Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-27-2018, 07:31 PM

19,056 posts, read 27,627,799 times

Advertisements

It came upon me that there apparently is a trend to return old gods back to power.
Clarification: by power, I mean - return them back to being worshiped. As they are only as powerful as amount of the "worship energy" they receive.
Look at media. TV shows. Movies. You likely can name more than I can. Avengers, for example. American Gods. Magicians. Perry something, whatever that flick was. Hercules and so on.
I get it, those tunes were around about always but! Now they are abundant. Kids watch. Minds open. Ideas seeded. Egregores created.
Overtone Windows in place and motion.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-27-2018, 09:22 PM

6,115 posts, read 3,093,279 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ukrkoz View Post
It came upon me that there apparently is a trend to return old gods back to power.
Clarification: by power, I mean - return them back to being worshiped. As they are only as powerful as amount of the "worship energy" they receive.
Look at media. TV shows. Movies. You likely can name more than I can. Avengers, for example. American Gods. Magicians. Perry something, whatever that flick was. Hercules and so on.
I get it, those tunes were around about always but! Now they are abundant. Kids watch. Minds open. Ideas seeded. Egregores created.
Overtone Windows in place and motion.
Actually, perhaps that's one of the tests? "The test of time" where all false Gods will eventually fade away and be forgotten - and ONLY THE ONE TRUE GOD, will always be there.

And who is the one and only true God?

We all have picked our choices and placed our bets - we shall now, and we will see.

Old 01-27-2018, 10:00 PM

30,902 posts, read 33,021,357 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoCardinals View Post
Actually, perhaps that's one of the tests? "The test of time" where all false Gods will eventually fade away and be forgotten - and ONLY THE ONE TRUE GOD, will always be there.

We all have picked our choices and placed our bets - we shall now, and we will see.
So far the Hindu gods are beating "the one true God" out. I guess we shall see, assuming this is a contest?

Old 01-28-2018, 10:57 AM

19,724 posts, read 10,138,519 times
The Flying Spaghetti Monster is the one true god.

Praise the Holy Noodle.

Old 01-28-2018, 11:26 AM

11,033 posts, read 5,995,283 times
Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerZ View Post
So far the Hindu gods are beating "the one true God" out. I guess we shall see, assuming this is a contest?
There is no ONE TRUE GOD. All gods will eventually fade out and disappear, even if it takes the end of humanity.

As ukrkoz points out - gods are Egregores.

The current god will evolve into a new god over time as has happened with the Abrahamic god which itself had earlier origins.

Old 01-28-2018, 11:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerZ View Post
Not really - human conciousness and perception of "God" does not start with 35 million gods in Hinduism, including a cow, monkey, elephant, rat, snake, a female figure with 10 arms and 8 legs etc.

It starts with the first human that walked on earth - and that's the God of Adam and Abraham.
This is way before Hindu gods came on the scene.

Old 01-28-2018, 11:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 303Guy View Post
There is no ONE TRUE GOD. All gods will eventually fade out and disappear, even if it takes the end of humanity.

As ukrkoz points out - gods are Egregores.

The current god will evolve into a new god over time as has happened with the Abrahamic god which itself had earlier origins.
If they all fade away then they are not Gods. This is my faith.
As I said, we shall wait and we will see.

Old 01-28-2018, 12:12 PM

23,175 posts, read 10,468,780 times
I would also say if the People of a God were changed or killed off, he wasn't God.

Old 01-28-2018, 12:29 PM

M
Quote:
Not really - human conciousness and perception of "God" does not start with 35 million gods in Hinduism, including a cow, monkey, elephant, rat, snake, a female figure with 10 arms and 8 legs etc.

It starts with the first human that walked on earth - and that's the God of Adam and Abraham.
This is way before Hindu gods came on the scene.
And yet...this is the system that has so far been believed the longest. Widely, no less.

I thought this contest was about longevity?

Leaving prophecies aside (all religions have these, yours is no more guaranteed than any other), Hinduism is comfortably in the lead.

P.s. No, religion starts with...religion. But if you want to split hairs, Yaweh was still one of a pantheon when Hinduism was being born. So no, not "far longer" than Hinduism.

Hinduism IS a religion and Hindu gods ARE gods; not were, but are.

Old 01-28-2018, 12:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannibal Flavius View Post
I would also say if the People of a God were changed or killed off, he wasn't God.
Awesome! More pieces of the puzzle are being revealed.

Still Hinduism.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality