man on POF who kept coming up as one of my best matches. Every time I looked.....there he was. I thought he was attractive and out of my league. Too handsome, and very intellectual. I assumed I was probably on the list he got every day and if he was interested, I would hear from him. I never did.
This one man on POF had one very good reason not to let her hear from me at first---she actually wasn't on my list of best matches. To this day I'll never understand why, considering what she is about to say . . .

Quote:
One fateful day, I was a little pissed off at life in general and in the mood for a little rejection. I sent him a message. "Are You Willing To Take A Chance?" I asked. Turned out he was and we emailed back and forth for a few days. He was just too perfect and I found myself wondering often if he could possibly be for real. We talked on the phone and I listened to wave files of his voice on the net.
Oh, brother, did we talk on the phone!

Quote:
I found more pictures too.
And, miraculously, they didn't dissolve your computer monitor, darling.

Quote:
He is a journalist/news anchor/radio personality so there was plenty available. I found all of it. I read his articles too. I was ridiculously in lust with his image and communication skills but I was smart enough to know it all had to be my imagination kicking in. We had a difficult time getting together IRL. We would make plans and something would come up.
You forgot about the night a friend of mine wanted to take me to Arizona Charlie's to commiserate about my losing my incumbent job. (Between writing and/or radio jobs, I was working as a cab driver.) Turned out that that place was right in your neighbourhood, more or less. Who knew?

Quote:
Finally, we met one evening for dinner at a local restaurant. For both of us, it was love at first sight. Fireworks, lightening, atomic explosions, we got it all. That doesn't happen to people our age, it just doesn't. But it did and we have never looked back.
You also forgot about the Sunday afternoon when you reached out and offered me your open door---as in, the door was open for me to escape with my life post-haste. (Your words, more or less . . . ) And the only place I escaped was to your real door, post-haste, upon which we sat in the back talking for a couple of hours. I think I convinced you I had no desire or intention to escape.

Quote:
It's been about a year and a half now and we are still madly in love. Maybe the planets were aligned or we were both past due for something truly wonderful in our lives. We will never know. We made a conscious decision to grab what the universe offered up. And run with it. No one knows for sure what the future will bring but ours is looking good, maybe even great. Yes, I got lucky.
I thought I was the lucky one, darling. A woman like you doesn't just fall into a man's life (or lap) every day of the century, you know. The only thing that means more to me than falling asleep with you in my arms is waking up with you there.

Quote:
And *I* have an amazing sex life. ME. Yes, things can change.
And if you want to know why your sex life became so amazing, darling, just look in the mirror. A lover is only as good as his partner.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-12-2010, 01:42 PM

6,489 posts, read 8,810,279 times
Great story yellowsnow!

Old 05-12-2010, 02:06 PM

14,229 posts, read 30,024,595 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by maggie2101 View Post
Great story yellowsnow!
Thanks Maggie! I wish I was a better writer and I could help people see it's never too late and one should never give up.

Old 05-12-2010, 02:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhistlerMCMLV View Post
This one man on POF had one very good reason not to let her hear from me at first---she actually wasn't on my list of best matches. To this day I'll never understand why, considering what she is about to say . . .

Oh, brother, did we talk on the phone!

And, miraculously, they didn't dissolve your computer monitor, darling.

You forgot about the night a friend of mine wanted to take me to Arizona Charlie's to commiserate about my losing my incumbent job. (Between writing and/or radio jobs, I was working as a cab driver.) Turned out that that place was right in your neighbourhood, more or less. Who knew?

You also forgot about the Sunday afternoon when you reached out and offered me your open door---as in, the door was open for me to escape with my life post-haste. (Your words, more or less . . . ) And the only place I escaped was to your real door, post-haste, upon which we sat in the back talking for a couple of hours. I think I convinced you I had no desire or intention to escape.

I thought I was the lucky one, darling. A woman like you doesn't just fall into a man's life (or lap) every day of the century, you know. The only thing that means more to me than falling asleep with you in my arms is waking up with you there.

And if you want to know why your sex life became so amazing, darling, just look in the mirror. A lover is only as good as his partner.
Damn, I'm lucky!~) I think I'll go fall into your lap now. I knew this post would attract your attention. But I'm wasting my day off.....

Old 05-12-2010, 03:48 PM

10,364 posts, read 20,791,358 times
Quote:
Damn, I'm lucky!~) I think I'll go fall into your lap now. I knew this post would attract your attention. But I'm wasting my day off.....
Alright you two--you can be luvey dovey later, but great stories.

I got a bomb dropped on me 3 days after x-mas in 08, and just now getting around to filing for divorce. We were married 23 years at that time, and 25th coming up. Ouch. Somehow I always worried that he'd leave for another woman, but it was for men.

Interestingly I wanted to go out and date right away, but soon saw how stupid that was and backed off and will wait until the divorce is final, but I have total faith that there is someone out there way more wonderful (and straight) who will be just right for me. I'm shooting for a yellowsnow/whistler style romance.

Old 05-12-2010, 08:40 PM

4,868 posts, read 8,408,792 times
Yellowsnow/whistler! you guys are too cute! I hope I find what you two have found! to many more years for you both!

Old 05-13-2010, 10:31 AM

367 posts, read 1,073,872 times
Thanks for the inspiring stories, helps me keep my hope up. Right now I am trying to get my divorce settled, paperwork finalized and I am also trying to buy a house which is harder than it should be
Been in escrow twice but forced to back out because of appraisals coming in really low. Once I have the divorce taken care of and a place of my own, I am ready to start dating again - hopefully there's someone out there that can make sparks fly

Old 05-13-2010, 10:49 AM

1,384 posts, read 1,931,649 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stepka View Post
Alright you two--you can be luvey dovey later, but great stories.
Thank you, but I think we'll decide when to be luvey dovey . . .

Quote:
I got a bomb dropped on me 3 days after x-mas in 08, and just now getting around to filing for divorce. We were married 23 years at that time, and 25th coming up. Ouch. Somehow I always worried that he'd leave for another woman, but it was for men.
That wasn't a bomb, that was a terrorist attack, whether he left you for a woman or a man.

Quote:
Interestingly I wanted to go out and date right away, but soon saw how stupid that was and backed off and will wait until the divorce is final, but I have total faith that there is someone out there way more wonderful (and straight) who will be just right for me.
I don't know that it's necessarily stupid not to wait until the divorce is final, but it may cause a problem in the legal process depending on your state. It's really an individual thing otherwise. For some people it's stupid, for some people it isn't. Obviously your mileage varies, and that's ok.

Quote:
I'm shooting for a yellowsnow/whistler style romance.
In a way that I'm not sure came through clearly in our story (and I won't try to improve on m'lady's telling of it, if only because---and I keep telling her this but she keeps dismissing it!---you can't improve on perfection), I think one of the keys is that when you don't "look" for what you want most, it finds you. Bigtime.

I was barely looking if at all, and boom! A certain lady reached out to me through a certain social/dating Website and asked, "Are you willing to take a chance?" Forget fireworks---this was nuclear fission.

It still is.

I still can't believe a lady like that came into my life to stay. And she tells me she's the lucky one? Oh, does she have that backward . . .

Old 05-13-2010, 11:18 AM

27,957 posts, read 39,764,451 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crazy_bd View Post
Thanks for the inspiring stories, helps me keep my hope up. Right now I am trying to get my divorce settled, paperwork finalized and I am also trying to buy a house which is harder than it should be
Been in escrow twice but forced to back out because of appraisals coming in really low. Once I have the divorce taken care of and a place of my own, I am ready to start dating again - hopefully there's someone out there that can make sparks fly
Don't rush it. The one with whom the sparks flies are the ones you find when you are least looking for it. Enjoy the journey and not just the destination. That is where I am at right now and it has been more pleasant than I ever thought.

Old 05-13-2010, 11:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazy_bd View Post
It can and will happen for you. Keep your head and heart open to change and new things. Let life surprise you!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships