Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you believe in evolution?
Yes 112 78.87%
No 30 21.13%
Voters: 142. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-28-2010, 07:13 AM

23,175 posts, read 26,232,733 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by urbancharlotte View Post
Trust me, I LOVE all of the ape videos. Really I do! However, I think the people who are posting them are missing the point. The point here is that there was most certainly a split between us and them (apes) over 1 million years ago. We both came from the same area (Africa) of the same planet. So what caused the split to occur? Again, an ape's level of intelligence is NOT the issue here. The issue here is the split that occured between us and them. My theory (and others) is a non-common ancestor.

IMO, this non-common ancestor is the reason why we speak, we lost our fur, we don't have thumbs on our feet, we have larger brains, we walk up-right, we build advanced machines, we come in SEVERAL different ethnic groups that speak different languages (which would suggest more than one race of non-common ancestors) etc......Somebody PLEASE give me another possible logical theory.

One other thing, every creature on this planet regulate their body temperature naturally (without the need for clothing). We seem to need clothes to stay warm. We discovered how to make our own fire (also to stay warm). This would suggest that MAYBE our non-common ancestor evolved on a much warmer planet than our present day Earth. Hmmmmmmmmmm?
It could also suggest that man traveled outside his native area faster than evolution could keep up with the new needs.

Old 07-28-2010, 07:24 AM

7,077 posts, read 12,361,575 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by old_cold View Post
It could also suggest that man traveled outside his native area faster than evolution could keep up with the new needs.
If that were the case, man should have died out. That is of course what happens to a species that travels outside of (or loses) their natural habit prematurely (ie, the dinosaurs). Good try though! At least you're thinking.

I still say that we are a hybrid race (the product of our common ancestor with the apes and our non-common ancestor). I think it is that unknown non-common ancestor that taugh us language, writing, technology, and everything else our hybrid anatomy needed to survive in this "foreign" environment we call Earth. In short, I think we evolved WITH the apes until this non-common ancestor came into the picture.

Last edited by urbancharlotte; 07-28-2010 at 07:32 AM..

Old 07-28-2010, 07:29 AM

23,175 posts, read 26,232,733 times
Quote:
If that were the case, man should have died out. That is of course what happens to a species that travels outside of (or loses) their natural habit prematurely (ie, the dinosaurs). Good try though! At least you're thinking.
Speculation....man, unlike most other animals, have more advanced problem solving abilities, so could adapt to new conditions

Old 07-28-2010, 07:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by old_cold View Post
Speculation....man, unlike most other animals, have more advanced problem solving abilities, so could adapt to new conditions
"Man" YES!!! Our common ancestor with the apes, NO!

That is the problem. If our common ancestor (with the apes) left his natural habitat prematurely, that means we has NOT a human yet. Therefore, he would have not yet possessed the "more advanced problem solving abilities".

However, if he were human before he left his natural habitat, we now must ask what conditions caused him to split off (genetically) from the apes? As NASA would say, "Houston, we have a problem!".

My theory (as well as others) is that there had to have been a non-common ancestor that we are missing. Hence the term "missing link". Most scientists believe that this "missing link" is a beast/man that eventually evolved into a man. I think it is the other way around. I believe that we are the hybrid offspring of a beast and a VERY evolved human. This (IMO) is what caused the sudden leap in "evolution". Where did this "very evolved human" come from one might ask. Well, he didn't come from Earth IMO.

Old 07-28-2010, 07:47 AM

50,088 posts, read 20,775,138 times
Quote:

I still say that we are a hybrid race (the product of our common ancestor with the apes and our non-common ancestor). I think it is that unknown non-common ancestor that taugh us language, writing, technology, and everything else our hybrid anatomy needed to survive in this "foreign" environment we call Earth. In short, I think we evolved WITH the apes until this non-common ancestor came into the picture.
The evidence is that our ancestors used the bipedalism which chimpanzees have today when neccessary to a greater extent because conditions (a need to walk between increased distances from one food source to another is often suggested) changed. That would also suggest why tool using ability (also seen in chimps) became more important in digging up roots for example. Such evolutionary traits seen in the bipedalism of certain fossil hominids suggests that primate evolution occurred for reasons other than this 'Dieu ex machina' (and I well know what Dieu and what machina you have in mind) turning up to work the miracle.

The development of language (I like the idea of the Alien gods with a blackboard in front of a classroom of Hominids) from a single 'non common ancestor' is rather belied by the development of differing languages in different places. Writing also developed from pictograms in various ways and completely different basics, though the idea of crudely drawing three bundles of barley is the obvious start. The predynastic Sumerian seals show the start of writing from the simplest and how it developed to cuneiform. I don't think your suggestion that Alien Gods taught us to write really stands up.

As to the enlarged brain, I am not an expert and maybe the aliens did intervene here, 2,001 style. I don't in principle mind the idea. I just can't discount an evolutionary process out of hand.

How we lost our fur and didn't grow it back even when it got real cold is another I can't answer, except that perhaps because we can manipulate our environment (by cudgelling a walruss and wearing its fur) we don't need to let it manipulate us so that survival of the fittest becomes an evolutionary factor.

Old 07-28-2010, 07:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AREQUIPA View Post
The evidence is that our ancestors used the bipedalism which chimpanzees have today when neccessary to a greater extent because conditions (a need to walk between increased distances from one food source to another is often suggested) changed. That would also suggest why tool using ability (also seen in chimps) became more important in digging up roots for example. Such evolutionary traits seen in the bipedalism of certain fossil hominids suggests that primate evolution occurred for reasons other than this 'Dieu ex machina' (and I well know what Dieu and what machina you have in mind) turning up to work the miracle.

The development of language (I like the idea of the Alien gods with a blackboard in front of a classroom of Hominids) from a single 'non common ancestor' is rather belied by the development of differing languages in different places. Writing also developed from pictograms in various ways and completely different basics, though the idea of crudely drawing three bundles of barley is the obvious start. The predynastic Sumerian seals show the start of writing from the simplest and how it developed to cuneiform. I don't think your suggestion that Alien Gods taught us to write really stands up.

As to the enlarged brain, I am not an expert and maybe the aliens did intervene here, 2,001 style. I don't in principle mind the idea. I just can't discount an evolutionary process out of hand.

How we lost our fur and didn't grow it back even when it got real cold is another I can't answer, except that perhaps because we can manipulate our environment (by cudgelling a walruss and wearing its fur) we don't need to let it manipulate us so that survival of the fittest becomes an evolutionary factor.
I agree with some of what you have stated here. However, I can't ignore the fact that some folks (who claim to be ex-government officials) have gone on camera and stated that MANY alien races that they have encountered look VERY human. For me, that kinda news changes the whole ball game.

YouTube - Humanoid Alien Races Known To Exist

Old 07-28-2010, 08:39 AM

50,088 posts, read 20,775,138 times
I don't want to seem dismisive but this is rather awkward like the claims that a person with inoperable cancer suddenly prayed to god and recovered overnight and 'The doctors were dumbfounded'. I have to ask who these bods are (one says he was just a country doctor).

I know that, in the early days of Ufology, there were mostly human tykes who claimed to be from mars or venus (The Blondes) and there were the Mothmen and the Hopkinsville Lobsters and greys you didn't hear that much of. Now greys are the typical alien and Ufologists often ask 'Where are the space brothers? Where did all the blondes go?'

I have to say that the phenomenon developed to suit the requirements, rather and the hard claims whether UFO debris or Alien implants under investigation became less and less real and more and more incorporeal.

Same as the craft. Originally nuts and bolts they became more and more varied and different and eventually holographic or other - dimensional.

The claims of military involvement including covert collusion between the government(s) and Aliens are claimed by people who make all sorts of claims and it is all very doubtful. Some of the stories I have read don't stack up any better than the Resurrection.

So I don't know who those bods were and I very much doubt that supposed back -engineered UFO for show at an air display. It's rather like Campbell's NAMI, this is such a hefty claim that you really need better than some bods with one of those engineering drawings of a UFo with an arrow pointing to 'Anti gravity propulsion unit'.

Really sorry, but I KNOW there is a lot of bunkum in the UFO world and they play the 'Are you calling me a liar' act to the full. Sorry, but I cannot swallow your You -tube at face value.

Old 07-28-2010, 09:49 AM

33,567 posts, read 37,182,394 times
Never mind the claims of men, show me a verified legitimate video of an alien telling us the history of his world and how he came to be on earth. Until then I remain unconvinced.
In any case even if there is an alien presence on earth it has nothing to do with the evolution of Homo Sapiens. There is tons of evidence tracking our evolution, tracing back millions of years to before we learned to walk upright.

Old 07-28-2010, 10:48 AM

4,904 posts, read 6,020,349 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sukrill View Post
i dont think that the ape is a dumb animal, its one of gods creation and theres a purpose for it. but they dont build buildings, cook, go to school, things that us, a higher different species, are capable of. and yes, i do believe we are of a higher species because other than serving a environmental systematic purpose, theyre just another animal. significant and fascinating yes. but still we are not the same.
I guess you got bamboozled by all of that technical jargon in my post. You should think about looking outside your holy text for answers though. As I said, humans fit the scientific definition of apes, which is different from what a layman considers to be an ape.

Old 07-28-2010, 10:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AREQUIPA View Post
Sorry, but I cannot swallow your You -tube at face value.
And that is PERFECTLY fine. That is why I told you to do your own research. Be skeptical, but don't let your own ideology of what is "logical" stand in your brain's way.

Governments all over the world (including the UK) are now slowly releasing their secret files on UFOs. America has not yet, but we will soon.

YouTube - Fox News 2010 - Ministry of Defence UK Release UFO files (JAN 27 2010).avi

Now TRUST ME, I am by no means a fan of Fox news. However, it is true that the UK (as well as other countries) have released some of their secret files on UFOs to the general public. This is all happening at the same time that the Vatican has released a statement that a "belief in ET life is NOT a contradiction to our belief in God". Add to all of this the fact that some government officials claim that many aliens look human; and now we have a serious debate on our hands about humanity's REAL evolutionary past. That's all I am saying here. Nothing more, nothing less.

Last edited by urbancharlotte; 07-28-2010 at 11:03 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality