Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-21-2010, 10:11 PM

37,617 posts, read 46,006,789 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raena77 View Post
Ladies or Fellas............

What exactly was "An Ideal date for you?"

What kind of date would you feel happy about? (PG-13 please)
I already had my ideal date...best date I've ever had - my first date with my current BF. We went to Busch Gardens, and got back home 9 hours later. He was incredibly romantic, and there was just no not falling for him. I was a goner.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-21-2010, 10:12 PM

1,517 posts, read 2,319,763 times
Someone once offered to recreate my prom for me in his office. He wanted to have all my favorite music playing, dress up, and dance the night away with me. That sounds like an ideal date to me.

Old 05-21-2010, 10:26 PM

2,382 posts, read 4,592,370 times
Reminder:
Quote:
Stay on topic. Attempts to hi-jack threads by switching topics or going off topic will be deleted and infractions issued. This is not a chat room - when people hi-jack threads by posting messages that are of interest to only few people, the threads often stop being useful discussions of initial topics.

Old 05-21-2010, 10:35 PM

9,984 posts, read 10,394,292 times
A date with someone who is attractive, and intellectually curious that I did not have to initiate.

Old 05-22-2010, 10:08 PM

1,589 posts, read 2,682,542 times
Oh, I love this question as I am full of opinions about dating etiquette.

The ideal date starts with the date request itself. I like the direct approach myself and ideally, the request is made in person (such as at the end of the previous date) or by phone - not by email or text.

There will be 2 or 3 days notice ahead of time. If it's a holiday like New Years Eve or a special occasion more notice is needed. There will be a plan in place so I'm aware of what type of date it will be (casual or fancy) (I like both types). There will be a specific time (note: "maybe we can hang out sometime this weekend" is not a date) so I have time to get a pre-date manicure (or bikini wax) or make sure I am wearing appropriate attire (a night at the opera requires different attire than a ride on the back of your Harley).

My date arrives on time. If, through no fault of his own, he will be more than ten minutes late, he calls to let me know as soon as possible. When he arrives, he has a small token gift, maybe a CD he burned for me, or flowers. He will tell me that I look beautiful.

Where we go and what we do are mostly irrelevant, the main thing is the effort he makes to show me a good time and make sure I'm comfortable. My ideal date will be a gentleman through and through. He will make me laugh and he'll make me feel like I am the most important thing in the world to him (at least during the length of the date). When we say goodnight, he'll ask me when he can see me again.

He will call within 24 hours to tell me he had a wonderful evening, how lucky he is to have met me and he can't wait to see me again.

Old 05-22-2010, 10:25 PM

16,224 posts, read 25,669,385 times
An Ideal date?

Hmmm....My ideal date would be me walking out to the door barefoot! No kidding!

Old 05-22-2010, 10:56 PM

5,143 posts, read 5,407,619 times
I guess I'm a guy. But an ideal date would be unique to each woman, and unique to each situation.

As a guy, it's my job to pay attention to things a potential partner would like and things that would make her feel special, and to make them happen.

Also dating isn't something you do to lead up to a relationship, you keep doing it to keep the relationship going. That's just me though.

Old 05-23-2010, 12:29 AM

3,849 posts, read 9,424,911 times
Watching The Office together. Slap on a few episodes of that show, and I'm a happy camper literally...because I just got back from camping.

One of the best dates I have ever been on involved going to a Jeff Dunham show. I bought the tickets, he bought dinner before and hot chocolate afterwards

Anything that makes me laugh is considered an ideal date.

Old 05-23-2010, 04:29 AM

13,026 posts, read 24,630,992 times
Perfect days ( and dates) in my experience tend to be unplanned . Fun is key.

Something perfect for me would be a nice breakfast in the garden on a summer's day with hubby , a Polo game with picnic, reading the sunday papers to each other, maybe a movie and somewhere nice for dinner. Then a lot of cuddling and playtime afterwards...

We do still go on "dates" with each other despite having been together for over 21 years which means getting all dressed up, catching a play , an art exhibition we're interested in and dinner somewhere romantic and these are lovely but I till think a bit of spontaneity is the ideal "formula" ( oxymoron I know) to really romantic and sexy...

We had a wonderful time not that long ago by simply looking on the web, finding there was an ice hockey game nearby, and going at the last minute, having a hot dog and coke and then catching a random movie afterwards. We spent virtually nothing, little effort involved and a great time was had by both of us.

I'm a "planner" and I always try way too hard so I am learning to go with the flow a little more as I get older. I have learnt that being in control 24/7 is not always best... Maybe this old dog can learn new tricks after all....

Sometimes simply being at home, having a take out and watching a favourite TV series or movie eating popcorn or looking at our holiday photographs ( or planning our next pvacation together) can be as nice as getting all dressed up and going out. I tend to prefer being out but sometimes it is just what the doctor ordered !

It's all about fun, a little flirting, and intimacy and sharing something with the other.

Old 05-23-2010, 04:31 AM

27,232 posts, read 46,663,996 times
The one constant in dates I've found enjoyable is the chance to sit and talk with one another.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships