Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-14-2010, 07:23 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,868,361 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by max's mama View Post
This thread reminds me that I haven't been clubbing in a really really long time.
OP - I was the opposite of you, always in the middle of the floor dancing the night away. The best thing about clubs is that NOBODY CARES. Everyone will be drinking, dancing, talking, having a good time. Most of the time, everyone just minds their own business having enjoying themselves. Just have a nice drink, relax, talk to people, and be yourself. If you are not comfortable being in the middle of action, don't be. Find a nice comfortable spot to hang out at and just watch people.
Aahaha...that's why my friends bring me along. Crazy Irish gal!<<<<
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-16-2010, 10:56 AM

22,339 posts, read 29,439,446 times
So how did the night go???

Old 05-16-2010, 11:21 AM

10,875 posts, read 13,813,272 times
Dress to the 9's and be prepared for every jersey shore wanna-b douchbags all over you (granted you look good)

Old 05-16-2010, 12:11 PM

3,849 posts, read 9,424,911 times
It was OK. I'm glad I figured out clubbing isn't my thing!

The club was PACKED. Once inside, they immediately slapped a Designed Driver wristband on me which entitled me to free non-alcoholic drinks all night. My friends made a bee-line to the bar and I found an empty table.

The fun lasted for about a half hour when everyone was still sober. I asked my friends how long they were planning on staying (in the nicest way possible) and was informed 'until the club closes'...which I found out was at 2:30am. It was only 9. AHHHH!

The club is set-up with four different themed rooms--disco, country, hip-hop, and karaoke. 90% of our time was spent in the disco room, which was rather lame. I would have much preferred the country room, but no one else was interested. I ventured in to it alone at one point, but lost interest.

The music was way too loud to carry on a single conversation, so meeting new people was completely out of the question. That was a bummer. Most of the time was spent yelling at drunk people who were falling over each other. I opted not to dance at all, because the dance floors were just a bunch of people holding alcohol and grinding up against each other. Not my taste at all.

We left at 12:30.

The thing is, I'm not an uptight, impatient, or an easily annoyed person--AT ALL! The fact that I turned into this person tells me clubbing is definitely not for me. I'm very glad I tried it once. I might go again if there was someone else who wasn't drinking. It sure beat sitting at home alone like I usually do.

P.S. The designated driver thing was a joke. I couldn't make my friends give me their keys. I ended up driving two people to their car a few miles away, but they still had to drive home and insisted they were sober enough (they weren't). Another two friends stayed at the club and PROMISED they would get a cab home. I texted one at 1:30 and she said she was still there. I have yet to hear back from her to see if she made it home. I don't like being in the position of designated driver whose drivees () won't let her drive them! Ugh.

Old 05-16-2010, 12:55 PM

4,941 posts, read 8,327,271 times
Sorry you didn't have that great of a time. Usually DD's get screwed over in this situation because you are having to deal with drunk party animals all night and unless you have a strong, outgoing personality (w/out alcohol ) , you end up having a miserable time.

Now you can say you've tried it and it's not your thing. At this point in my life, it's not my thing either.

Old 05-16-2010, 02:01 PM

22,189 posts, read 19,227,493 times
it's win-win, no matter what happens because the worst evenings make the best stories

Old 05-16-2010, 02:17 PM

2,115 posts, read 5,030,940 times
Well, it's a fact of life that drunk people are only fun when you're also drunk. Otherwise, they're either amusing or annoying and you end up babysitting.

Old 05-16-2010, 05:58 PM

3,849 posts, read 9,424,911 times
I don't know if I should be flattered or scared off from this rep:

"I bet you do look cute in a skirt... For some reaon I think you are REALLY hott! Hmmm, should I tell you who I am?? hmmm..lol"

Old 05-16-2010, 06:41 PM

7,364 posts, read 14,676,925 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mango tango View Post
Well, it's a fact of life that drunk people are only fun when you're also drunk. Otherwise, they're either amusing or annoying and you end up babysitting.
I was just about to type the same thing. If you aren't drunk, the last place you want to be is a big building filled with drunk people. Drunks are boring and annoying, you have to either join them or totally steer clear.

Old 05-16-2010, 07:02 PM

13,608 posts, read 21,396,904 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Onglet39 View Post
I was just about to type the same thing. If you aren't drunk, the last place you want to be is a big building filled with drunk people. Drunks are boring and annoying, you have to either join them or totally steer clear.

HA! Back in my juvenile (ok yeah, add delinquent after juvenile) days....

One time ,( ok actually a couple times ) my friends and I were partying, I had beer....ugh and a couple joints, they decided to drop some acid also. I couldn't bring myself to do that. Needless to say while I had a buzz going on, they took off to a level I couldn't even comprehend.

LOL we were sitting on a bridge and they were laughing at some stuff that I was like WTF?

LOL even so, watching them cracked me up, they were seeing some kind of grass hopper or something , they were pointing at it and I can tell you, I didn't see it.....lol.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships