Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-27-2010, 09:58 PM

7,628 posts, read 10,970,278 times

Advertisements

It appears that a Chinese and Turkish evangelical team of explorers have discovered the remains of Noah's Ark. Carbon dating has shown the relics from the Ark to be 4,800 years old. Which would be around the time of the Biblical flood. This will be the first time in history that the Arks reality will be revealed to the world at large. The structure contained several compartments, some with wooden beams that is believed were used to house animals. It may be this is but one small section of the Ark, because over the years others have reported the Ark to have been broken up into three or four sections. Local Turkish officials will ask the central government in Ankara to apply for UNESCO World Heritage status so the site can be protected while a major archaelolgical dig is conducted. This section was found at the 13,000 foot elevation. Other sections may be at the 15,000 foot elevation or greater. Wooden planks 8 inches wide and 65 feet long were found around the site. And without a doubt, this construction predated the use of metal nails. The location of this craft, is in the same location as stated in the Bible.

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage...in-Turkey.html

Last edited by Campbell34; 04-27-2010 at 10:21 PM..

Old 04-27-2010, 10:02 PM

494 posts, read 890,393 times
Why are you duplicating a thread that is already many posts long?? Go there and read yet again why this is a load of manure bigger than two t-rexes would make in 40 days on the ark.

Old 04-27-2010, 10:04 PM

4,904 posts, read 6,015,359 times
Noah's Ark found? Not so fast - Cosmic Log - msnbc.com

The 'evidence' is seen as rather suspect.

Old 04-27-2010, 10:10 PM

433 posts, read 587,170 times
When I saw this news, I laughed so hard my tears was on my cheek:

They found something, and they think it's an "ark" -- "Noah's Ark", and it's 4,800 years old. All by people from a Christian ministry?

Aren't these people who can communicate their souls with God? They now found something ? tears on my cheek...

Old 04-27-2010, 10:16 PM

7,084 posts, read 14,861,633 times
Well of course it has!!!!! Complete with fossilized camel dung and a letter saying it was written in 2400 B.C. Sounds like just another of those dang miracles that the christians manufacture. But, then again... I may just be a skeptical person, wouldn't even believe if Jesus himself laid his hand on my head and cured me of logic.

Old 04-27-2010, 11:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by agnostic soldier View Post
Noah's Ark found? Not so fast - Cosmic Log - msnbc.com

The 'evidence' is seen as rather suspect.
Naturally, to a non believer who has fully rejected the Biblical account, any evidence that confirms the Scriptures is suspect. What these researchers found, confirms the reports by so many over the years that a large ship like craft was buried in the ice near the top of Mt. Ararat. And the location just happens to be in the same spot revealed to us in the Bible. The Christians who found it, did so, because they believed the truth of the Scriptures. Non believers, now will have to go even into deeper denial. In the past, they said nothing would be found there. And anyone that reported seeing the Ark there, was pretty much dismissed as a liar. Yet now we know, those people were telling us the truth. And those who dismissed their accounts, were wrong. Turkish officials will be asking the central government in Ankara to apply for UNESCO World Heritage status to protect the site, so a major archaelolgical dig can be conducted.

Old 04-27-2010, 11:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dusty Rhodes View Post
Well of course it has!!!!! Complete with fossilized camel dung and a letter saying it was written in 2400 B.C. Sounds like just another of those dang miracles that the christians manufacture. But, then again... I may just be a skeptical person, wouldn't even believe if Jesus himself laid his hand on my head and cured me of logic.
If the site was manufactured by Christians, why would Turkish officials be asking the central government in Ankara for UNESCO World Heritage status in order to protect the site? And why would they want a major archaelolgical dig to be conducted on the site? Do you believe those Christians built the structure 13,000 feet above sea level?

Old 04-27-2010, 11:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vic235 View Post
When I saw this news, I laughed so hard my tears was on my cheek:

They found something, and they think it's an "ark" -- "Noah's Ark", and it's 4,800 years old. All by people from a Christian ministry?

Aren't these people who can communicate their souls with God? They now found something ? tears on my cheek...

Well of course, they found it exactly where the Bible tells us the Ark of Noah landed. It is the only place on earth according to the Scriptures where the Ark of Noah would be found. Of course you would have to know something about the Bible to understand this. And it appears, Turkish officials believe they have found something of great significance as well. And that is why they have asked for UNESCO WORLD HERITAGE STATUS to protect the site.

Old 04-27-2010, 11:25 PM

16,155 posts, read 12,857,175 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Campbell34 View Post
Naturally, to a non believer who has fully rejected the Biblical account, any evidence that confirms the Scriptures is suspect.
Naturally, to a believer who has fully rejected the sciences, any evidence that deny the Scriptures is suspect.

Old 04-27-2010, 11:28 PM

16,155 posts, read 12,857,175 times
Quote:
If the site was manufactured by Christians, why would Turkish officials be asking the central government in Ankara for UNESCO World Heritage status in order to protect the site?
Quote:
And it appears, Turkish officials believe they have found something of great significance as well. And that is why they have asked for UNESCO WORLD HERITAGE STATUS to protect the site.
Tourism old chap...tourism!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality