Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-08-2010, 04:48 PM

33,572 posts, read 37,194,916 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Cephus....Therefore, I give you: conolophus marthae and conolophus subcristatus. As you can see, they are of the same genus but different species. Well, the two can interbreed. In fact you could mount a reasonable argument that the two are in fact the same species. A better way of defining the pair would be to say they are of the same kind.
Unfortunately for your hypothesis all off sping of any chance encounter of these two species of Galapagos Iguanas are generally sterile...The land iguanas also occasionally breed with the resident marine iguanas, but again the off spring are sterile, so this interbreeding goes nowhere...I thought you would have known that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-08-2010, 04:51 PM

1,883 posts, read 3,007,425 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cephus View Post
That is not a proposition I have ever put forward nor acquiesced to. However, as an exercise in mere mathematics, wouldn't that be a more likely proposition than all biodiversity arising from the first self replicating organism? Anyway, we digress.
Not specifically addressed to me,but on a scale of a few thousand years via the Noah model vs. billions of years of evolution?Hardly.

Old 06-08-2010, 04:54 PM

Just by way of curiosity,why would God magically whip up dinosaurs and then let them go extinct as an entire subset of animals?Man could not have affected the world in any way at that stage that could have caused the extinction,so what happened?

Old 06-08-2010, 05:08 PM

117 posts, read 144,721 times
and that is why i dont believe dinosaur existed. i did ask cephus if he believes dinosaur existed. no answer.

Old 06-08-2010, 05:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by evofreaks View Post
and that is why i dont believe dinosaur existed. i did ask cephus if he believes dinosaur existed. no answer.
Why ask cephus?Think for yourself.

But dinosaurs are accepted even by conservative Christians.They just think man tamed and rode them.

Old 06-08-2010, 05:19 PM

well because since i have no science degree i am branded a loony toon when i said i dont believe they existed look at the insults in my thread on fake fossils. like i said it seems u have to have a science degree to validate your belief. well i am not like other christians.

Old 06-08-2010, 05:23 PM

24,868 posts, read 24,424,364 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifertexan View Post
Since the other thread was closed,I'll restart the point here.Someone claims to be a scientist who has discovered evolution is wrong.So now,let's have the proof.

One rule if you are going to participate.It is not up to anyone who believes in evolution to prove it correct.The claim has been made that someone knowledgeable on evolution has decided evolution is incorrect.Therefore,the onus for supporting this claim falls on the one who has supposedly once believed in it and has now discovered proof enough to disbelieve it.

So let's have it.What real,hard factual scientific data led someone to conclude that all they had been taught about evolution is wrong.The ball is in your court.

Prove it wrong with facts.
Wrong in what way?

Evolution can't explain the beginning of life. There are theories that viable, but not proven.

As far as evolution after life began, yeah, thats indisputable.

Old 06-08-2010, 05:23 PM

232 posts, read 543,005 times
One doesn't need to have a science degree to post a link to a peer-reviewed study that describes a given result.

Old 06-08-2010, 05:25 PM

7,915 posts, read 18,640,149 times
evofreaks wrote:
Quote:
So I'm curious. When you walk into a large collection of fossils such as those at the Chicago Field Museum do you think that someone created thousands of fake fossils for the sole purpose of confusing the general public or is it possible that you have absolutely no knowledge of the subject and are just yapping about something that you're completely ignorant of?

Old 06-08-2010, 05:32 PM

it all comes down to my non belief in evolution timeline. especially the billion yrs ago dinosaur walk the earth period. or anything that encompass evolution theory. it is not like i did not believe it right away. i just realized one day... it is all WTF.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality